Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by Derjac Star rating in Newport, Gwent and D.... 35 posts Send private message

We are travelling down to our new apartment in Duquesa from Malaga airport. Using the link on the home page it trawled through and gave us a list of cars plus rates but no name. Question is has anybody hired a car using this facility, if so were firm and car reliable?

regards

Derek

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 1:23 PM by bill Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Not used the link but I always hire via Carjet. Always found their prices good and cars are fairly new.

Bill

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 1:49 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hola,

We (generally, I say because we have used Carjet at times) use the agent called www.doyouspain.com who are very good on price & have all the large car hire companies on their books.

They will also ( if you ask them to, once they've quoted you their CHEAPEST for the time you want ) put you with GoldCar Europa who are, as I understand, the ONLY ones (we use Murcia airport, Costa Blanca but they serve all over) who will allow full/full fuel arrangements. Usually around 2 euros a day more we have found but we often want a hire car for only four days(rather than the usual three days most companies will allow the full/full for) so check THEM out.They do NOT charge IF you cancel at any time either, lots do.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 3:51 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Derjac

I do the same journey as you will be and have used several companies and agree with jeansis's comments. Travelsupermarket.com will show all the dealers by name if that is what you need.

Because of the location of the car hire office's in Malaga airport it can become a bit of a scrum trying to get your car hire sorted especially during the busy and peak times and in this case i use Malagacar.com which takes you offsite as soon as you have your bags. so no mad scrumming and when you return it , just drop the others of with the bags so they can queue, you drive back to the offsite garage, drop it off , get the minibus back ...have a coffee and read the papers in the snack bar whilst the other half is pulling your bags to the front of the check in queue. ( I wish)

Regards

John

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 4:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Derek

I suppose you are referring to the car hire banner on our site above.  The cars for hire through Eye on Spain are managed by CarTrawler.  They have agreements with all the major car hire companies and we chose them due to their comptetiveness and the good feedback we received from other sites that use them.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 5:15 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

FibbyUK wrote in another forum ..

"Just thought I would share this info with you all.

I joined a website called Quidco, which, if you link to a supplier through their site, gives you money back on your purchases.

It works by the advertiser paying Quidco for their advert and every sale they get through the Quidco site, they will pay a commission to Quidco. Quidco, then takes an annual fee of just £5 from your 1st payback and any further paybacks through the year are all paid into your bank account!

Sounds incredible doesn't it, but I tried it and it works.

I done a search for cheap hire cars from Alicante airport and got the cheapest quote. I then went via Quidco, to one of their advertisers, Diesel Cars and got another quote, which was cheaper than the quote I got on my own!

Ok, had the hire care, had the holiday then checked my bank a/c the next month, and sure enough, Deisel Cars had paid their commisiion, which was then paid into my bank a/c via Quidco!

Sounds too good to be true eh?

It's not only hire cars, there are all sorts of suppliers on Quidco site. They do sate that they only pass the commission if they get paid, obviuosly some advertisers abuse this advertising space and don't cough up, but you are only paying the same price as if you had web surfed anyway, getting the payback is a bonus!

Each supplyer offer differing rates, but it saved me money on my hire car!

Have a look

http://www.quidco.com/

And no, I don't work for Quidco, I am a Risk consultant for a major insurer ! "

..........................................................................................

I was looking for hire cars in the above site & there was one called Argus car hire so I asked for a quote for hire car in March from Murcia.. I needed to ask something & I emailed them through their site. I've just had an email from Car Trawler Support Team. Odd that Justin's just written what he has.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 5:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for that Jeansis, I have already posted that info on here, on another thread somewhere...............Justin, we need that search facility!

I will never get my villa status if you keep nicking my posts Janice!

How do you read my mind anyway????

Where we Sisters in another life?!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 7:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Dunno if you were Fibs but I am sure we were! Thats just for Roberto before he gets it in!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where to live on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Property to rent in Estepona - 17 posts
Building permit - 24 posts
Los Granados del Mar - 1 posts
TONIGHT .. C4 A PLACE IN THE SUN, HOME OR AWAY ..LONDON / MARBELLA - 3 posts
Kristina Szekely involved in the Malaya case? - 12 posts
I.V.F. and completion - 5 posts
air conditioning - 3 posts
Healthcare in the UK - 37 posts
Individual Room Sizes - 13 posts
Spanish wills link - 0 posts
furniture for new home - 0 posts
Superbowl - 1 posts
importing furniture from USA - 1 posts
entregolf - 18 posts
Changing Law Firm After Inital 3000e deposit is paid - Difficult? - 2 posts
Solicitors Costs - 5 posts
Hire cars in Spain - saving money - 1 posts
Want to move to Spain - 9 posts
SAY "NO" to 0870 - 1 posts
Is CGT in addition to normal income Tax? - 1 posts
Healthcare Costa del Sol - 9 posts
Bias voting with proxy votes - 16 posts
HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT - 617 posts
Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x