moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by nina23x Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

HI EVERYONE, I AM THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN NEXT YEAR WITH MY PARTNER.

WE WILL BE LOOKING TO RENT SOMEWERE AND FOR WORK , I AM A BEAUTY THERAPIST /BARMAID AND HE IS A LORRY DRIVER. I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL IF ANYONE HAD ANY INFO ON RENTALS AND THIS KIND OF WORK.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 5:57 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Hello and welcome.

When I moved into my house in 2003, my neighbours had moved in the year before, the husband was also hoping to find work as a lorry driver.  He wasn't successful and she found temporary work in aa office whilst he stayed at home doing up the house to sell.  After a year they moved to another area near to Valencia, as a cost saving exercise.  Again the wife found work but the husband had to return to England to work for a couple of months whenever they needed extra money for doing up the house.  They are still struggling but do not regret moving out to Spain.

Pick your area carefully and if you both have to work to live in Spain then move back your move date until you have enough savings to keep you going for a least a year.  You may be lucky and find jobs quite quickly but there are a lot of people in the same situation.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 8:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
The only companies likely to employ your partner as a driver are British owned removal companies, and that means he will also need to be extremely fit and strong, because they will also expect him to do the actual removals. If he has a Class 1 licence, he may find himself doing trips to the UK and back. Check the classifieds in the English press, Costa Blanca News or Sur in English (for Costa del Sol). Occasionally these jobs are advertised.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Aug 2007 4:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi nina23x

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

We have lots of long terms rentals listed on the site by our members.  Check them out at:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/rental-property-spain-long.aspx

Best of luck with your move.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 5:57 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

My neighbour worked in England doing lorry runs to and from Spain so he was well qualified to get a job in Spain, the problem was whenever he answered adverts in the English speaking papers in Spain he never got a reply.

Maybe your partner will be one of the lucky ones to get on the short list and then again maybe he won't.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Badajoz - 3 posts
New to site and looking at El Bosque Mairena development...... - 1 posts
Importing furniture from Far East - 0 posts
MOSQUITOS - 84 posts
flights to seville - 3 posts
Listen online to your favourite radio stations on the Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Roda golf apartment. - 0 posts
CHRISTMAS AWAY FROM "HOME"....WHERE THOUGH ?? - 2 posts
Habitation License - 1 posts
Home owner in Balsicas - 7 posts
From off plan to village life - 2 posts
Ceiling light electricity wire colours - 18 posts
Map of Cuidad Quesada? - 2 posts
lOS ALCAZARES - 13 posts
Nanny State...Forum - 0 posts
I have a meeting at Manilva town hall on Wednesday - 1 posts
El Moscatel - Manilva - 7 posts
Air Conditioning and Security Grills - 2 posts
Bodega Andaluz - Manilva - 2 posts
Mnailva what is it like - 1 posts
Large group / families wishing to relaocate ? - 0 posts
feral cats - help !! - 5 posts
Learn to speak Spanish online - 2 posts
Long let 2 villas Alhaurin de la Torre, 19/10/08 to 19/04/08, 500€ each - 0 posts
Almeria or Murcia Airport? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x