Estudia Espana... cheap Spanish courses?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Tony_Zee Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi...

Im was about to book an 8 week Spanish course in Valencia. Then, thanks to a thread on another forum, I came across "Estudia Espana". As far as I can tell, they represent schools in Spain but offer discounts on the schools prices. Thing is, I can get a bigger discount (250 EUR!) if I take up their special offer for Barcelona at the moment. Now, do I want to go to Barcelona or should I stick with Valencia? Cost is a factor unfortunately but dont want to feel Im missing out by not going to Valencia.

Any tips? :)

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 7:39 PM by HiSpain Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

HiSpain´s avatar
These are my own experiences and understanding -- When I first started learning Spanish, I got myself a tutor. There were 3 of us, including myself being taught by a 56-year-old lady tutor who spoke 6 languages :) Eventually, I started taking part-time lessons at the local college (evening lessons and on weekends) before now learning online and through conversations with others. Learning Spanish, just like any other language, is about the experience -- about "living" the language (sort of like living football in England). You learn it better when you understand the culture behind it, and when you interact regularly with people who speak the language. It's a lifelong thing; take it one step at a time (like I am).

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 8:22 AM by Profesoradeespañol Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hello HiSpain,

I think the same as you. You have to understand the culture to learn a language. But it takes time, and even if you spend lots of years staying in Spain you realise that you will never have the same associations than Spaniards, but if you come as a child.

Goodbye

Like 0      
16 Jan 2015 12:06 PM by 5to5 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi. Saw this was an old message and it may have been 'spamming' at the time but I decided to have a look and decided it's worth another mention. The Estudia Esp firm still offers Spanish courses and it's possible to book the courses at a discount on the schools prices. Im off to Enforex in Malaga for 4 weeks in March and saved 10% on the course price. Has anyone been on an Enforex course by the way? Im 25 but hoping I won't be the oldest person there! I've heard in summer the average age is really young, thats why I've gone for March!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 3:30 PM by JMZV Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi I booked my spanish course with Cactus Language  - 4 weeks, 20 hours per week. They were very helpful and had a range of courses for different budgets plus they could find me a school with a timetable that fitted in around my working hours. I really need to do another course soon - and I'll use them again. They seem to be able to find exactly what I want for the right price and saves me shopping around. JMZ

Like 1      
23 Jun 2015 3:44 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

I'd recommend Cactus language too (at least the in-school lessons).

Instituto Cervantes can be a lot more hit and miss. They have very good teachers and very bad ones, and everything is much more formal. But their online remote learning courses are terrible (and very expensive for what they are).

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet BRILLIANT deal - 7 posts
ray and marilyn - 1 posts
Free business cards for your property - 7 posts
First occupation licence - 162 posts
Sold your spanish property and need to get the funds back to the Uk? - 1 posts
Sold Spanish property? Need to get the funds home? Try HiFX - 2 posts
Trackday on 1st of Feb - 3 posts
mobile internet. - 28 posts
Hello from Gillespie - 20 posts
Living in Spain TV - 19 posts
Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts
buying property - 10 posts
notice required for 1st meeting - 5 posts
Property refurbishment - advice - 5 posts
Spanish Destinations - 4 posts
photos - 5 posts
Commercials on site?? - 7 posts
Polaris World shower cubicles - 0 posts
Tax loophole Bi-cell - 12 posts
driving to spain - 0 posts
Snagging Inspections - 3 posts
Snagging inspections - 5 posts
Snagging Inspections - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x