Car Hire - Mandatory Accessories

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2007 7:38 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've hired cars from varied companies so thought I'd compile a list of what comes with each and fuel policy.

I've never booked direct with them and lately I have been using Doyouspain as the broker.  Mimum stay one week, normally stay 2 weeks, 3 weeks max.

Centauro - one jacket in car and triangles in boot.  Operate full/full fuel policy and no pressure to buy top up insurance for tyres, windows, keys etc.

Auriga (Crown) - one jacket and triangles and told full/full but on return found I could returned if I'd filled up tank.

Europa (Gold) - no jacket didn't look for triangles so they could have been in boot.  16e for extra insurance and return car empty.

Before this I used Record (booked using the Emailcarhire their budget booking site) - no jacket or triangles, heavy daily charge for extra insurance but if you refuse it they normally reduce this to 1.50 a day maximum payment is 21e.  Fuel policy no payment up front and you bring it back with the same amount.  Check the fuel guage before you leave garage as it might be less than they state on rental agreement. 

I used them for a couple of years but made the mistake of booking a KA, when collecting car (picanto) I found it didn't have a facia on the stereo system.  For this I had to pay a deposit of 300e.  This was the last time I used them.

All cars from Alicante as I rarely use San Javier.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Almoradi - 7 posts
hola - 1 posts
CAR HIRE - 112 posts
cheap flights - 0 posts
Anyone in Manilva - and you Justin! - 11 posts
Renovating - 0 posts
Non Completion and Furniture Pack Rights - 1 posts
Xmas dinner - 76 posts
Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts
THE FONDUE LOUNGE - 4 posts
Help for Completion Please - 24 posts
Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x