Snow at Easter, I need to move.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Pedmac Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Two year ago my wife and i decided we were going to self build in Scotland.

Since then we have seen the light and are going to move to Spain. Funny thing is i was a little nervous about building my own home but i feel relaxed and fine about packing up and moving abroad.

Well after a bad year (weather wise) and the future market values looking to be in my favour i think its time to make a start.

So many things to think about, i feel i am going to be a regular on this site.

picture2.jpeg

Like 0      
24 Mar 2008 7:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Welcome to Eye on Spain! Yes, now is a great time to buy since there are loads of bargains to be had. Good luck with your move to Spain and keep checking the forums. You might also be interested in the articles:

Articles

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 12:15 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
You will enjoy the site Pedmac. Lots of help and a fair bit of fun. Waiting for everything to fall into place in the UK is frustrating but I think you just have to tell yourself that every day is a day closer to the dream.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 7:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Welcome to the forum, hope you find plenty of good info here. I'm not usually one to put a downer on things, but I'm just not so sure now is really the best time. The £ to € rate is not good, and by most accounts, prices are set to fall further. I for one have not seen any really outstanding bargain offers - yet. Judging by the photo in your post, you're a bit of a salty dog, so I would suggest taking a long world cruise, and waiting to see how things pan out in the markets etc.

Good luck with whatever you do, though!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 10:53 PM by Pedmac Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

We are only in the very early stages at the moment and i will be watching prices carefully. I have noticed prices havent started dropping yet but i have my fingers crossed. meanwhile i intend to save, save, save and if the right house comes along at the right time i intend to be ready.

Roberto, a world cruise is not my idea of a holiday though, thats what i do for a living lol.

One thing i have to ask, this is just to confirm my sanity. I intend to still work in Portsmouth and fly to Spain at the weekends & holidays instead of flying to Glasgow every weekend and holiday. Is this something any of you out there do? Or am i mad?  

picture2.jpeg

D32 The most advanced warship in the world & my second home.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 11:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Sounds like a great idea to me. Also sounds like you've got your head firmly screwed on. Good start! Do plenty of research, pick as many brains as possible (here and anywhere else you find), and I'm sure everything will turn out just how you hope. Any idea yet what area you prefer? Flybe have some routes from Southampton which may be handy for you. (I guess the P&O ferry to Bilbao will be too slow for your purposes, and also too much of a busman's holiday?!)

Prices have started dropping without a doubt, but there may be a long way to go yet.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 11:26 PM by Pedmac Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My wife and i agree that the requirements we have set down for our location it should be hotter than Glasgow, less rain, within 1 hour of an airport, we would prefer to be away from the coast and noisy Brits.

I am just about to visit flybe and see where they fly too. Makes sense, and i think that may swing me towards certain areas of Spain.

picture2.jpeg

My other home cost £600,000,000 and the taxman paid for it. 

Like 0      
26 Mar 2008 8:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Pedmac

I like your other "second home".  I don't think you'll find something quite as big in Spain to buy though...

Out of interest, what do you do on board? 

And, if you go to your forum profile, under the forums tab, you can add you singature in there so that it appears every time you post.

Best of luck with it all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Mar 2008 1:43 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Hi Pedmac, If your looking for something inland and are into golf. Polaris World have just posted some substantial discounts on properties at El Torre Murcia.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2008 4:34 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

Hello Pedmac and Welcome to EOS, We are here in Spain, working and enjoing the live in the sun willing to help to the new guiris in Spain, so don´t be shy and ask any questions that you need to know.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2008 5:57 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

For anyone wanting to buy in Spain now is as good a time as any

There are some good deals around both Polaris World and elsewhere

My preference in between Alicante and Almeria where you get excellent value for money

We have bought our winter home near Huercal Overa, Spanish environment but close to good facilities and prices are competitive

2 bed 2 bath villa on 400m2 plots from 170.000 € can't be bad even today !!! or if you like to be on a complex but still inland then  30 mins from Almeria 2 bed apartments start from 99.900 € and 2 bed bungalows from 137.500 €

Prices in Spain now reflect reality and the current EU property market

Like 0      
26 Mar 2008 6:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Flybe from S'otton appear to go to Alicante, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca. That narrows it down a bit then!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Mar 2008 2:11 PM by Tazmore Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Pedmac,  I know Pompey very well spent many years nearby. we are buying inland in a fantastic location , cant wait to get away from coast. Have a look at the Finca Parcs website, if you like countryside it will be a very hard location to beat.  All the Best mate

Like 0      
28 Mar 2008 2:12 PM by Tazmore Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Oh and one more thing, Thompsons fly regular from Bournemouth as well, normally cheaper than Flybe.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2008 3:57 PM by Tazmore Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Sorry I should have introduced myself,  my name is terry and Im purchasing on the las higuericas finca parcs project inland murcia, fantastic location we are really pleased with our choice. I have been around for a while but do not normally step outside of our forum, I noticed a fellow Pompey guy on here and thought i would say hi, I will now go back quietly to the safety of our own forum.  bye guys.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Polaris World - Happy Experiences?!? - 7 posts
1st Post - 5 posts
Sewage odour and attaching health problems - 0 posts
"Staff wanted entertainment bar salou" - 0 posts
Help needed - 12 posts
Spanish language forum - 113 posts
spanish schools - 3 posts
long term rentals in almeria - 0 posts
Mucia car rental closes at 1300hrs help - 4 posts
Newbie - 1 posts
El Soto Phase 2 Prices - 4 posts
Cheaper Utilities in Spain - 0 posts
builder needed!! - 2 posts
new commercial in Rojales - 11 posts
Is anybody from Cox? - 6 posts
Rugs and Kilims - 0 posts
Taxes for the self employed (residents) - 0 posts
Webcam in eclipse? - 4 posts
What has happened to --- - 6 posts
Any alternative to google Earth? - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in the Estepona area? - 5 posts
billy - 1 posts
long rent in Ayamonte - 0 posts
Wanted full or 3/4 size snooker table - 2 posts
New Community - First Meeting - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x