Forum posts order

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar

Is there any way to change the order of the posts, call me old fashoned but I like to read the oldest first.

Thanks!

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 4:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Apparently forum members voted on this way of ordering the posts some time back. I found/ still find it awkward when reading, but have to respect the majority i suppose. It would be good though if users could have the choice which way to view.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 5:55 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Im with you guys ... cant get used to trying to find the start of the conversation ....

I am like Roberto ... a bear with a very small brain ... and mines hurts a lot!

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 6:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Surely reading and scrolling from top to bottom is the norm? After all, how do people read magazines and books? Also books in the Western World are read from left to right. Both of these are ar*e about face on this forum, but it's only the one forum I have to get used to I suppose.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 4:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I've just been caught out!!! Some of the older threads (May '07 and before) I have been reading have ordering first post at top, subsequent posts underneath. Just wondering why some are one way and some the other?

Mark

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 4:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Have you got an australian computer?????

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You think YOU'VE got problems, Mark. I've got water gushing out of two overflows.  Cannot turn water off.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Have you got a water meter?There is an isolating tap in the hole with the meter usually. Alternatively there may be a stop tap under the sink in the kitchen?

Mark

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We are not metered if that's the water meter you mean. We want water switched off to upstairs toilet & that should be stop cock that's seized in garage. (We have stop cocks all over but need one to stop water to bathroom.) Thanks though, Mark. 

Guess attic has one, we switch water off in attic for power shower. Brain engaging...........

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/3/2007.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have several valves for upstairs in the airing cupboard. Our shower waste pipe broke and leaked all through the ceiling last week. I know what sort of panic must be going on in your place at the moment!!

Mark

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Message ordering is one of the improvements coming this week.  I think we could have it up and running (as a first stage) by tomorrow.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

03 Sep 2007 6:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
& what about being able to delete our PMs & get these sorted, Justin ? I've hundreds.  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 12:46 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I've had people on the phone all day today and this evening is the first few hours I've actually had to do any proper work.

Anyway, I've made live the facility where you can choose the sorting order of the posts.  There is a link at the top of evey thread if you just want to sort it for that thread.

If you want to change the sorting order on a permanent basis then click the "Forum profile" link in the menu above and you now have the option to set the sorting order.

It's not perfect, there's still a bit to do with it but it's a start.  At the moment this is only on the general forum and not on the development forums.

Best get some sleep now.

Justin

P.S.  morerosado, the pm stuff will be done this week too...promise!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 1:02 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I must admit I prefer to read the messages as I do now, just used to it I guess. But to have the option to change it will please many, I realise.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 8:36 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's better thanks Justin. Call me awkward but.......

When the notification email arrives for the next post in a thread, can it include the position of the new post?  (i.e Instead of http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPostsAsc.aspx?thread=1917&dev=FB11&name=General%20chit%20chat.aspx which will show page 1, it shows http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPostsAsc.aspx?thread=1917&dev=FB11&name=General+chit+chat.aspx ) the last page. I know this is probably why the forum was ordered the other way, but other forums usually only link to the last post and not the entire page. (I think I know what I mean ).

Mark

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 8:39 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Mark

Yes, there's quite a lot of work required for that functionality but we are working on it.  That's why today's mods are just the begining.  I think in about a week's time it will all be complete, including the changes that you are asking for.

Justin

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 8:50 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's great, thanks .

Mark

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 2:38 PM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar
Many thanks Justin and the team

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Speaking Spanish - 4 posts
advice on snagging an apartment - 3 posts
Torrox pueblo - 3 posts
Toll fees - 6 posts
maur/ger : currency exchange?????????????? - 2 posts
19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS - 24 posts
Jet 2 Contact email anyone? - 9 posts
Reliable Rental Agencies - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
UNITED GOLF RESORT LE TERECIA, MURCIA - 4 posts
BEST BANKING IN SPAIN - 1 posts
don juan carvajal - fuengirola - 1 posts
THANK U SMILEY!! - 7 posts
Fantastic learning site .. you GOTTA look, can't explain it briefly. - 0 posts
Mosquito repellants suitable for infants - 5 posts
Looking for furniture - 0 posts
Reserving an apartment off plan in Monte Aledo - 0 posts
Music? - 4 posts
Looking for furniture - 2 posts
Survival Guide from Summer Visitors. - 18 posts
Bringing a dog from France. - 6 posts
Arthritis Support Groups - 5 posts
EOS "Elping our Salvation" Thread - 7 posts
Arcos de la frontera - 1 posts
Hello, hoping you're all friendly! - 18 posts
´Hi it´s me!!!! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x