Pay as you go broadband

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2014 4:01 PM by Spanner64 Star rating in Peterborough/Daya Nu.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi - can anyone let me know what is the cheapest way to get broadband on Costa blanca.  We have a holiday home so don't want to pay a monthly fee but just have broadband when we on holiday.  I heard of one that you can just have it switched on when you are there, does any know about these or anything similar.  Any info would be helpful, many thanks .

This message was last edited by Spanner64 on 05/10/2014.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2014 4:22 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

You could either get a PAYG dongle or set up an account with a company that allows you to switch it off when you aren't there.

The dongle means you just pay for what you use and companies like Vodafone do them. The big Carrefour shops and individual shops do them. You are limited to the amount you can download so it depends what you use them for.

The companies, like dvblab, Ole, Teleast and so on will set up a very small (about 6 inches across) dish for you plus the cabling and router/wifi for about 100 euros. There is then a monthly contract of about 18 to 20 euros which gives you unlimited downloads. You email them when you are going to be away and they turn it off, email them when you are coming back and they switch it back on. No charge when you are not there.

Downside is that they only do full months so if you are there for 2 weeks you pay the full month. I don't know which of these companies cover your area, you'd have to contact them and see (all have websites). We use dvblab which also gives us a landline phone but we are here permanently. I know if you are with dvblab and are here for, say, the last week in one month and the first two in the second, they will only charge one month rental whereas others would charge for 2 months so you would need to check that out.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2014 1:09 PM by casaMe Star rating in Amsterdam. 2 posts Send private message

casaMe´s avatar

Hi all,

We have the same luxury problem ;-) but i think i found a solution for our situation. It's called a MiFi station. Pop in a sim card and you have your own WiFi set. When buying a dongle you have to put it in a computer and that's it. When using a MiFi station 5 to 10 people can be on line with computer, tablet or smartphone. Sim cards can be bought via Lebara, Carrefour, Vodafone and so on. Look for a prepay card for an amound of data to use and you're not stuck to a monthly fee if you're not there. Before next month this will be my thing to do.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2014 1:25 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

We use this company   http://www.nextcomunicaciones.com/en/productos.html#products_6         Look at the Next Vacation pack - you only pay 3 euros a month when you are away.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Airports - Theme Parks - Now Motorways. - 5 posts
At the point of giving up. - 3 posts
GP IN LOS ALCAZARES? - 5 posts
login problem - 1 posts
Interesting discussions on Law 57/68 - 1 posts
Noisy neighbours - 3 posts
Best beach in murcia - 3 posts
Internet - 0 posts
Catastro, how accurate is it, does it matter? - 2 posts
Electricity in Spain - 6 posts
Passport renewal - 12 posts
Hi, Louise here. Moving to Murcia with mum and kids before Xmas. Would like as much advise as possible. - 10 posts
Trouble sending an enquiry about long term rentals - 6 posts
Reform Respect and upholding the rule of law - 3 posts
Travel: AVE train from Alicante to Madrid - 9 posts
Agency seems to have stolen 900 euros of my money - help/ advice needed!!! - 2 posts
They changed the law overnight and are fining people- that HAS to be illegal right? - 6 posts
Surcharge or Admin Costs? - 3 posts
Raining in murcia ? - 13 posts
Bye bye Ruiz-Gallardon - 2 posts
12 dodgy Spanish menu translations (all genuine!!) - 3 posts
TRAVEL COT AND HIGH CHAIR UP FOR GRABS - 5 posts
Would i get a spanish mortgage - 6 posts
Sax - 0 posts
Corvera golf - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x