Bristol airport charging for trolleys !!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just seen this 10:40am  19 January 2008 It's totally wrong. NONREFUNDABLE ? I'll be carrying my cases in future. However it's hard on older or infirm people or families.

However, as we're not encouraged to take them back ( to get the coin back) I'd be happy to hand mine to someone, for a £1 coin, of course !!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144913&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231190&home=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=19600067

Passengers picking up luggage from the carousel at Bristol International Airport now have to pay £1 to use a trolley.

As they come through into the baggage collection area at the airport, flyers face either paying £1 or two euros for a trolley, or lugging their suitcases through arrivals by hand.

The airport has installed special vending machines for passengers to get the trolleys from.

When the Evening Post checked with five other rival regional airports - Birmingham, East Midlands, Exeter, Cardiff and Southampton - none of them charged passengers to use trolleys.

One passenger who came into the airport from Alicante in Spain this week with her disabled husband ended up lugging their suitcase to her car.

The woman from Pill, who asked not to be named, said: "We have never had a problem at the airport before, but I was fuming when we arrived and I saw we had to pay a pound for a trolley.

"I told the staff I thought it was disgusting.

"Once you have paid for your flight, the least you expect is to have a trolley to take your luggage to your car."

Airport spokesman James Gore said: "From this week, new luggage trolleys have been available from vending machines at 10 locations around Bristol International Airport, at a cost of £1 or two euros.

"The move reflects the changing requirements of travellers, with the popularity of wheeled suitcases reducing the demand for luggage trolleys. The proximity of the airport's car parks to the terminal building, and the provision of a free bus service around the site, also makes trolleys redundant for the majority of passengers.

"The new service will ensure that high quality modern trolleys are available at minimal cost for those who require them."

Unlike some supermarkets and chain stores which charge for using trolleys, the cash was not refundable by putting a key into a lock in the handle, he said.

Locations where the trolley vending machines can be found include inside the arrivals lounge and in the car parks.

Mr Gore said: "Charging for the use of trolleys is not expected to generate additional revenue for the airport, but will enable us to provide a better service to the small minority of customers who use them. Our stock of old trolleys has been replaced with all-new versions, the trolley stock will be better managed, with a team of people dedicated to ensuring vending points are well stocked at all times."

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/19/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Embalse De La Vinuela, The Dream Nightmares Are Made Of. - 1 posts
RENTAL - 1 posts
moving in march do i bring cot and high chair or get new - 4 posts
Downturn in price - 57 posts
Torremendo (near San Miguel de Salinas/Torrevieja - Alicante) - Rubbish Dump - 2 posts
selling your property - 2 posts
my property - 1 posts
Ikea Malaga - 4 posts
For Justin re "selling your property" board - 0 posts
Off Plan La Recolletta - 6 posts
nuerva ribera beach club - 1 posts
Estudia Espana... cheap Spanish courses? - 5 posts
Easyjet BRILLIANT deal - 7 posts
ray and marilyn - 1 posts
Free business cards for your property - 7 posts
First occupation licence - 162 posts
Sold your spanish property and need to get the funds back to the Uk? - 1 posts
Sold Spanish property? Need to get the funds home? Try HiFX - 2 posts
Trackday on 1st of Feb - 3 posts
mobile internet. - 28 posts
Hello from Gillespie - 20 posts
Living in Spain TV - 19 posts
Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x