Cleaning

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2016 1:54 PM by Cyocat Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi - can anyone shed any light for me please - I've employed a cleaner at 12E an hour. She'd quoted 2-3 hours to clean my 3 bed town house plus laundry. I left 60e thinking wd b enough and went home - she has emailed me saying it took 8.5 hours....thoughts please??

Like 0      
01 Apr 2016 1:59 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Your clean probably wasnt her clean 

Dirty B#GG##

Love Hugh

Like 2      
01 Apr 2016 4:58 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

She's obviously taking the proverbial. If she quoted 2 -3 hours at 12 euros per hour thats 36 euros max. As you left her 60 euros tell her to get stuffed.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2016 8:33 PM by Weescottie Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

12 euros a lot...our highly skilled builders take 10 and bust a gut to earn it

Like 0      
01 Apr 2016 9:07 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Hi ,

I look after a 3 bed 2 storey house in Granada that sleeps 7/8 and I charge €90 per change over. that includes all washing of linen and ironing which I do at my home and then return when the next guest arrives. Normal time for cleaning is 3 hours but if exceptionally dirty then 4.5 hours plus the 3 / 4 loads of laundry and 1.5 hours ironing , so probably am average of 6 / 7 hours all told. Owner has a lot of back to back bookings and allows 6 hours  for cleaning etc which is more than enough so unless your cleanere was doing a deep clean then 8.5 hours is excessive.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
01 Apr 2016 9:30 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Also depends on how many sets of bedding you have. My owner has 2 / 3 for each bed which means that I can take linen awayto launder in my own time, but if you rely on just 1 set for each bed then the extra hours are justifiable as you would need that time to dry , iron and then place back on the bed.

Also I have been told by Spanish friends that I am too cheap as a Spanish person would charge at least €120 for what I supply.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2016 9:48 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

If she looked at the job and said its 2/3 hours then says it took her 8 that's her problem tell her to do one. Ask her for a receipt for your tax purposes, see what she says then.

Like 1      
02 Apr 2016 8:47 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

There are a few things here that just don't make any sense first of all €36 to clean a 3 bed townhouse, including laundry is ridiculously cheap and I think that both you and the service provider have benn a litte niave, I vcertainly would never quote or accept a price based on the number of hours, it is an open cheque book

Includimg linen, if your are ironing the sheets 6-7 hours is about correct, you cannot dry the linen any sooner, also the price should reflect if the linen is being taken away or washed in the owners premises

Cyocat what you have not said is if the person wants paying for the additional 8 hours or if they have just accepted the €60, which again is cheap for that service, but if they quoted a price based on 2-3 hours that's the price

Next what is the level of clean that you requested, basic, inside and out, including windows, oven etc, is there anybody there to check the work

Next question, is this person somebody you know, have you seen their work, are you happy with what they have done and of course do they have the keys to your property

Finally of they are working legally there is the small matter of the 21% IVA

I believe that given the basic posting that your question is unfair and that you need to be more careful when you select a service provider

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I need good quality legal advice - 4 posts
Route Stop-over - 0 posts
CREMATION COSTS - 15 posts
Mobile roadside speed detection. - 7 posts
WANTED TO RENT UNFURNISHED VILLA/CORTIJO - 0 posts
Pool builder wanted in Murcia - 2 posts
Free healthcare in Spain? - 7 posts
Pregnant- worried about food hygiene in Seville- advice plz - 9 posts
Leak in apartment - 26 posts
Olvera - 1 posts
Employment Advice - 5 posts
RECORD GO car hire, Alicante Airport - 30 posts
Where to buy electrical goods ..... - 4 posts
Transfers to Spain - 0 posts
Congratulations to Costaluz Lawyers - 12 posts
Spanish Hairdreser - 0 posts
Fuster & Associates Recommendation - 1 posts
Camposol - 5 posts
New UK Pensions - 18 posts
PRIVATE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN TORREVIEJA - 0 posts
Ryanair ‘Asks Britons For £6,000 To Fly Home From Terror-Hit Brussels’ - 2 posts
£167bn now - 57 posts
Retired couple moving to Spain - 5 posts
Speed cameras in a gated community - 8 posts
VPN - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x