Good restaurants in the Duquesa Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2008 12:48 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
You know, it's so weird about the Slow Boat.

All the locals I know recommend them, and yet all of us on here agree to disagree lol STRANGE!!! Anyways, we had a nice time there in April the same as Leema, so I don't know  if it's changed hands? I do know that from our last visit we will go there again.

With regards to our meet up on the 11th, what about Parapiros as the venue?

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 6/6/2008.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 6/6/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 9:15 AM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar
Would agree Parapiros has always been consistently good, Sea bream off the specials or rib eye steak... god I'm feeling hungry.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 9:16 AM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar
Would agree Parapiros has always been consistently good, Sea bream off the specials or rib eye steak... god I'm feeling hungry.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 3:03 AM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar
Of course, while it may have been mentioned in passing,  everyone's forgetting The Jolly Sailor - the food is spot on, but if you drink enough of the new, handsome bartender's delightful cocktails, you'll not even remember the food.

How do I know, I hear you ask?

Well, I AM that new, handsome bartender.

And, anyone who mentions EoS can get his perfectly balanced Strawberry Martini (with secret ingredients) for €2 less than the list price.

See you there,

Mark x

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 7:32 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Must pop in again when we come out in July, we always have a meal there, but never tried the cocktails yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 8:30 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
See you in July, Mark!!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 9:16 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

What about a girlie afternoon or early evening Jan???????????

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 10:11 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hiya Gang,

I hope we are still on for our EOS meet on Friday 11th July.

Around 7pm ish at the Rilex in Sabinillas

And then move on to the Jolly Sailor

Hic ..... and shen mooove ons fram there hic, hic!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 10:22 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sounds good Maureen - we could all descend upon the handsome bartender Mark and partake of a few of his reduced price cocktails!!!

And, yes, TechnoApe, still on as far as I'm aware, for Friday 11th at Rilex.  Looking forward to the meet!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 12:08 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Getting excited now, can't wait, see you all at Rilex in Sabinillas, a bit of a walk to Jolly Sailor from there, will see how we feel and go with the flow.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 2:03 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
There are a few bars along the way you know!  

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2008 5:14 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Having just spent a fabulous week staying in our new apartment for the first time I have to say that we are rather disappointed with the restaurants at the port in Duquesa except for the Chinese and the Indian .   I think that they are now way  over - priced . I know it is  touristy but aside from that the prices are actually now dearer than my locals at home.    I think we will have to move out of the Port .    Cruz Blanca is still my favourite, great food and good value .  We went a fabulous fish restaurant a few miles away , the service , the food , the prices were great  but the problem is who wants to drive - eat at the port and no driving   or great food , cheaper price but one needs to drive . 

I think the prices have gone up  for the summer - the high Euro does not help.   Enjoyed the food much more in March.     Anyone tried the restaurants in Gibraltar  - they are briliant ?   Try the marina or Cafe Solo and the great Solo ??? in irish Town.   Much better value and such a variety.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 11:18 AM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

You surprise me Tamsin!  I always found the restaurants in Gib Inordinately expensive and the food was no great shakes either!  Mind you, I haven't been to the places you mention......

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 11:50 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Tamsin,

Which Chinese are you referring to, as there are three in the port:

Asiatico - Right down the far end, in between the 'On the Waterfront' and 'Valhalla' bars.

Slow Boat - on the right, just by the main entrance to the port from the main car park (standing with the quay side behind you)

And the third one, which is to the left of Slow Boat, but can't remember what it's called.

We always used to go to the Asiatico, however their service went downhill, and no 'drink on the house' and hot towels. 

So last time we were there, end of April, we went to the Slow Boat and as said previously had a great time, including 'drink on the house' and hot towels.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 2:11 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Technoape

I think we always go the third one,although we have been to all three and I cannot fault any of them. My family like the inclusive menu that they have at lunch and then of course the free aperitif.   For the price they charge it is super value .   I suppose we notice the prices more now that we are coming over 3-4 times per year as as we have the apartment , instead of once a year in the summer.    Coming over more frequently we only eat out once per day instead of twice.

Another great place to eat lunch is Miel - with cakes to die for.  Have not managed to visit  there since last year so I hope it is still as good .   We used to walk along the beach and then have our coffee there.    Someone told me that people travel miles for the cakes there.   Oh to be back !!!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 2:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Tamsin,

Not to rub it in .... but we will be there from Saturday Night until the Monday Night on the 14th July.

16 DAYS in our apartment!!!

As you said, when you have an apartment you want to go there as often as possible and as this will be our third trip this year, 10 days in Jan and 15 days in April/May so far, then also as you said, it becomes it bit pricey to eat out all the time.

That's why every day we eat  breakfast in the apartment, sat outside in the sun, and for every night we eat out, we eat in the following night. It's nice cooking in your own apartment, at your leisure, with a glass of San Miguel in hand ..... ah! I'm there now!!!

BUT ..... Now that I know where the cakes are ..... YUM!!!

However I promise not to eat all of them!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 4:41 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Maybe a stupid question but 

Why are you all eating Chinese food when you're in SPAIN??

I acknowledge that some of the Spanish recipe concoctions leave a lot to be desired but can you ever tire of their fabulously fresh fish? 

Spanish restaurants in London are really popular and more opening all the time. This thread seems to be praising the merits of Chinese food not Spanish. We don't want to fall into the rest of Europe's opinion of the British diet of stodge followed by more stodge - oh and don't forget we want none of that yucky foreign rubbish like Garlic. 

Rant over I'll go away and eat some afternoon stodge...

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 8:22 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi Tamsin

Where is Miel?  We have just got back for Puerto Duquesa and booked another flight for 16 July so unfortunately will miss the meet on 11 July, we will have a drink at home and think of you all having a great time.  Is Miel a restaurant or can you buy the cakes to take away they sound yummy enough to go with our barbecues from the English Butcher over there?

Jojan

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 7:36 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Miel is next to the Argentinian , El Estribo, which is within a cock stride of Rilax which does the best Thai chicked salad in the world, outside Thailand that is.
Miel has agreat selection of Belgian delicacies...cakes, chocolates and beers!!!

Jolly Sailor was closed in May...is it open now?

Regards

John

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 8:02 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Maureen...noted what you said about El Estribo and not had a good experience. If you like Argentinian one we have been to and liked, and the prices are more sensible , is Los Argentinos in Calle Miraflores in Sabinillas. Basically just behind all the banks in Sabinillas. You have to book for Saturday night because they have a floor show, usually some highly athletic South American champion tango dancing pair ..very good. a word of caution though...for an Argentinian restaurant the steak I had was not the best...but everybody else in our group who had something else really enjoyed it. geat experience and they even gave me the bottle of Limon to take home with me.   Must say the golf next day was a bit hazy!!

Try this site for a list of places in our area  

http://www.manilvalife.com/foodanddrink/restaurants_new.htm

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to avoid Spanish Inheritance Tax - 25 posts
fire baskets - 0 posts
Not what but where? - 18 posts
hi we are tonden - 2 posts
Meeting - 09/06/07 - 54 posts
Driving from Bilbao to Mar Menor - 11 posts
Directions To the Roman Baths - 4 posts
Good Ladies Clothes Shop - 5 posts
Intercom system - 3 posts
This seems very expensive - 0 posts
Looks like a new way to create funds! - 6 posts
Spanish Banking Ombudsman - 37 posts
Completion?-but have to pay 4000 euros for insurance??? - 6 posts
can this business work in spain???? - 6 posts
dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts
Directions to Manilva required - 0 posts
golf clubs in Murcia - 10 posts
manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 93

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x