:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Kram Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Kram´s avatar

Hi everyone,

Im hoping someone can advise.

The company furniture plus has been recommended to me by an acquaintance.  Before I make the big decision as to where I am going to buy the furniture from to furnish my new villa, I wondered if anyone else has used this company before.  The prices seem cheaper than other package companies.  Is this a good thing or does it mean the furniture lacks quality??

I hope someone out there can help.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Apr 2008 11:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark  http://www.furnitureplus.es/index.php is one I can't recall ever mentioned on EOS. Presumably your acquaintance recommended them as he/she was happy with the quality & other aspects. I also think it depends if you're furnishing for rental use though I suspect maybe not, or your own use in which case of course you want better. Well, we certainly did, anyway.

Can't you go visit & make your own mind up ? Only way you'll really be sure. I'm always amazed at how many are more than content with furniture I'd never consider. 

Like 0      
02 May 2008 12:10 PM by keith.spain Star rating in puerto lumbreras. 5 posts Send private message

Mark,

We have purchased beds, cabinets and other bits and pieces with no problem. the furniture is mainly from the uk and therefore of the same standard you would buy at home. i have to agree though you should go and view.

keith

Like 0      
03 May 2008 9:09 AM by musicroy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hope I am not breaking any rules here. First, declared interest, I work for Furniture Plus.

Second, I would advise anyone to do what you would do in England. Visit the shop, be it us or whoever, sit on the sofas, lay on the beds. 2 weeks on a bad mattress can ruin a holiday and if you are visiting regularly, can gradually put you off returning to your Holiday home. If you are renting, can prevent onward recommendation.

Third, make sure you get what you ordered, make notes or, better still, get a quote list of everything you select, take pictures if necessary, isn't that why phones have cameras.

Fourth, Bedsteads make it easier to keep clean, rather than divans, most shops sell both.

Prices. Make sure you know exactly what the cost is, it is easier if everything in the showroom is priced, like in England. Make sure the price is in Euros. It is a shock to be told the price of what you have fallen in love with is considerably more because the ad was actually in pounds.

Just some of the differences in buying furniture in Spain.

Hope this snippet is of help wherever you shop for furniture.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

nannette - 1 posts
set up fees for mortgage - 3 posts
The NEW forum rules !!! - 9 posts
NEW : Abbey Zero Credit Card, NO foreign exchange fees for goods OR cash - 0 posts
WHO PAYS THE HIGHEST COMMUNITY FEES - 25 posts
La Vizcaronda - 2 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 2 posts
Sun Loungers - 2 posts
hello from portsmouth - 2 posts
Good deal or not, advice please. - 4 posts
Torrevieja information - 9 posts
Can anyone help - 0 posts
The campaign to clean up Orihuela Costa has begun - 0 posts
Driving & consequences of doing wrong. - 5 posts
Bringing in excess tobacco from Gibralta - help please! - 9 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM LET IN CONDADO - 4 posts
want long term rental in puerto lumbreres - 0 posts
Big Thanks to Sharon W - www.themortgageservicegroup.com - 13 posts
old story Community debtors - 13 posts
Alcossebre, Costa Azahar - 1 posts
news letter? - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 27 posts
Speedin Fine. 'HELP' - 6 posts
Leaving the United Kingdom, tax rebate - 8 posts
Sunflower oil scare in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x