Noisy neighbours

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Oct 2014 7:15 PM by gillie002 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I have very noisy neighbours, is there anything I can do here in Spain? She is a music teacher, and although I can stand the grand piano, she insists on teaching children singing using an amplifier. I have politely requested that she closes the patio door which helps, but she ignores my requests. It's driving me crazy and ruining my life here in Casares

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 11:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maybe you should check she has a licence to do this? Would she require one? Most people seem to do just as they want, regardless.

Like 1      
03 Oct 2014 8:55 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

If you live on an urbanisation here is the law that applies.

Section 7 (2) of the HPA provides:

The owner and the occupant of the flat or premises shall not carry out in such flat or premises, or in the rest of the building, any activities which are not permitted by the Articles , or which may cause damage to the estate or contravene the general regulations concerning nuisance, unhealthy, noxious, hazardous or unlawful activities.

The president of the commonhold association, on his own initiative or at the request of any owner or occupant shall request the immediate ceasing of any of the activities banned by this section under warning of appropriate court action.

If the offender persists in his/her conduct, the president, subject to the authority of the Owner’s Committee, duly convened for this purpose, may undertake a court injunction procedure, which, insofar as not expressly provided for in this section, shall be handled by ordinary procedure. 
Once the action is brought, along with the accreditation of formal notification to the offender and the certification of the resolution adopted by the Owners’ Committee, the court may order as a precautionary measure the immediate cessation of the prohibited activity, under admonition of incurring an offence of contempt. 
Furthermore, the judge may adopt any provisional measures necessary to ensure the cessation order. The action must be brought against the proprietor and, if fitting, against the occupant. 

If the judgement were for the claimant, it may decree, besides definitive cessation of the prohibited activity and the awarding of damages as may correspond, the forfeiting of the defendant’s right to use the flat or premises for no more than three years, depending on the seriousness of the infringement and mischief caused to the commonhold. If the infringer were not the owner, the judgement may definitely terminate the offender’s rights to the flat or premises and order his immediate eviction.

Like 3      
10 Oct 2014 4:03 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best beach in murcia - 3 posts
Internet - 0 posts
Catastro, how accurate is it, does it matter? - 2 posts
Electricity in Spain - 6 posts
Passport renewal - 12 posts
Hi, Louise here. Moving to Murcia with mum and kids before Xmas. Would like as much advise as possible. - 10 posts
Trouble sending an enquiry about long term rentals - 6 posts
Reform Respect and upholding the rule of law - 3 posts
Travel: AVE train from Alicante to Madrid - 9 posts
Agency seems to have stolen 900 euros of my money - help/ advice needed!!! - 2 posts
They changed the law overnight and are fining people- that HAS to be illegal right? - 6 posts
Surcharge or Admin Costs? - 3 posts
Raining in murcia ? - 13 posts
Bye bye Ruiz-Gallardon - 2 posts
12 dodgy Spanish menu translations (all genuine!!) - 3 posts
TRAVEL COT AND HIGH CHAIR UP FOR GRABS - 5 posts
Would i get a spanish mortgage - 6 posts
Sax - 0 posts
Corvera golf - 0 posts
Murcia Airport transfer - 0 posts
Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares - 9 posts
Is it Legal to pay For works done in the community without a proper invoice being presented? - 17 posts
BORED ! - 16 posts
The whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman last seen in Torrevieja and Javea. - 0 posts
Weather - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x