androi for tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2014 9:17 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 194 posts Send private message

Hi, Like thousands of us expats I am looking at various options to watch uk tv in the future.

There seems to be many guys offering iptv; some of whom are out and out "cowboys". I wonder whether the means of streaming tv is legal and will the plug be pulled on them leaving us with a useless set top box.

I have heard of a Minix Neo android which apparently allows one to watch uk tv. I would be very interested to know whether anyone on this forum uses one and how it streems tv.. thanks

Like 0      
07 Feb 2014 9:42 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Just log into filmon. You can get an app for your tablet or a website for your PC. Plug it into your TV and you get most of the UK Freeview channels for nothing. Even has a HD version which you can subscribe to at less than the cost of a UK TV license. (€9.95 a month or €99.50 if you pay for a full year)

Also has the benefits of other European and US channels and films. Eminently watchable even in the free SD version. Depending on you tablet what connection you need. With a laptop it is simply a HDMI cable. 

Alternatively, pay for a system that hides your IP address and watch BBC I player, 4OD, ITV catchup etc. Still cheaper than an IPTV box that will need a lot of tweaking and downloading to get anything from UK.

Like 1      
07 Feb 2014 11:23 PM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

a Minix Neo X7 needs no tweaking at all, just download and install the app, that's it, I'm using one at the moment

Like 0      
07 Feb 2014 11:31 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 194 posts Send private message

Hi, Thank you both very much for the info. Again this is probably a silly question. When I stream tv to my laptop/ android I presume that  cant use my laptop for any other purpose. I ask because we use ours for our business. To be honest I dont understand how a Minix works. thanks

Like 0      
08 Feb 2014 8:48 AM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

when you stream to your laptop, you can't do much else with your laptop, unless you have 2 screens, that's possible, but a bit awkward,

that's why an android like the Minix comes in handy, think of it as a tablet without screen, and you use your tv as screen,

it's a computer running on Android, like your tablet or smartphone, install all the apps from Google playstore on it, I've connected a wireless mouse and keyboard, now I can browse the web, send emails, even play games if I wanted to, anything you can do on a tablet or smartphone, you can do on an android box.

Like 1      
08 Feb 2014 9:00 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 194 posts Send private message

Hi fonziedas, thanks very much for explaining in such a clear and concise way; I do well to switch my laptop on.nic.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nice Coastal Resorts Near Valencia - 3 posts
CAN I STILL SKY IN COSTA DEL SOL WITH MULTIROOM - 16 posts
Supreme Court and liabilities of Banks and Property valuers - 0 posts
Farnsfield - 7 posts
Iberdrola have cut us off - Help! - 10 posts
.GONE - 28 posts
Broadband - Mijas Area - 1 posts
aguilas carnival march 2014 - 0 posts
Repossession Pending - Drive By Valuation - Lawyers - 5 posts
Housing market will stabilise this year, says FUNCAS - 1 posts
Santander bank goes from strength to strength - 5 posts
95% of Spaniards believe corruption is generalised - 1 posts
Private banking in Spain? - 0 posts
Is Cannabis Legal in Spain? - 5 posts
feeling frustrated - 1 posts
Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins - 47 posts
valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts
Air Boxs. - 0 posts
Fiat Qubo 2011 for sale. - 0 posts
Looking for a good trustworthy legal firm in Los Alcazares in Murcia - 9 posts
Golf - 1 posts
Utilities terazzas de la torre - 3 posts
Amazing place to visit.....near Torrevieja - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x