Seat belts, booster seats etc for children ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Hi,
 I realise that every person in a car has to wear a seat bely by law in Spain but, what are the laws on age and hights of children regarding child and booster seats?

Thanks

Dave

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 11:06 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
Hi Dave,

Children are prohibited from travelling in the front seat until the age of 12 years unless an approved child restraint is used.  You can find out more and the EEC law on child booster seats, etc, by clicking on the link.

Linda

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 9:18 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Thanks very much for that, I didnt realise it covered all European !!

Regards

Dave

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 10:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
This has already been discussed.  Rather than give you the link I posted in April, here it is copied

The rules in Spain are the same as UK.  Children must have their own car seat. I had to have a booster seat for my 8 year grandaughter last year and a child seat for my 5 year old grandson.  Children under 135cm must have a booster seat.

This from the Get Spain website:

Up to 9 months and up to 10 kg, a carrycot must be used laid across the rear seat and secured with the car's safety belt or any specially approved attachment.

From 10kg to 13kg and up to 2 years of age, a child's car seat fitted in the rear with the child facing rearwards.

From 9kg to 18kg and from 9 months to 3 years old, child seats facing frontwards or rearwards , fitted in the rear of the car and secured as detailed in the seats instructions.

From 15kg to 25kg and 3 to 6 years of age, use a seat adaptor (elevator) to lift the child up to fit comfortably with, if necessary, a CE-EU approved seat belt adaptor.

From 22kg to 36kg and 6 to 12 years of age, use a seat elevator so that the child is comfortably protected using the seat belts.

Children up to the age of 12 are not allowed to sit in the front seat.

.  There are hire shops which will rent out a child car seat and I have definitely seen such shops in Torrevieja but can't  remember where.  I'm sure they'll have the same type of shops wherever you are.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2008 7:36 AM by horton3 Star rating in Sittingbourne Kent. 30 posts Send private message

We have friends who are renting our apartment in September, arriving at Almeria airport,  they will need a child seat, is it best to get one from the car hire company or does anyone know a better source.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2008 5:07 PM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar
I don't know how much car hire companies are charging these days but when I hired a booster seat it was just a piece of foam covered in dirty material.  This was before the 'new' regulations were brought in though.  The booster seats we had in Tenerife last year were 'regulation' ones, but filthy. 

I have seen really cheap booster seats and car seats in Carrefour.  If your relatives are going to be visiting again and needing booster seats, it may be more economical to buy them and leave them in the house for the next time/visitor.  Just my thoughts.

Hope this helps.
Diane

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:52 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Thanks very much for all the advice.
We actually bought 2 new seats at Carrefour !

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water condition in Marbella - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
Someone stealing electricity: how to get Sevillana to help? - 6 posts
mortgages - 2 posts
El Bosque de la Mareina - New friends - 0 posts
Short term rental - 0 posts
violent crime. - 0 posts
Solar Power for the pool heating and garden lights? - 2 posts
Community pool info - 3 posts
Patio Heaters - 1 posts
Once you get to spain.... - 3 posts
Cirque du Soleil - 11 posts
Web Site. - 4 posts
Help needed please (mother of the bride/groom outfit) - 1 posts
wanted - 1 posts
Gas BBQ - 4 posts
Grupo MIrador - 6 posts
Does a UK fax machine work in Spain? - 2 posts
NIE number.......... - 6 posts
Solicitors fees - 7 posts
hola, new in spain and struggling, friends and advice needed. - 16 posts
hola - 1 posts
Demolished villa in Catral - 20 posts
long Term Rental 2 or 3 bedroom required near to Marbella - 5 posts
car hire alicante station - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x