CAN I STILL SKY IN COSTA DEL SOL WITH MULTIROOM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2014 5:43 PM by one Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi

I believe people have lost BBC channels on the coast and soon loosing ITV and Channel 4. Can we still be available to view it if we pay sky here and take the card there "the multiroom"

Please advice we are confused

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 11:30 AM by jdyerjay Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

but watch this space someone hi we have just returned from the Vera Playa area of Almeria  and useing our Sky card we still lost the BBC and channel 4 channels at the moment there is no cure but watch this space someone will surely firn a solution

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 2:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

One

The signal is not receivable on the CDS, so it does not matter what card you might have.

In any case, it was illegal (not in a criminal sense of course) to use any Sky card outside the UK and Ireland.

Of course one can still get BBC and ITV on their computer if they use a VPN, (there are several). The program makes it appear to BBC etc. that you are in the UK. 

I am watching BBC live now on a laptop.  My VPN (cost $30 p.a. = about £20,  shows I am in London instead of CDS.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 3:01 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

of course one can still get BBC and ITV on their computer if they use a VPN,

Or simply log in to filmon.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 3:23 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Johnzx, do you care to share with the rest of us where you are getting the vPN for that money as i have been researching this all morning and they all to be seem to 5-10 dollars a month.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 3:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

K 5  It was not that I did not want to share but thought it maybe against the rules;   it was hotspot shield

Having downloaded it one can have  a free trial of I think 3 days.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/02/2014.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 6:31 PM by granjero Star rating in lincs. 28 posts Send private message

Hi I have a holiday home in jaen province of Spain , I've been told today we've lost free sat , I have a 1.2m dish and a receiver can I now take my sky box and card and use it on my 1.2 m dish or does this need to be re alligned so that I can watch the sky channels ,I've been told on FB that people there are connecting a gadget to there tvs to receive the lost channels via sky

Like 0      
25 Feb 2014 9:58 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Can we still be available to view it if we pay sky here and take the card there "the multiroom"

BBC ITV C4 and Fives are all "free to air" and require NO viewing card or subscrpion to view. So it iwll make no differdnce if you subscribe to sky or not.

The only ITV C4 and Five chanensl that are part of the Sky HD package are ITV2HD, ITV3HD, ITV4HFD, E4HD, M4HD Film4HD and Five HD

In any case, it was illegal (not in a criminal sense of course) to use any Sky card outside the UK and Ireland.

It is not illegal to use a viewing card from one EU country in another EU countye.

It may be against the T&Cs of the contract, but it is not illegal

I've been told today we've lost free sat ,

Freesat is still there - but you may havelost some chanenls available via Freeat if your dish is too small for where you are in Spain.

I have a 1.2m dish and a receiver can I now take my sky box and card and use it on my 1.2 m dish or does this need to be re alligned so that I can watch the sky channels

Freesat and sky use the same satellites - so you will not need your dish realigning to any other satellites.

I've been told on FB that people there are connecting a gadget to there tvs to receive the lost channels via sky

Internet TV or IPTV - either free servies like Filmon or paid services. However retansmitting material bfrom broadctsaers witohut permission from theose broadcsaters is illegal, so there is a chance that some providers may be closed down....should the tv companies persue it

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
25 Feb 2014 11:25 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Have been told that BBC/ITV now on same satellite as ch5 and as we have the latter we must therefore get the others....which of course we don't.
Is the person who said this incorrect or should I be trying to find which numbers ,other than 9** to key into.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2014 7:41 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Some BBC and ITV channels are on the same satellite as channel 5 - Astra 2F - operational sicne Dec 2012.

But most BBC ITV C4s are on a new satellite - Astra 2E - whose reception is very similar to Asta 2F.

So if yo cannot receive C5 on its satellite  then it will be unlikely you can receive the BBC ITV etc on their satellite.

For BBC chanensl, there are no "other numbers" to use as all the BBC chanenls are alreday on the Sky Guide from 950 upwards.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Feb 2014 7:53 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

So if yo cannot receive C5 on its satellite then it will be unlikely you can receive the BBC ITV etc on their satellite.

But that's the point I am asking.....I CAN receive ch5....so why not the others.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2014 10:58 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I CAN receive ch5....so why not the others.

Because you are not using the correct regions..?

A Handful of ITV1 regions (in SD and HD) are on the same satellite beam as Five SD. So in theory if you can get C5 SD then you should also be able to get those ITV1 regions also.

And it is only some BBC HD channels (BBC News HD, BBC4HD, BBC One HD Scotland, BBC One HD Wales) on the same satellite as C5 (SD)...not any others..

But the majority of BBC and ITV channes are NOT onthe same satellite as C5 (SD)...which is why you will not be able to receive them.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html

And this is C5 SD - not C5HD which is part of the Sky HD subscription, and on a different beam to the SD and free versions.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 8:33 AM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

hi not to throw a spanner in the works but with sky go you can still view  channel 4 thats as long as you have the sky package to start with

This message was last edited by wencra on 27/02/2014.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 8:41 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Unfortunately one of the rare breed that never wanted the sky package...even in UK.
Not having many channels is not a big deal except on the very rare occasion .

Thanks for info satandpcguy. I just needed an answer to someone who is insistant I couldn't possibly get ch5 without receiving everything else.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 8:55 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Satguy

I am on CDS. I do not have a Sky Subscription.  I just checked and yes as you said, I still have BBC World News, Sky News, Al  Jazeera news , CNN, French News, Euro News  and a few other channels.  I had not checked previously.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 10:01 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I just checked and yes as you said, I still have BBC World News, Sky News, Al  Jazeera news , CNN, French News, Euro News  and a few other channels.

If you have BBC World News, then your dish is not aligned to the cAstra 2 group of UK TV satellites, and so not affected by these recent changes, but will be aligned to the Astra1 group of satellites that cover Europe.

BBC World News is not on the Astra 2 group of UK TV satellites - BBC News is.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 8:54 AM by jimmyjjohn Star rating in Arizona . 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/3/2014 10:00:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Supreme Court and liabilities of Banks and Property valuers - 0 posts
Farnsfield - 7 posts
Iberdrola have cut us off - Help! - 10 posts
.GONE - 28 posts
Broadband - Mijas Area - 1 posts
aguilas carnival march 2014 - 0 posts
Repossession Pending - Drive By Valuation - Lawyers - 5 posts
Housing market will stabilise this year, says FUNCAS - 1 posts
Santander bank goes from strength to strength - 5 posts
95% of Spaniards believe corruption is generalised - 1 posts
Private banking in Spain? - 0 posts
Is Cannabis Legal in Spain? - 5 posts
feeling frustrated - 1 posts
Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins - 47 posts
valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts
Air Boxs. - 0 posts
Fiat Qubo 2011 for sale. - 0 posts
Looking for a good trustworthy legal firm in Los Alcazares in Murcia - 9 posts
Golf - 1 posts
Utilities terazzas de la torre - 3 posts
Amazing place to visit.....near Torrevieja - 2 posts
camper van? - 18 posts
Thinking of moving over. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x