Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Many will want to add their personal thanks to you, Maria, in here. You work tirelessly in your quest to help us on our forum & I know of one other forum you also post on.

Whenever I see a member in need you always respond to my call for help.

Wherever do you find the time, Maria, to do all this plus work at your own business AND look after your two sons & a husband ? 

We thank you so much, you're our heroine. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 7:32 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Here Here More well said  Maria is a godsend and deserves an eos gold medal (and yourself) Pat.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 7:35 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi thank you for all your help from everyone bye irene/peter

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 8:02 PM by clio Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Two travelling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard flooor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,"Things aren't always what they seem.". The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their only income , lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen?.
The first man had everything,, yet you helped him, he accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.
"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he couldn't find it."
"Then last night as we slept in the farmer's bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."
Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't  turn out the way they should. If you have faith,you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage.You might not know it until sometime later.....I did by meeting Maria through EOS, she is indeed Florence Nightengale,Zorro and the Samaritans all rolled up as one ,and for that I thank her from the bottom of my heart.,I'm sure I speak for all members of  EOS
Clio

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 8:38 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

What a lovely story, also our thanks to Maria who helped us organise our wills when we were out last month,  thanks Maria look forward to seeing you again.

Maureen & Dennis

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 9:01 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Maria

I passed on the information you gave me to our community. Very helpful of you as always x

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 9:35 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Come on... More and all... it is just my duty and my pleasure. No thanks needed. Thanks anyhow to you and all who trust our services!

I have got wonderful people around to make it happen.

I just post in this forum, used to post in SpanishPropertyInsight, but decided to devote my energies to EOS. Mark Stucklin is of course a wonderful professional and is also doing a great job but.... we had to decide, and we are happy with the decission.

Thanks again to you all...come on!! It is not necessary, believe me.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 9:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
And thanks to my husband and to Mari and Caty and Sole and all my family in law who helps with the kids.
And to Nacho, Jaime, Fernando, Jorge, Ali, Luzvi, papá, Steven, Rocio, Almudena, Aroha, Patricia and Yura ( the great people around me)
And to Susan and Justin.... of course
And to you More.
And to you all.

Andagain to papá who teached us the value of honest and proffessional work.

Let´s keep moving ahead! We can make it happen!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 10:30 PM by gail Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria. 

So many people have had their confidence in Spain shaken by the behaviour of lawyers who want only to line their own pockets with no thought for the people they are supposed to represent.

It's wonderful to be able to see that there are honest and generous people in your profession, I hope that many others follow your lead.

Gail

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 10:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Oh Maria, it's not your "duty", any more than it's mine  to be here so much, you do yourself such an injustice. Your thanks to your family was so lovely to see.

I, for one, am so happy you gave up SPI forum to concentrate on us all here. Their loss is our gain.

"Sweet Maria, You Were Never Lovelier"

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:50 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
I too would like to convey my thanks to Maria - she has provided some very good information on the site which has proved invaluable to many people. Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

And more - I think you deserve a mention too - you put so much into this site so I would like to thank you for your help also. I think you both deserve a gold EOS medal!

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:27 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi, I agree with buzzylizzie that both More and Maria go
to great lenghts to help people and gently steer them
in the right direction.
i
MANY THANKS.

GYPSY

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 5:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I've always said that it's the people that make this website what it is.  I'm just the facilitator!

If we didn't have such great contributors to the forums then the website would not exist.

Maria, thanks for all the advice you give to people.  I have received many emails from people saying what a great asset you are to the site.

More, well what can I say to our top poster.  She's there to help everyone on any subject.  Thank you for all your efforts and time.  You too are a big asset to the site.

And to all our other wonderful members, thanks for using the site and being a part of Eye on Spain.  I hope to make more and more facilities and information available to everyone over the coming months.  We are working very hard on some major Eye on Spain projects so if I've been a little absent from the forums lately it's just because I'm working flat out at the moment. 

Thanks to all who contribute to the site.  YOU are the site!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 5:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 12:59 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

I would also like to add my thanks  to Maria for her advise and efforts on EOS and through PMs. It is great to have people like her who are willing to help and advise us mere mortals.
 Maria keep up the good work, and good luck in all you do. Thank you.
Tricia

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 5:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
There are so many members thanking Maria in threads at the moment I'd love you all to post your thanks in here if that's ok with you.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 9:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Thanks again. Thanks to all my team: Rocio, ALmudena, Steven. Aroha, Patricia, Nacho, Fernando, Jaime, Alicia, Luzvi and papá.

We are working hard to increase the standards of consumers protection for foreigners in Spain. We desire you will finally end up enjoying your home in Spain....  maybe once the market is recovered.  I think it is time to start looking for now.

Would you keep coming to Spain?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 11:55 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Of course we will still be coming to Spain, I am out at least once a month at the minute and can't wait to get back next week, specialy when there is lovely people like yourself who is only too willing to help us all.

Thanks again for all you have done for me and Dennis.

Can you also confirm if you have offices in Manilva now or am I getting mixed up.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 4:56 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
I am being somehow " attacked" ( very expressly) I would say by some lawyers who do not like what I do. When I started posting in EyeonSpain 2 years an a half ago, at the same time I started writing legal articles for english speaking people in Spain, I could not imagine my business was gointy to grwo so fastly due to two main reasons:

1.- Lack of independency of many conveyancing lawyers who were not providing full legal information to their clients.
2.- Bad practices by developers, Local Councils, Insurance Companies and Banks in Spain regarding off plan properties.

These are obviously the same who attacks us by evey mean trying to damage the services we provide to our clients.

We are happy you already know who we are, how we work and how committed we are to help you find the Spain you are looking for. 

That´s life

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts
Fortuna Golf Gardens, Murcia - 4 posts
Getting a phone lilne - 31 posts
Becky - 2 posts
Celebs........ - 0 posts
One phase completion + the new road - 2 posts
fuel pump - 3 posts
Refunds from Polaris World - 63 posts
New Spanish Law..postmen don't have to deliver? - 22 posts
Selling a business in tenerife - 0 posts
Post box - 1 posts
KItchens - 19 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca - 0 posts
Thinking about moving and working in Spain - 2 posts
Wanted to rent Villa Oct - Mar or may buy - 10 posts
Why Do We Still Want To Buy In Spain ??? - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x