Solicitors Costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by al15 Star rating in Staffordshire. 2 posts Send private message

Hi.

We own in Florida presently and we are looking to buy is Spain.

Just researching the short  term rental market at present and have a few questions.

In the USA our property has to be licensed by the authorities in the relevat County in which our home is located. These records are pubilicly available over the internet. Is this the case in Spain?

There is also a public record of ownership available freely online  through the relevant county records. Is there something similar in Spain?

Many thanks,

Al

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 6:20 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Good question Al. Regarding property ownership the records are freely available at the Town Hall (Ayuntamiento) but I am not sure if you can access on line. The Land Registry does have an online facility but think you have to be a subscriber (lawyer, real estate co. etc) to subscribe so that you can access property details. This record is known as a Nota Simplé - it is a snapshot of bullet points relating to the property. Registration details, property size recorded, legal owner, whether there are any debts or charges secured on the property etc.

This message was last edited by Smiley on 1/23/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 6:40 PM by al15 Star rating in Staffordshire. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for that reply, Smiley.

We have to have a Hotels and Restaurant licence before we can rent out as a short term rental. Our property is inspected before we can get that. Is this the same in Spain?

Any other help or advice from 'others in the know' would be much appreciated!

Al.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 12:13 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Al currently there are no such necessary procedures on the mainland - but and its a big one Watch this Space. I am led to believe that recent regional legislation introduced in Mallorca has led to a similar procedure. To my knowledge and lawyers I have spoken to trying to investigate the Mallorca thing have told me there is nothing on the mainland yet. The Mallorca thing was slipped in under another layer of legislation and I would be surprised if many people know about it there yet. To be honest I think they would struggle policing it in most areas of Spàin as so many rentals here are done amongst families and on an informal basis.  

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 9:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, you have to declare your property before the COnsejeria de Turismo of your Autonomous community to be a legal touristic unit. Fines can be imposd if rented without license.

Also, www.registradores.org has access to not registered people, there is an english version and you can pay by credit card ( on nota simple is around 9 euros).

Best,

M.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 3:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well thats a new one on me - I wonder how many people do?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hire cars in Spain - saving money - 1 posts
Want to move to Spain - 9 posts
SAY "NO" to 0870 - 1 posts
Is CGT in addition to normal income Tax? - 1 posts
Healthcare Costa del Sol - 9 posts
Bias voting with proxy votes - 16 posts
HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT - 617 posts
Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x