Roda Golf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
has anyone here played roda golf?
ive had a couple of rounds and think its great.

i am going over in april and looking for tips on other local courses.
which is best etc?

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 2/22/2008.

This message was last edited by arky25 on 2/27/2008.

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 2:26 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

We've played Roda a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Also enjoyed La Torre, although quite tough but very enjoyable, lots of bunkers and some cracking par 3's over huge water, but you have to go for it. My only disappointment was buggies were not allowed on the fairways, so you had to stick to the path and keep walking across with several clubs, wished I'd use a trolley so I could have my clubs beside me. Also, as we were a 2 ball, they paired us up with another 2. This may be because we played on a Saturday, I don't mind but would prefer to be aware they do this at the time I booked.

Also enjoyed playing Mosa Trajectum, course is 3 x 9 hole courses, all quite different and you play 2 of the 3 for your 18 holes. We did 9 holes that was like playing in a desert with cacti and boulders, go off the fairway and you need the luck of the bounce to come back on, and then the other 9 were quite green and meadowy.

We have stayed at the hotel at Valle del Este which looks a lovely course, but not had a chance to play it yet, stayed there while sorting some business out with the house.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 1:18 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Have just returned from Roda and course is playing great even after they hollow tinned the greens a few weeks ago, also played la Torre which I found a bit of a slog with so many large bunkers.

Word around is that Hacienda del Alamo is a good course and owners at Roda can get a discount there. El Valle also has good reputation and good reports of new course near Pilar called Lo Romero who are offering good deals as only recently opened.

La Serena is nearby but has water on sixteen holes so take plenty of balls

Further afield I would recommend La Finca

PS I think Roda's price will increase from April

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 5:50 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
i was going to enter the Murcia Amiga on 12 th april but was told i need a spannish licence.
anyone know how to get one?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 7:07 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
You could try www.clubmurcia.com as mentioned on another thread, they have some useful info both on courses, prices and I think societies and licences.

I think cost is around 60-65 euros per year and you should be able to apply through your local course or golf society.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 7:10 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
cheers.
might be a bit late to organise that.
might just have a couple of friendlies then.
i will try out another course while im there in april though.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:40 AM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

Hi Arky25,

Assuming you have a license and handicap in the UK a professional from one of the clubs would assess your playing and award you a handicap here.

If you dont have a license from the UK you would need to go to some lessons with a club in Spain, probably about 4 and they would award you a beginners handicap and license.

These are my ideas re. different courses you could try, Lo Romero and  Hacienda del Alhamo are good enjoyable courses and if you fancy a bit of a challenge I would recommend Mosa Trajectum.

Enjoy!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 11:58 AM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
cheer for the info.
i do have a handicap of 11 here and my club provide a certificate.
i dont know what you mean by licience though?
i will look at the courses you mentioned  ;-)

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 12:02 PM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

The UK handicap certificate is not recognised in Spain for tournaments. By getting a Spanish Golf Federation (www.golfspainfederacion.com)  license it covers you for insurance on the golf course and allows you to enter competitions and win prizes. with a handicap of 11 you would only need to get a club professional to confirm your handicap and therefore get a license.
Enjoy your trip!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 12:06 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
thanks for that.
so would the pro at roda be able to issue me with a licience you think?
maybe just get a lesson from him first?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 12:17 PM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

They can probably help you with the process, e.g. providing you with an application form and helping you fill it out and send it off.
So yeah, it would be worth getting in contact with the club to see if they offer this service.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 12:23 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
will do - thanks for your help ;-)

Like 0      
22 May 2008 2:03 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
just an update on below.
i went over to roda with handicap cert but was told i would need to confirm it with a pro then aply for spannish liciense which would take around 4 weeks to arrive and cost around 60 euros.
so if you are planning in playing in any comps it is best to do this well in advance ;-)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Update - 0 posts
What has happened to EOS? - 23 posts
Radio 4 - 1 posts
Exchanging properties? - 1 posts
New development. What do people usually do for digital TV - 14 posts
Public Transport - 3 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 6 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 3 posts
rf1798+ rf 1965 - 0 posts
Join in the celebrations for More's 3,000th post party. - 61 posts
CAR RENTAL FOR RENTERS - 0 posts
football clubs for kids? - 7 posts
Project - University of Roehampton - 5 posts
Tour Of Jardines At Condado De Alhama - 2 posts
whats it really like? - 8 posts
working with the elderley in torrevieja - 42 posts
Bilbao or Santander - 4 posts
re - 0 posts
Replacement Shutters - 0 posts
Los montesinos - English speaking doctors? - 4 posts
Sea & Sun Hills, Estepona - 3 posts
What is best Uk taxation or Spanish - 2 posts
help ! any ifo on moving to spain x - 13 posts
Bureaucracy can seriously damage your family ! - 3 posts
Polaris World Nicklaus Trail Offer - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x