Marbella Property Scandal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by westport Star rating in London & Co.Mayo Ire.... 509 posts Send private message

I just found an article in an Irish newspaper saying that those caught up in the illegally built homes in Marbella can now insure themselves against being demolished.
The insuarance firm is IFG Spain. It offers cover for the cost of replacing their homes in the event of them being knocked down. Hopefully this is of some help to you poor sods caught up in this mess.

Westport

Like 0      
22 Jan 2007 1:08 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2007 1:35 PM by westport Star rating in London & Co.Mayo Ire.... 509 posts Send private message

You should be very careful with your thoughts about Irish people Jeansis.
You may be interested to know that if you click the link below you will find that it is an ENGLISH company that is offering this service. Now who's the stupid one ?

http://www.ifgspain.co.uk/home.aspx

Like 0      
22 Jan 2007 9:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Steady Westport - to be honest I think you need to be really careful - from what I have read about this policy it is not for every property under dispute - from what I have read and this is by no means definite (so forgive me if I am also stupid) they will only cover those properties that look very much as if they will get the licence anyway - tread with extreme caution - there was a product offered in the UK about 6 years ago that protected clients against negative equity for a ten year period - to cut a long story short it was a scam - bit more complex than that but effectively that is what it was. I am not saying this is a scam but it is vital to check that the property one has bought fits all the small print before jumping in with both feet. Anyone considering this should tread with care.

I am part English and part Irish (actually got a bit of Scottish in me too)  and Janice is a valuable contributor - I didnt see the original post so dont know whether things were said tongue in cheek but I know that she has a good sense of humour and if she said something that appeared contentious I am sure it was not intentional -  not the type of person to insult anyone willy nilly (unless they are married or a smoker - unfortunately I am both so come in for a lot of stick)

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Jan 2007 11:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I am married and a smoker just like you Smiley and I hear you have Scotch in you too, I just must get over for a drink with you some day, a man unto mine own heart!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Jan 2007 11:26 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hey babe I prefer whisky with an E -Black Bush is the ideal but anything from the Emerald Isle will do - have been known to partake of a little bit of bootleg in my time too if you get my drift

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 11:09 AM by westport Star rating in London & Co.Mayo Ire.... 509 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley,

I have just read your reply regarding the Marbella insurance policy. Obviously it is down to the individual to read the small print on any document. I thought I would add the link so that anyone who is caught up in this problem could decide for themselves if it was any good. As for the reply  that Jeansis first posted, I am glad she decided to edit it so quickly. I, like you Smiley am half English, half Irish so we share the middle ground here. I know she contributes a lot  to these message boards, and like all of us has a sense of humour, but me personally I  think it was a bit much. I apologise for calling you stupid Jeansis.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 2:20 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Gosh - is someone who is eight french, eighth italian, quarter greek and half english allowed on this forum!!! (JOKE)

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 5:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Westport well done - takes a big man to say sorry - not that it matters to you I am sure, but just gone up a couple of notches in my opinion.

The reason for stressing that people tread with caution is that so often when buying/owning here they dont. I have lost count the times I have said people leave their brain on the plane when buying in Spain. This is an extremely new policy and while I really hope its on the level I think people do need to be urged to read the small print - many many of them dont. These people are possibly at their wits end having been given false promises about selling their investment on for them or it will be front line beach or 500% cap growth and 100% rental yield (am I exaggerating too much) and this suddenly gets thrust at them and many of them will not read the small print nor have it checked out.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x