Barbecue Ideas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

With summer final here on the Costa Del Sol (not a cloud seen for weeks) people will be striking up the barbecues, so with that in mind, read on....

Corn on the Cob with Chilli Butter

6 corn on the cob, intact with outer leaves

Chilli Butter
110g salted butter
3 large mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 tbsp finely chopped coriander

For the Chilli Butter
Place the butter, chillies and pepper in a small saucepan and leave to melt on the edge of the barbecue.

Do not allow to boil or brown

To prepare the corn
Pull off some of the outer leaves, leaving just one or two layers over the corn kernels.

Barbecue
Preheat the barbecue grill to medium. Clean & lightly oil the rack. Place the corn on the grill and grill all over for aproximately 30 minutes with leaves on. By the end of this time, the leaves will have charred and the kernels will have softened. peel them right back to form a sort of dramatic husky handle. Now that the corn is exposed , baste with the chilli butter and carry on grilling for about 10 minutes untill lightly charred all over.

To serve the corn
Remove the corn to a large warmed serving bowl, brush with more of the chilli butter and scatter with the chopped coriander.

Simple even for me that one.

And with all this talk of food I am now off for some tapa's.

Anthony Franks
The Book Point
Avd.Isabel Manoja,10
Edif.San Enrique
Local 42 de Torremolinos
afranks@thebookpointspain.com

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 9:42 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi All

I everyone we have just returned from the Duquesa area after a weeks holiday of scorching sunshine.  If you are in the vicinity of Puerto Duquesa then do try the English Butcher his meat is superb on the barbecue.  Over the week we have tried peppered pork, beef burgers (massive), chicken breast, sirloin steak and all the sausage varieties, everything was superb, of course it could have been the chief cook and bottle swiller, although I do think the meat had everything to do with it - do try him.  The English Butcher, Puerto Dequesa, he is open every day Monday to Friday 9-5.30 and until 1.00 pm on Saturday.

On another note don't forget your barbecue fuel all the shops are shut on a Sunday which we learnt except the one at Estepona marina  which we think was called 'Opencor'.

Have a good holiday barbecue.

Jojan

Like 0      
24 Jun 2008 7:03 PM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi everyone 

It is absolutely boiling here on the costas today, which will make it all the more refreshing, the taste of that 1st san miguel, Anyway here is a little gem for the barbecue.

Honey mustard chicken

175g (6oz 1/2 cup) honey
60g (2 1/4 oz/1/4 cup) dijon mustard
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (italian) parsley leaves
1.8 kg (4 lb ) chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces

Put the honey, mustard, oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a large non-metalic bowl. mix together well. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the marinade to baste the chicken during cooking. Add the chicken pieces to the rest of the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.

Preheat a covered or kettle barbecue to medium indirect heat and cook the chicken pieces for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through. The breast pieces may take as little as 15 minutes, while dark meat will take longer. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade during the last 5-8 minutes of cooking, but no earlier or it is likely to burn.

Happy barbecueing

Anthony Franks
Avd.Isabel Manoja, 10
Edif San Enrique
Local 42 de Torremolinos
Malaga
** EDITED - Email address **

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 6:21 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

BBQ ideas sound great - will try them next BBQ
Anymore ideas anyone?

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 7:20 PM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi KarenDavid

I will post something manana

Anthony Franks
The Book Point
Avd.Isabel Manoja, 10
Edif San Enrique
Local 42 de Torremolinos
Malaga

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 8:27 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

I'll look forward to it, something to go with the rioja  

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 9:40 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Can someone tell me where the butchers is in Duquesa please? Must try them.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 2:27 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Maureen

Butcher is car park side of the port.  So, looking at the sea from the car park, it's on your right.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 7:28 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thanks Jan, will give them a visit when I'm there.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 3:48 PM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Today I am choosing mainly because I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to barbecues but I just love a good burger, so with no furher ado

Beef and mozzarella burgers with tomatoes

500 g (1lb 2 oz) minced (ground) beef                                                         1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
160g (5 3/4 oz/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs                                                1 egg
1 red onion, finely chopped                                                                             8 pieces mozzarella cheese,
4 garlic cloves, crushed                                                                                   2 cm x 3cm x 5mm (3/4 x 1 1/4 x 1/4 inch)
30g (1 oz) finely shredded basil leaves                                                        olive oil spray
50 g (1 3/4 oz) pitted black olives,finely chopped                               

Chargrilled tomatoes
6 roma (plum)tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil

Put the beef, breadcrums, onion, garlic, basil, olives, balsamic vinegar and egg in a large bowl and season. Use your hands to mix it all together, then cover and refigerate the mixture for about 2 hours.
Divide the beef mixture into eight portions and roll each portion into a ball. Push a piece of mozzarela into the middle of each ball, then push the mince mixture  over to covere the hole and flatten the ball to form a patty.

To make the chargrilled tomatoes, slice the tomatoes in half lenghways and toss them with the olive oil. Spray the barbecue grill plate with olive oil and preheat it to high direct heat. Cook the tomatoes, cut side down, for 8 minutes then turn them over and cook for another 5 minutes or untill they are soft.

Cook the patties on one side for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 5 minutes or untill they are completely  cooked through and the cheese has melted, Serve the burgers and chargrilled tomatoes with agreen salad.

I think this one is a absolute must in your barbecue armory.

all the best

Anthony Franks
The Book Point
Avd. Isabel manoja, 10
Edif.San Enrique
Local 42 de Torremolinos

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 6:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Ah-ha!

Seeing as all of you have such great ideas for a BBQ, my idea is .......

Come round your place with a load of cerveza, stuff me face silly and then get sh@t faced!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 6:56 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

You can count me in too - these recipes are great.  Anymore?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 6:10 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Here is a good sauce recipe I was given by a cook in the Philippines, very good with belly pork. A mate of mine, say's belly pork with the sauce would turn a muslin away from islam

Kev’s Sticky Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:

1. 500ml Vinegar.
  2. 3 Cloves of garlic finely chopped.
  3. 4 Heaped desert spoons of tomato puree.
  4. 1 Desert spoon of mustard.
  5. 200gm Brown sugar.
  6. 1 Desert spoon of Tabasco sauce or other chilli sauce.
  7. 2 Desert spoons of corn flour.

Method:

• Put the vinegar into a medium sized sauce pan and bring to the boil.
  • Add the chopped garlic, brown sugar, tomato puree, mustard and Tabasco.
  • Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
  • Mix the corn flour with a little cold water to form a paste, and then slowly mix some of the paste into the pan stirring the mixture until it thickens.
  • Leave on a low heat to simmer for 3-4 more minutes.

Once completed leave the sauce to cool and then use as any other barbecue sauce. You can store the sauce in a jar or bottle in the fridge.

For use with belly or other pork, first slow cook the pork in the oven for about 30-45 min. or until tender covered with foil, then coat the pork with the sauce and barbecue as normal.

Enjoy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity switchover - 1 posts
Seat belts, booster seats etc for children ? - 6 posts
Water condition in Marbella - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
Someone stealing electricity: how to get Sevillana to help? - 6 posts
mortgages - 2 posts
El Bosque de la Mareina - New friends - 0 posts
Short term rental - 0 posts
violent crime. - 0 posts
Solar Power for the pool heating and garden lights? - 2 posts
Community pool info - 3 posts
Patio Heaters - 1 posts
Once you get to spain.... - 3 posts
Cirque du Soleil - 11 posts
Web Site. - 4 posts
Help needed please (mother of the bride/groom outfit) - 1 posts
wanted - 1 posts
Gas BBQ - 4 posts
Grupo MIrador - 6 posts
Does a UK fax machine work in Spain? - 2 posts
NIE number.......... - 6 posts
Solicitors fees - 7 posts
hola, new in spain and struggling, friends and advice needed. - 16 posts
hola - 1 posts
Demolished villa in Catral - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x