Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2014 7:48 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

Astra 2E, the change over begins.

The following frequencies have migrated from Astra 2A to the new satellite 2E.

11720 H
11758 H
11836 H
11856 V
11914 H
12012 V
12382 H
12460 H

The above frequencies are for UK Sky & appear to be placed on the 2E pan European beam. Many of these were previously weaker in many locations in Spain.

In Costa Blanca South - 11836 H which is part of the Sky movies package, this was very weak and needed a 1.8 / 1.9 metre dish & still not 100% stable. This morning we scanned in these channels on a 1.1 metre dish with good signal strength.

11758 H was also difficult to receive and has the (Sky) HD versions ITV 2, 3 & 4 and also now scanned in on a 1.1 metre dish - previously 1.8 / 1.9 required in CBS.

All of the above is positive news for UK TV for those using a Sky UK package, they are likely to find that all of the problem 2A channels are o.k. 

This is not the overall indicator as this is the pan european beam, not the UK 2E spot beam, which is where the UK terrestrial channels will be.

We will report on further changes as they come in.

Full channel / frequency list below, courtesy of Lyngsat.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 0      
04 Feb 2014 9:04 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

12344 H 29500 has now also moved from 2A North beam.

Sky sports 2, 3 & 4 HD, Sky 1HD & Sky Atlantic HD all now receivable on a 1 metre dish.

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2014 9:51 AM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

We are in West costa del sol.

We were told that we would 'lose' all terrestrial and freeview through our dish.

the majority of us do not have sky but rely on the community 1.5m dish. Does any one know what impact this will actually have as there are many different views bandied about.

Nick

Like 0      
04 Feb 2014 10:40 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

It is a case of wait & see. The reason why most believe you will not get the UK terrestrials on the 2E spot beam, is that in your location you are already not getting the 2F spot beam. As 2E was originally stated by SES Astra as being the same specification satellite as 2F, a logical assumption is that reception will be similar.

I.E if you are not getting 2F spot beam now, then it is most likely that the same will apply with 2E spot beam, where some of the UK terrestrials will be on.

All of the above is based on SES information as opposed to IPTV only companies and local rags whose reporting borderlines comical.

Bottom line, predictions are one thing, however only when all the frequencies have moved ultimately will we know the answer and the effect in specific locations.

Unrelated (sort of) with a little 'know how' there are satellite receivers which will open Intelsat 907 which has the BBCs, ITV & 4 and is receivable with a 1 metre dish in your location. Combine this with the rest of the channels receivable on Sky & if required a number of IPTV solutions.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2014 1:24 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the information you have posted. Please keep us informed with the progress as it happens - much appreciated.

Like 1      
04 Feb 2014 4:41 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

BBC Changes with Astra 2E, dates confirmed.

In February 2012, one of these satellites (Astra 2D) was retired and BBC services moved to a new temporary home on Astra 1N. Astra 1N is shortly to be moved to its permanent position at 19°East, so the affected 

BBC services will be transferring to a new permanent home on Astra 2E (28.2°East).

This will take place in the early hours of Thursday 6th February 2014

A small number of channels are unaffected by the change. These are on the multiplex “DSAT 8” which is carried on Astra 2F (also at 28.2°East). These are BBC ONE Scotland HD, BBC ONE Wales HD, BBC FOUR HD, BBC NEWS HD, CBeebies HD. 

Which means those currently getting BBC's above on 2F, will not lose them. So far, for this location, all good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/news_item25.html

This message was last edited by televisiontechnology on 04/02/2014.

This message was last edited by televisiontechnology on 04/02/2014.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2014 5:43 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for the info on the changes, I am watching with interest.

Not sure what beam we are on in the Mojacar area and not out for another few months to see what happens, but we have friends visiting next month. I believe our apartment block has a 1.8 metre dish (certainly isn't 1 metre), are our friends likely to be without Corrie and Eastenders for their visit? I know we won't know fully until the move, but if you have any ideas, they would be welcome.

Cheers

Mark

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 8:58 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Imagine life without the british soaps!!! Its got to be worth moving to spain for......sad bunch

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 9:25 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Casperuby,     Imagine it ?  I remember it.  

When the best we could get in the line of English broadcasting was a short wave radio with a constantly fading signal.  

I put a small shelf in a corner of my studio, about 6 foot high, for my radio, as that was the best place for short-wave reception.  

You 'new arrivals' don't know how lucky you are !!!!

This message was last edited by johnzx on 05/02/2014.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 11:09 AM by OMARELL Star rating in Baldock Hertfordshir.... 47 posts Send private message

The big changeover is to take place 2 am tomorrow.What with no BBC,ITV, Winter Fuel Allowance and poor exchange rate is it worth staying in Spain?

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 11:27 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

I'm being told 3.30 - though eitherway we'll know when we all wake up....

It's not so drastic, there are always options of TV, most of Sky's channels will be available, with internet you can have IPTV free or subsbription basd...different types.

Forgetting 2E / 2F for a moment, review the frequency 11495 on the link below - as with the right satellite receiver you can open these BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc with a 1 metre dish in most parts of Spain - you can even link 2 dishes, IPTV etc.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html

Whilst it may prove a pain for some, it is not an utter disaster as there will still be a number of solutions available.

I certainly would not go back to the UK over this - or not without a boat :-)

Like 1      
05 Feb 2014 1:06 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Forgetting 2E / 2F for a moment, review the frequency 11495 on the link below - as with the right satellite receiver you can open these BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc with a 1 metre dish in most parts of Spain - you can even link 2 dishes, IPTV etc.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html

Would this require the dish to be re-alligned?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 4:43 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Johnzx
I also remember those old radio days. The last thing I think about in spain is british tv especially the never ending crap called soaps how any one of even average intelligence could sit and watch coronation street and the like is beyond me but I also don't wish to live in a British enclave not properly mix with the idiginous population and only shop at iceland. Besides every thing one wishes to see is only a click away with a mouse and download.

Like 1      
05 Feb 2014 5:14 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

Sanchez1, yes you would need to realign dish as this satellite is 27.5 degrees west, as opposed to 28 degrees east of the new (and old) Astra satellites.

casperruby - Have to say I agree! I can feel my brain cell dying when the eastenders intro begins.....

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 5:15 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for your help on this "televisiontechnology", all information helps smiley.

For all the righteous non soap watchers that have deigned to chastise. Our friends are 75 & 78. There is not much locally to do in the evening where our apartment is, although they may pop out to visit the neighbours. They spend all day out and about emersing themselves in the local culture and want a little R&R in the evenings watching TV. So before you patronise people, best you make yourself aware of the circumstances!!! I've seen far too much of this casting aspersions on people in this forum recently.

Please also don't clog up a worthwhile thread with your infantile responses, open another one if you feel so strongly about it. 

Like 2      
05 Feb 2014 5:20 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Sanchez1, yes you would need to realign dish as this satellite is 27.5 degrees west, as opposed to 28 degrees east of the new (and old) Astra satellites.

Thanks televisiontechnology.  I've got Sky so don't want to move the dish.  So it looks like an Android dongle + VPN is the way forward.  Can you recommend any particular models?

I've been looking at some quad core android dongles with remote control for around £50 but not sure how these will perform...

This message was last edited by Sanchez1 on 05/02/2014.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 5:27 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

What very strange posts from Casperruby – in fact quite rude really, although some forums appear to be plagued by judgemental Brits who denigrate the enjoyment and opinions of others. Why criticise those who choose an alternative life-style to you?

I don’t like TV soaps either but the fact that thousands do, and it brings them lots of enjoyment, doesn’t give me or you the right to criticise them. Where you live and where you shop is of no importance – unless of course you are a typical Brit ‘status seeker’.

The reason I love Spain so much is because it doesn’t matter where you live, how big your house is, what you do for a living and how old your car is – unless of course you are still British in your outlook.

On the few occasions I have watched ‘Corry’ I found it to be funnier than most ‘comedy shows’ and without the modern  penchant for foul language so please live and let live in harmony irrespective of where your home is, where you choose to shop or seek your entertainment.

Regards to all Woodbug

Like 4      
05 Feb 2014 6:09 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Umm
Poor woodbug, please read my previous post there is no mention of car size house size or even most of the other nonsense you mention but then having observed your postings befor you do tend to go on a bit and love the sound of your own voice, I was for my part making light of soaps not being the only thing on tv. But still im sure your happy now

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 6:09 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

There have been some changes with 1N channels moving temporarily to 2A. It is presently assumed that this is in 'holding for 2G' - these channels below are Sky, not the UK terrestrials.

Tests completed 1.86 portuguese prime focus, nr Almoradi - 16 km's from Torrevieja.

For those in some parts of Spain 2A North will be weak, we have received one report from community member in Costa Calida who has lost 'Challenge' which is on 12304H, shown below.

2A North

12070 h 27500 snr 43 (2A North)
12148 H 27500 55snr (2A North)
12090 v 29500 dvbs2 32-33 snr (2A North)
12168 v 29500 dvbs2 32 (2A North)
12226 h 29500 dvbs 2 57 (2A North)
12246 V 29500 dvbs2 37 (2A North)
12304 h 27500 51snr (2A North)
12324 v 29500 dvbs2 51snr (2A North)

These are all subscription Sky & most have an alternative option - in the case of the DVBS-2 (HD) there are a few of the Sky film channels (not all) but the standard definition versions are o.k. 

2A South beam

12207 v 27500 94 snr (2A Southern beam)
12110 h 27500 99 snr (2A Southern beam)
12266 H 27500 99 snr (2A Southern beam)
12188 h 27500 99 snr (2A Southern beam)

There is a few more which information is not available or clear yet.

Sanchez1 - I've had over a year on the Android boxes / dongles and other IPTV box tests. Of all the equipment the wifi android dongles are my least favourite equipment, antennas weak & always better to use hard wire connection when streaming, too much speed loss. I also had 3 dongles overheat & pack up over this period - so guessing they get too hot in their small enclosures.

Also be wary that most of this equipment supplied will not work for UK TV 'straight out of the box', needs setting up and you need to be quite technically minded & patient - not for everyone.  I offer the customer support on this type of equipment.

We offer our own versions, with reskinned software & set up, welcome to take a look on the weblink below, probably not the cheapest, but individually set up & with support.

This message was last edited by televisiontechnology on 05/02/2014.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2014 7:15 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We have an (abandoned by my son) Ouya which, after a little research, I have set up with XBMC and can access all the movies, etc.  I have Filmon installed and, to be honest, even though the box is wired with an excellent quality ethernet cable to our router, I am not impressed with the quality of picture using Filmon on the Ouya.  I don't have a problem with movies, etc., generaly - and some HD very good quality.  I find I get a better picture just using the Filmon app on my iPad or iPhone and airpaying it to the ATV.  Could this be to do with the Ouya hardware?  It is making me think twice about paying out for a Mag250 or equivalent box for iptv if the quality is substandard.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts
Air Boxs. - 0 posts
Fiat Qubo 2011 for sale. - 0 posts
Looking for a good trustworthy legal firm in Los Alcazares in Murcia - 9 posts
Golf - 1 posts
Utilities terazzas de la torre - 3 posts
Amazing place to visit.....near Torrevieja - 2 posts
camper van? - 18 posts
Thinking of moving over. - 4 posts
FAMILY (2 ADULTS 1 CHILD) SEEK PLACE TO RENT ON COSTA DORADA, LONG TERM - 0 posts
Hola amigos! - 10 posts
Caring and Responsible Dog-Walker - 0 posts
Form 720 - 21 posts
Frightening unemployment data! - 0 posts
Spain formally exits bank bailout program in better shape - 0 posts
transferring money from Spain to France - 16 posts
Introducing the SHOWMAN - 0 posts
Update please Cost of a weekly shop - 22 posts
Spanish compliant bonds - 5 posts
Crisis closes 50,000 establishments in 4 years - 0 posts
Spanish Property Prices to See Further Decline in 2014, Says Moody’s - 0 posts
Gay Bars and Clubs - 2 posts
Looking for a private pyschology tutor at AS2 level - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x