Fitting electrial appliances and lights.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2008 7:56 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

I'm sort of working from what I have gathered from other buyers. Probably it will all become clearer when we actually hear for ourselves. From what  I understood after completion the utilities change over should be be between 30-60 day and there's no access to the property during that time. Developer is arranging for that changeover- dont believe there's any suggestion that everything isnt in order just that there are alot of properties. I think people are going over to snag, complete and then there a 30 day window at least before access can be allowed. Maybe for any problems to be rectified. As I say we can be more accurate once we know for ourselves.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 8:13 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

A word of advice to all new Spanish property owners.  Make sure you have plenty of emergency lighting in your house for when you get a power outage.  These don't occur very often but when they do it's very scary. 

Once you have been through one then you understand why the shops sell candles in all shapes and sizes.

Now you can buy small round battery powered push lights, B & Q sell them for £5 each but if you have a Poundland store near you they sell them in packs of two.  I have them in every room, so much easier than searching for a match to light a candle.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:49 PM by janejohn Star rating. 183 posts Send private message

Can anyone help with this problem:  We have wires for wall lights coming out of our wall 10cm from a window frame in one room and 20cm in another.  Apart from the fact that this is going to look odd, we're concerned about the safety aspect - we obviously can't have curtains hanging over wall lights.  Does anyone out there know anything about Spanish building regulations?  Thanks

Jane

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 1:39 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
is there any problems using  GU10 or MR16 downlighters
cheers

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 9:26 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

The only problem I've heard of is ordering the wrong size for the hole in the ceiling! Some of the holes can be a bit irregular!

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 12:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
The holes cut in our shower room ceiling are slightly larger than those cut in neighbours  (HOW ??) & they told us what size spotlights to buy. We bought these & there's gaps around the lights, now need to go buy larger circumferance ones.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 12:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Funny you should mention that More cause when I was in 99p store last week they had a couple of different sized ones in there

I'm only looking because Chris took the old bulb out to replace and left the clip in the draining board of all places.  I can remember him saying that we mustn't loose this but can't find it anywhere.  I can't remember throwing it away but probaberly did when I was cleaning the draining board.  All I need is the clip to hold the bulb in, perhaps we'll try fuse wire bent to shape

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 12:50 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
The downlighters generally fit as long as the hole is not smaller than 65mm

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts
Gas Bareque Licence??????????? - 1 posts
Wonderful Alcaidesa - 3 posts
Gran Mirador Rio Park Muchamiel 13 MISSING PEOPLE WANTED READ MR ANDY. - 0 posts
Mr Andy - 1 posts
Disappearing developers - what is the right course of action - 7 posts
How to find a thread - 3 posts
Spanish property prices up! - 3 posts
PARKING AT TERMINAL 2 ALICANTE? - 2 posts
Splitting a parcela - 1 posts
Villa @ La campaneta County of Orihuela - 2 posts
Buy/Sell/Rent Free Online Advertising - 0 posts
Estepona Primary Schools Please - 0 posts
Estepona Agent Agents Please - 3 posts
Estepona Urbs - Which ones are nice?? - 1 posts
UK property falling as well as Spain's - 11 posts
Buying Tax Free Scam - 18 posts
Marina de Dona Julia, Casares - 1 posts
P.W. time table - 4 posts
breach of contract - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x