set up fees for mortgage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by g9lou Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

I know I have seen this info on this forum but cant seem to find it now.   I need information upon fees when taking the builders mortgage.  The mortgage will be the subrogation amount plus a fair bit extra ( cant tell you how much as not been told)

So I need to know what % I payfor each of the diferent fees. Also I know the bank have said eurobar +0.75%. Is it the norm for this rate to be aplied to the subrogation amount, as well as the extra.

The bank have said we need to take their buldings and contents insurance which I know it is best to do, however, they also want us to take life insurance ( Ihave no idea if this insurance will be competitivly priced or not), and also a one off insurance fee "just in case in yeras to come it is deemed illegal, and needs to be knocked down"!!   The development has had all liscences granted at regional level, and isnt this what my solicitor chceks for?   Do I need this insurance, and what is the reality of haggling with these people

many thanks in anticipation

louise

Like 0      
30 Apr 2008 1:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Louise

Why not contact Smiley on here ? He's a mortgage broker on the CDS.

Search posts by SMILEY & send him a PM or link to this thread ... http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumReply.aspx?thread=4204&dev=FB1&name=Spanish%20Mortgages

Good luck.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2008 4:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Ask your lawyer to confirm all the costs to you in advance and also that the chargeable rate is applicable to the entire loan not simply the amount you are subrogating. It would be unusual for them to apply 2 different rates but not impossible and i have heard of it happening before. The insurance they are talking about is Title Insurance - whether it is reliable or not will be for the bank to confirm to you - try taking them to court in the event that you need to claim and the company backing the policy has gone "tits up". Laywers fill a different role here and to be honest the bank valuation itself should highlight any potential future pitfalls for unlicensed properties - then again you wont be getting a valuation report as you are subrogating the developers mortgage - hmmmmm - not sure the answer on that one - guess it depends on the pedigree of the company offering the Title Insurance.

regarding the other costs your lawyer should give you a breakdown of all the Notary fees, taxes etc.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 May 2008 1:22 PM by g9lou Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

thanks very much for the relies

louise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The NEW forum rules !!! - 9 posts
NEW : Abbey Zero Credit Card, NO foreign exchange fees for goods OR cash - 0 posts
WHO PAYS THE HIGHEST COMMUNITY FEES - 25 posts
La Vizcaronda - 2 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 2 posts
Sun Loungers - 2 posts
hello from portsmouth - 2 posts
Good deal or not, advice please. - 4 posts
Torrevieja information - 9 posts
Can anyone help - 0 posts
The campaign to clean up Orihuela Costa has begun - 0 posts
Driving & consequences of doing wrong. - 5 posts
Bringing in excess tobacco from Gibralta - help please! - 9 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM LET IN CONDADO - 4 posts
want long term rental in puerto lumbreres - 0 posts
Big Thanks to Sharon W - www.themortgageservicegroup.com - 13 posts
old story Community debtors - 13 posts
Alcossebre, Costa Azahar - 1 posts
news letter? - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 27 posts
Speedin Fine. 'HELP' - 6 posts
Leaving the United Kingdom, tax rebate - 8 posts
Sunflower oil scare in Spain - 1 posts
Buying in Polaris World - Terrazas de la Torre - 5 posts
Have you or are you completing soon - would like to hear from you - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x