A MUST READ!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I hope Justin will allow/forgive me posting this. It's a must read and IMHO BRILLIANT!!!

http://spanishpropertyinsight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12862#12862

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 11:16 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
And people on this forum tell me that I am mad to suggest they consider resale!!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 12:19 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Tish, thanks for posting this link. Smiley and I are fervent members of the Cynical Party, and we want this guy on board too. I think he should write our manifesto!

Just in case anybody missed it, here it is again:

http://spanishpropertyinsight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12862#12862

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 12:35 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Quote from the post linked before:

"...you will know Spain well, when....

....- you have a social network that extends to more than just meeting up
with June and Ted down the 'Union Jack' bar in Torremolenous
- you know your local area so well, that you know where the neighbours
dog urinates every morning on his daily walk (Give yourself an extra
point if you also know where the dogs owner urinates every evening on
his way home from the Union Jack bar.) "

I just want to say, before Smiley gets smart, that I don't know June and Ted, and I have never been  to the "Union Jack" bar (if one in fact exists) in Torremolinos (or even Torremolenous!)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 7:52 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Can I become a member of THE CYNICAL PARTY? I'm sure I would qualify!!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 9:20 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 9:53 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Nope - does not mean corruption! Great word used correctly!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 10:56 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 11:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Janice, I think the word you are referring to is "cojones" which means...hmmm....hhhmmm.....boll*cks!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 11:17 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

We covered most words likely to be needed in Spain in my Spanish classes but our teacher forgot to put the most important one in it seems!!!!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 12:46 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I learnt the word "Punto" from an article where a nameless computer manufacturer used this as a trademark name on computers that were destined for the Spanish market.

BIG mistake...................you can look this one up in your dictionarys..............!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 2:44 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
"Todo es jodidamente cojones" - thats the Essex geezer in me coming out! For all those Brits out there Janice, Fibby, Tish etc I want answers on a postcard please - thats your Spanish for the day!  

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 2:54 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Is that like Fiat Punto .....?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 3:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Fibby, punto means "point" or "full stop".  Did you mean to maybe leave the "n" out of that?

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Bloody Hell, any minute now Juan Panzon is going to come on-line and take the p*ss out of us Brits unmercilessly.

I think maybe you need to change the "o" to "a" as well as dropping the "n", as in comPUTA???? At least we've cleared up the cojones issue, but Smiley, jodidamente? I think I know what you mean, but is this spelling right? Not in my dictionary.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 7:22 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hola, here comes the Panzon,

The right spelling for the "nickname" is COJONES, and for you guys it sounds like "cohones" but with a somewhat harsher "H".... there you go...

But cojones has many "acceptions" and not only reffer to the male anathomy..

For example... if something is incredible, or you can not accept it for being to weird... you can say "Mánda cojones "!

If somebody is giving you a hard time, you can say "no me toques los cojones" ( do not touch my jewells)

If something is great, fantastic, you can say Tiene cojones" ! ( It is "jewelled" ) or "cojonúdo" ! 

If you didn´t dare to something... " no tuve cojones..."  (I had not jewells....).

There is an essay on the use of the "Cojones" word in the Spanish language made by Arturo Perez Reverte ( the author of "Alatriste" ) which is absolutelly hilarious, I will se if I can find it and share it with you after some translation.

Also, there is a Spanish book called "From lost to the river" ( an expresion that means.... we were few... and grandmá had a baby.... more and less...) which tries to make an english spanish phrase book but just based on phonetic.... it is fantastic and I sincerily recomend it. Anybody interested? please by MP as I have an electronic copy. But you have to buy a copy in exchange !

Cheers,

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 7:37 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

With  regards to the original link to that quite funny post on another forum..... all I can say is that naming these people as Spanish State agents is a bit unfair.... as in this companies...... nobody speaks Spanish...

A lot of people made good use of the "coast fever".... those stories are the work of rascals that are not longer in the business or they are about to go extinct...... just today called a client in Hong Kong to whom I sold 3 apts in a development and one into another... the 3 he paid 150,000 more an less.... I called him today as one of his apts still appeared for sale in the IN system and he told me he had sold it, and he was selling it for 240,000.- I sold to the guys in GOOD developments....... responsibly..... and he still picks up the phone from me and tells me his family story..

I am very sorry a lot of clients fell beyond their means..... and I feel ashamed of some called sales people..... I am sure theres a rotten rat everywhere.. but in the majoryty, sales people are honest people or they do not survive in the industry because their colleagues start to mistrust them.

If I pointed to a future Cabopino comercial centre.... there it is, if I said when selling Mimosas de Cabopino that I was buying there... I am living here and seeing my clients every day.... if I said there was going to be a park in front of Jardines de Casares, there is the park..... If I said that my colleagues were buying in Don Juan, well, two of them actually did....and they have their apartments there.

Not ever one is a rat, there is rats everywhere......but not al of them have rabies.... for every rat there are 10 hard workers.

Cheers,

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 8:59 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Juan, I know there is good and bad in everything ...BUT..it only takes one bad apple.............sadly...................... You good guys must know the baddies....shop them!!!

This message was last edited by Tish on 2/6/2007.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 9:38 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar
poor juan           he thinks only 10% of estate agents are rats with rabies. not very good at the old sums is he        I'll give him 10 out 10 for trying but at best 10%of estate agents do not have rabies and perhaps 1%   are honest

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 6:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Continuing the theme of Spanish language, here's a really useful resource. (actually, I think it's completely pointless but it is quite fun for about 10 seconds)

http://www.oddcast.com:80/home/demos/tts/frameset.php?frame1=talk

Move your cursor around the picture to make the eyes and face move, while listening to whatever you type. You can even set it to say Spanish words in an Argentinian accent!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dental Care - 25 posts
A sad state of affairs - 12 posts
Deposit Refund - 1 posts
Lynx Dishwasher - Brand New (unwanted item in builders' furniture pack) - 6 posts
Thank you Jeansis - 3 posts
Doing my sums. - 3 posts
Things to do - 1 posts
furniture stores - 6 posts
Lectures about Local Taxes in Spain - 1 posts
El Raso urbanisation. 5 mins drive from Guardamar, Costa Blanca. - 2 posts
Princess park - 4 posts
Bob, in here a mo. - 1 posts
Ladies Hockey and Childrens Rugby - 1 posts
Grupo Mirador Builders - 1 posts
THE RAIN IN SPAIN FALLS MAINLY EVERYWHERE - 16 posts
Satellite Navigation - 5 posts
Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts
TV shows about the Costas - 145 posts
Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x