Off Plan La Recolletta

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by mooney Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I am seeking avice on what to do, due to extreme changes in circumstances we are not able to complete on the purchase of a 2 bedroom appartment at Senorio de Punta Prima, Costa Blanca South.

We have paid our intial 30% deposit in October 05 and we are due to complete at the end of February, however as mentioned above we do not feel able to complete.

I am asking for any advice anyone might have on the forum , Parador were the agents and despite e mailing them on 3 ocasions since the 31st December 07 we have received no replies.

I have today drafted a letter to them which I will post today.

Help please

Pete and Di moon

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Pete and Di

Many have asked same on forum. As you have just changed your mind regarding your purchase you'll forfeit the 30%, as far as I recall. You signed a legally binding contract to purchase. Think you'll wait till the cows come home before Parador answer. Sorry. To be certain contact Maria de Castro who is a lawyer who advises us on EOS.

Here's her details:

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 11:55 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Pete And Di check your contract to see if you can sell it on before completion,if so get an agent to sell for you as parador wont bother as they have had there commision,you can ask Georgia on this forum he will be able to advice you (a proper agent) you may lose a bit but it will be better than losing you 30%.Pat.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 3:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Good advice too, Pat, though Pete & Di said they're expected to complete at the end of February. They need urgent expert advice.

Please contact Maria.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 4:01 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi more thanks we are here to try and help.more is right on getting expert help Pete and Di as time is short.you may also cut a deal with the builder (some do some dont) but do get some expert advice fast.then you will know which is the best option for you.Pat

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 9:51 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Mooney,

Unfortunately you may not have a lot in your favour at the moment.

The chances of Parador taking an interest in selling it on are slim and in all honesty the chances of any agent moving are also slim with the market how it is.

The best advice i could give you is communicate as much as possible,try Parador to see if you can get any joy out of them but most importantly get in touch with a lawyer here,let them see the contract and they will tell you your options,i have known builders in the past push back payment by 2,3 or even 6 months so you may be able to try this.

If you need the number of a good lawyer in that area pm me and i will give you the number of my Abogado,he is the best i have ever used and will give you a blunt and honest answer.

In this case speed is of the essence,you need to review your options and make a decision,get the best advice and then you can make an educated decision.

Hope this helps

Georgia

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 3:57 PM by Paddy22 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

You should get your lawyer to talk directly to the developer and try to get you the best deal possible to exit the contract. Forget about the agent - they will not be helpful to you at this stage. If you dont have a local lawyer get one fast.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

nuerva ribera beach club - 1 posts
Estudia Espana... cheap Spanish courses? - 5 posts
Easyjet BRILLIANT deal - 7 posts
ray and marilyn - 1 posts
Free business cards for your property - 7 posts
First occupation licence - 162 posts
Sold your spanish property and need to get the funds back to the Uk? - 1 posts
Sold Spanish property? Need to get the funds home? Try HiFX - 2 posts
Trackday on 1st of Feb - 3 posts
mobile internet. - 28 posts
Hello from Gillespie - 20 posts
Living in Spain TV - 19 posts
Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts
buying property - 10 posts
notice required for 1st meeting - 5 posts
Property refurbishment - advice - 5 posts
Spanish Destinations - 4 posts
photos - 5 posts
Commercials on site?? - 7 posts
Polaris World shower cubicles - 0 posts
Tax loophole Bi-cell - 12 posts
driving to spain - 0 posts
Snagging Inspections - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x