George Foreman Grills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi

Its me yet again for once I have some time to email.

I have been reading on the web site about george foreman grills and most people seem to rate them for use instead of a BBQ.However have also read reviews saying the new one with removable plates are pretty useless.The one we are considering is the indoor/outdoor grill ref 10042.does anyone happen to have one  or know of it?

The main complaints about the others seem to be uneven cooking and the lengh of cooking time.

We have an apartment so a normal BBQ is not really suitable

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 12:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

19 Feb 2008 5:39 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

I cant believe you got up all that info - maybe its why you are a superstar and I am not !! Thanks for that it can be my bedtime reading ! 

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:35 PM by SpanishTogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Hi.  I've got a GF and wouldn't bother buying one again. They're fine for draining fat out of things like sausages but other meats I've found don't taste the same.  As for being comparable to BBQ - forget it - doesn't begin to compare in my opinion.  Also, not particularly easy to clean.

Hope that helps decision.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 1:56 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
I've got a George Foreman, and used to use it all the time in Ireland but since moving out here and buying a plancha, my GF just gets used for making toasties!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 4:19 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I prefer the grill and griddle one, can use either one depending on what you are cooking as they have indiviual controls.

I suppose it all depends on how many people you are cooking for to how big a plate you will want to buy.  The above one will cook for up to 4 people.

Gas or charcoal bbq's are good but they take so long to heat up.  A george beats them all the time for quickness and ease of control.  Some meats you may have to marinade to stop it drying out but then I would have thought that would also happen on a BBQ.

I think they are easy to clean but I suppose that comes with years of use.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 4:36 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Can you tell me what  a "plancha"  is and is it suitable to use outside instead of a normal BBQ ?

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 4:44 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
A plancha is a type of hot plate used for cooking meat, fish, veg etc. It's electric and you can use it inside or out (well I do anyway!). You just put a bit of oil on it and cook away :)

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 10:58 PM by Jock & Elaine Star rating in Falkirk & nearly Dre.... 29 posts Send private message

Jock & Elaine´s avatar

We use our GF for cooking most of our grub.  Only issue I had was regarding the cleaning and was thinking about getting the new one with removable plates...however they have designed a new wee scourer thingymabob that has grooves in it to assist with the cleaning.  We scrapped the idea of the removable plates and bought them instead. 

As for versus BBQ, I don't think you can beat the taste you get when food is BBQ'd, but I know this doesn't help any coz it's the practicality for your apartment your after. 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 11:02 PM by Jock & Elaine Star rating in Falkirk & nearly Dre.... 29 posts Send private message

Jock & Elaine´s avatar

Also I just noticed item 10043 the BBQ stand.  Cool.  You could get that too and it would be just like the real thing.

Sorry about all the pictures, but it's More's fault she taught me how to do it.  lol  x

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 6:17 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi J &E

Where can we get the GF scrubbers?  We also use ours loads but the cleaning is a real trial.

jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 6:25 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

TIP!

Our previous Foreman was ruined with cleaning. After removing the food we lay a damp cloth to cover the surface and close the lid. After a few minutes the damp cloth has softened the residue on the pan surface sufficiently to wipe easily. If we leave it too long we just warm up again with cloth in for 30 seconds and hey presto - a clean grill! Worth a try!

This message was last edited by lifeline on 2/22/2008.

Daveil

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 6:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Jane  HERE   &   HERE TOO

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 9:19 PM by Jock & Elaine Star rating in Falkirk & nearly Dre.... 29 posts Send private message

Jock & Elaine´s avatar

Jane,

You can also pick them up in your local comet or curries, they are noramally just lying out next to the GF grills.

I think I might give the wet cloth thing a try too, sounds like a plan!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 9:27 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Thanks to everyone.  I think I will try the wet cloth thing as we don't have too many Currys (well, not the shop sort) in Almeria!

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 1:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We haven't got a George !  On the other hand I don't have to clean it.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 1:11 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Oh, poor More.  I would hate you to feel deprived.  If you come and visit I will let you clean mine!

love

Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 2:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've chosen our room then, Jane,  & I'll pack my  

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 2:28 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Good choice, More. North and East facing windows so nice and cool in summer.  Next to dining room so just a short stagger for siesta and ground floor so close to pool for skinny dipping.  HUGE walk-in closet so you can bring all your clothes, walk-in shower, but best of all, his'n'hers vanity.   Us girls know just how important THAT is!

Thanks for the memory, Cliff.

Hasta luego

Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 2:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jane, your B&B site says it's for (usually) adults only  but it says NO SKINNY DIPPING, here's the proof.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Padron" what is it - 32 posts
Our pets - 28 posts
Replacement shutters - 0 posts
Handing back property to the bank - 4 posts
Am i allowed to recomend trades men on this site? Air Con Company? - 5 posts
New kids on the block - 14 posts
Happy Spanish experiences - 0 posts
Valencian land grab - 0 posts
Col - 1 posts
ArranLeeSmith(lorrainebraid)secret snaps! - 0 posts
Hello Everyone - 1 posts
RANGE ROVER VOGUE 2005 4.4 V8 WHITE MINT CONDITION - 5 posts
PMs - An apology - 2 posts
Corrugated plastic roofing panels - 2 posts
Another bit of fun ( ? ) - 9 posts
Bankrupt constructor in Murcia - 1 posts
Urb.St.Louis. - 9 posts
Spanish Law. - 1 posts
So near yet so far - 4 posts
Newcomer - 9 posts
Headlights on English car - 1 posts
Motor trade contacts - 1 posts
Doggy Dilemma - 10 posts
Bereaved? - 28 posts
Hard Water Area - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x