Travel: AVE train from Alicante to Madrid

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Sep 2014 9:00 AM by Limerick Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how to buy tickets on line for the AVE train from Alicante to Madrid? I downloaded the Renfe app but I still can't book tickets on it & I've also emailed Renfe but I got no reply. I read on line that you can get 60% off when four people are travelling. Is that correct?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 9:08 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Here is a link to a page in English explaining what you have to do to use the app

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/movilidad/renfeticket/index.html

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 9:52 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

If the app is giving you trouble, you can just book online on the Renfe website. Key in your journey and dates and time, it should give you available trains and ticket prices. Book Preferente Class for comfort and service.

I recently booked Euromed from Barcelona to Alicante online, took a little working out as you need passport numbers as well as credit card to pay. Senior citizen discount railcards can be bought from train Stations, not sure about group discounts.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 1:10 PM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

The discount for 4 is a mesa ticket.  Basically 4 seats face to face with a table in the middle.  I tend to book my train tickets online and haven't had any problems although sometimes the train I want and know exists doesn't appear online so I search for the next station along the line book to there and get off at the station before.  Have had to do that a couple of times now.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 2:35 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

You can also use this Website to Book AVE Tickets.

https://loco2.com/

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 10:37 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Looks a useful site but prices appear to be higher than equivalent on Renfe site which can be changed to English language for ease of use.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2014 11:46 AM by Limerick Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the comments😀😀

Like 0      
29 Sep 2014 10:48 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I like the RENFE website for booking. It's easy to book trains using it and I like the airline style seat maps where you can chose your seat. Unfortunately, in terms of timetable enquiries its less useful as it treats long distance, Cercanias and some Regional lines as separate entities so if you need to change between these, or if different types of service connect the same city pairs (for example Alicante to Murcia), you need to make separate enquiries. It can also be a bit dim witted when you need to change trains and often fails to show all connections.

As an alternative to the website, major stations there are also ticket machines where you can buy tickets. Quite a lot of travel agancies also sell RENFE tickets.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2014 10:44 AM by Spanishtogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

We booked Callosa to Madrid - thinking it would be cheaper, we bought senior railcards first (around €5 each) but when we went to book online it was cheaper to buy tourist rate and not use the cards.  Hope this may help someone..

Like 0      
01 Oct 2014 3:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Spanishtogs,

I may be wrong, but perhaps you are not comparing like with like.  I've used my senior railcard a few times but to book "preferente" - you get to use the "departure lounge" with complimentary snacks and get a meal on the train, with a better seat etc and the price difference is not much at all.  The tourist class is "no frills".

The standard discount using your card is about 30% - but they also have promotions on these fairs which causes confusion and sometimes the senior railcard discount is less than others.  But it is a marvellous sevice - heavily subsidised by the Spanish govt apparently.

Like Amogles I often use a local travel agent to book longer journeys - it's worth the 5€ fee.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agency seems to have stolen 900 euros of my money - help/ advice needed!!! - 2 posts
They changed the law overnight and are fining people- that HAS to be illegal right? - 6 posts
Surcharge or Admin Costs? - 3 posts
Raining in murcia ? - 13 posts
Bye bye Ruiz-Gallardon - 2 posts
12 dodgy Spanish menu translations (all genuine!!) - 3 posts
TRAVEL COT AND HIGH CHAIR UP FOR GRABS - 5 posts
Would i get a spanish mortgage - 6 posts
Sax - 0 posts
Corvera golf - 0 posts
Murcia Airport transfer - 0 posts
Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares - 9 posts
Is it Legal to pay For works done in the community without a proper invoice being presented? - 17 posts
BORED ! - 16 posts
The whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman last seen in Torrevieja and Javea. - 0 posts
Weather - 4 posts
Moving from the UK - 2 posts
House rental contracts - 5 posts
cheaper to both go autonomo or for me to employ my wife - 0 posts
Looink for most reliable wifi ni cordoba - 0 posts
GRANADA CHRISTMAS MARKET - 0 posts
Illegal European Enforcement orders - 9 posts
question re. healthcare and current medical issue. help needed - 8 posts
Hidralia - calling the helpline to set up payments - 6 posts
Endesa - billing cycle - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x