Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2007 11:57 AM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi Darren

Very speedy reply, thank you for the rental calculator, much appreciated.

Hudsey

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 12:50 PM by jessief Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Darren

Thanks very much for sending me the Rental Income spreadsheet - I'm sure it will be very helpful.

Regards Liz

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 5:15 PM by shenouda Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Darren,

I will be grateful if you can send me the rental income calculator.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 10:37 PM by joolsveer Star rating in Dublin. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Darren for sending me the calculator.
Dave

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 9:12 AM by Priorywoman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Would you mind sending me the cal as well please, regards Dawn

PS first ever post so hello everyone.....

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 12:24 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

A big welcome to you, Priorywoman, I hope you'll enjoy this forum and that we see many posts from you.

Kind regards,

Janice

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 5:32 PM by Priorywoman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks guys, makes a great read. Darren killed your email to me. You can send it via netcontroller@btinternet.com (the others half public email address) Thanks again

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 5:35 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Priorywoman,

Welcome to EOS!!!

That Darren's a helpful little chap isn't he!

Can you update your profile so we can all see where in the UK you are from and where you have bought/are buying in Spain please?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 7:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Ooooeerr, Fibby " Can you update your profile so we can all see where in the UK you are from and where you have bought/are buying in Spain please?" Roberto will be telling you off for asking in future, & not me.   You carry on.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 7:58 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

For anyone who believes what their agent tells them about potential rental income read this site:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/f-10.html

AS FOR A RENTAL INCOME CALCULATOR ?   YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH!

Heres a simple one divide what your agent tells you by 10% and thats what you may get if your lucky?

Johnone

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 6:36 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

ooo-eerrr how did I manage to do that priorywoman.

Sincere apologies

Darren

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 7:30 PM by rickmirador Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Darren - your calculator seems very popular so could I have a copy please. send to rickmirador@aol.com. This is my first post anywhere so hello to all. We are shortly to complete on an apartment in Fuengirola and all the comments posted here are great info. We entered the Spain property market with our eyes firmly shut so we are now paying the price (Literally !!!!) and it has been a steep learning curve.

Richard

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 2:00 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi rickmirador.   If you are thinking of renting out your new apartment be careful as many of the agents have a bigger pocket than you for your rentals the best way to rent is to find a agent local to look after it you will have to pay a fee for this but its a safe guard if you have any problems when renting and there will be some and you need somebody there, try and get your rentals from the uk but if the agent can offer some as well thats ok by getting most of your bookings from the uk the agent willnot have much chance to slip one or two in your blank weeks tell him you might pop over at the last minute if you have no bookings sometimes that also helps that is good for your pocket. This how we checked some agents out some years ago my husband walked into a rental agent and said we were thinking of renting  and would like some details of rental prices  he showed him the weekly prices and said he took 15% for himself  plus a yearly charge (say £200 ) too look after the apart.  I was hiding around the corner out of site  I then went in and asked for rental price list as my friends and I would like to come at different times of the year he gave me one and I joined my husband for a coffee and we looked at the prices per week, the list I had was15% higher per week than my husbands so the % he was going to take was 30% not 15%  plus he would slip some in for his own pocket as well as he would proberly have told us that we had no bookings for some when we did . There are some good rental agents out there but be wise there are many sharks also I also hope this info helps any other members who are renting or thinking about it Regards Rosi n

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 3:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Rosi N

that was a great post!

Such sound advice for those thinking of renting out.

I admire your detective attitude, it's omething I wouldn't have thought of, well done!

Interestingly, did you go back and challenge the agent?

I would have loved to have seen his face!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 3:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Rosi,

I, too, enjoyed reading your post.

When you post such a long one in future though, could I ask if you'd spread it out a bit (please ) as I found it hard to read, with no paragraghs.

I'll certainly look forward to future posts from you.

Regards,

Janice

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 11:40 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi  Fibby / Jeans Sis.      I should spread it out a lot more even i have trouble reading it some times.       As regards going back to the agent and telling him what i thought of his service we left it as we had spent nearly a whole week trying to find a good one, 50% were crooks most of the rest the promises seemed too good .  That was the days of good rentals it was possible to have 45 weeks a year booked  ( mid 1990s )    It takes about 2 years to get it going properly and you must do it from this end mostly .                                                                                                                                                                Did you see The Place In The Sun last week with Jasmin telling the new buyers those new built flats rented for £1000 per week she must be be on a big %  as we know some great apartments  that  rent for £500 -£600  peak weeks and that really was a concrete jungle  up the coast .                                     The sun is trying here but the wind is fresh ( cold really ) in the uk, wish I was back in Spain again but shall have to wait until Oct.          Regards to all   Rosi n

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 10:58 PM by sgm71 Star rating in Ayrshire, Scotland. 30 posts Send private message

Hello,

I've always had the idea in the back of my mind to make a small investment in the Sun and on my last few visits the idea grew to the point that I have placed a reservation fee on an Apart-Hotel type development.

I'm now feverously researching before I reach the point of no return, should probably have done this before parting with cash, but I work better when the pressure is on !!!
1) Guaranteed Rental, sketchy details provided at present as development is 2 years from completion – therefore I would be interested to hear of real experiences of these schemes – what are community fees have you incurred, as it’s a Hotel based development there will be service charges for cleaning / laundry I expect etc etc
I’m informed that GR will be between 3-5 %, quick search came up with schemes with 3-4% but no real details; the non-binding information for illustration purposes received for this development show 3% return at around 10K and annual costs of around 9K which are paid for by the Management Company; the resultant balance is not sufficient to pay the mortgage, but I’m happy with this arrangement – my main purpose is to provide regular holidays in what will become familiar surroundings for my family complete with new baby; the days of long haul holidays curtailed by the new addition for a few years !

Information on the Tax position would be appreciated, what are allowable expenses outwith the annual upkeep costs, are mortgage payments considered an allowable expense ?

What cash flow implications are to be expected in such schemes; are returns to be expected monthly, quarterly, annually ? an example I uncovered had payments to owners due quarterly but paid 60 days later, essentially I would need to finance 5 full months before receiving any cash towards my expenses, am I to expect this as normal ?

Is there anywhere I can find an example contract to review for a scheme like this ?

2) Property prices -  I’m not concerned that the market has slowed as I’m looking at a longer term investment – but for a 5* class 2 bed apart-hotel type unit in the Marbella area with extensive onsite amenities, what is the current cost per square meter value market value for such properties – must say that there appear to be loads of properties for sale with varying prices and without visiting each I cant really reconcile the properties against the one I’m interested in.
Any comments would be appreciated. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts
Snagging surveyors - 0 posts
SHOPPING .. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND - 3 posts
Personal Safety - 2 posts
Importing a car into Spain tax free - 1 posts
Lo Crispen ALGORFA Geoffrey - 1 posts
Handyman for hire! - 0 posts
Malcolm - 1 posts
Malcolm - 7 posts
La Canada San Miguel - 1 posts
Spanish Festivals - 12 posts
Sant Ana Golf Jumilla(San Jose) - 5 posts
Punta Plata Apartments - Estepona - 1 posts
Habitation Licence Granted, But Apartment Not Ready. - 6 posts
Do not use - 22 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Habitation License - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x