Catastro, how accurate is it, does it matter?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2014 10:07 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I have been poring over the online catastro data of my area and found a number of discrepancies between the catastro maps and reality. Many houses in the area have extensions that are not marked in the catastro. There are also buildings marked there that were in reality torn down years ago. Does this mean these changes were made illegally? Or is catastro just slow in staying up to date? I've also noticed that the plot boundaries do not match reality. And even some of the buildings appear to be in the wrong places. The house of my neighbour across the road is in reality aligned exactly with mine, but according to catastro it should be offset by about a metre. Also, there is a narrow passageway between my house and my next door neighbour's. It's not much, you need to squeeze to get through. But the way the boundaries are set up, this narrow strip is mine, but the catastro splits it down the middle.

How accurate are catastro maps supposed to be?

Just out of interest.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2014 11:13 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

They should be updated every 10 years. They've just done our area and it's the first time since 1990 so rather longer.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2014 3:37 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I just found this informative link.... in English!

http://www.catastro.meh.es/documentos/publicaciones/ct/ct48/11catastroingles48.pdf

Hapy to answer any question/s...

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity in Spain - 6 posts
Passport renewal - 12 posts
Hi, Louise here. Moving to Murcia with mum and kids before Xmas. Would like as much advise as possible. - 10 posts
Trouble sending an enquiry about long term rentals - 6 posts
Reform Respect and upholding the rule of law - 3 posts
Travel: AVE train from Alicante to Madrid - 9 posts
Agency seems to have stolen 900 euros of my money - help/ advice needed!!! - 2 posts
They changed the law overnight and are fining people- that HAS to be illegal right? - 6 posts
Surcharge or Admin Costs? - 3 posts
Raining in murcia ? - 13 posts
Bye bye Ruiz-Gallardon - 2 posts
12 dodgy Spanish menu translations (all genuine!!) - 3 posts
TRAVEL COT AND HIGH CHAIR UP FOR GRABS - 5 posts
Would i get a spanish mortgage - 6 posts
Sax - 0 posts
Corvera golf - 0 posts
Murcia Airport transfer - 0 posts
Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares - 9 posts
Is it Legal to pay For works done in the community without a proper invoice being presented? - 17 posts
BORED ! - 16 posts
The whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman last seen in Torrevieja and Javea. - 0 posts
Weather - 4 posts
Moving from the UK - 2 posts
House rental contracts - 5 posts
cheaper to both go autonomo or for me to employ my wife - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x