Iberdrola have cut us off - Help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2014 10:41 AM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

My own fault... I let the bank pot run dry so their last direct debit attempt will have failed (we're in UK and normally leave just enough to cover community fees and utils etc). Took my eye off the ball so need to get it back on and sorted.

I get the bill amounts via email, which I then delete after adding amount to a spreadsheet.. so I don't even have their contact numbers! I can obviously have a poke about on web but would be grateful if anyone can advise based on experience of reconnections etc.

Language is obvious barrier so if anyone can steer me to a better place than I am now that would be grand.

Thanks in appreciation.. Pat (Growler)

Like 0      
06 Feb 2014 10:52 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

This used to be the UK english speaking number 0845 030 4032. Iberdrola own scottish power

Hope it still works

Like 0      
06 Feb 2014 11:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Growler. I googled it for you,  

https://www.iberdrola.es/customers/contact/hotlines

(00 34) 91 649 63 30 is shown as the English language helpline for overseas customers

Like 0      
23 Jun 2014 1:13 PM by dolphins Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Growler,

can I ask what happened for you to get reconnected? Just found out our last bill wasn't paid when our key holder let us know we were disconnected? How much does it cost to be reconnected?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2014 11:17 AM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

the reconnection fee will set you back a few hundred euros but first you have to get a boletin which is an inspection carried out by an approved electrician

Like 0      
24 Jun 2014 6:19 PM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

I just got someone's electric re-connected who hadn't paid their last 2 bills, just hadn't noticed. I was told that I had to go to Iberdrola and get a statement, then take it to the bank and pay the bills then take receipt back to Iberdrola who would then arrange for the electric to be put back on, this was from my gestor who said he couldn't do it for me as it was too difficult. At that a Spanish lady came in to the office, phoned them up and paid the bills by credit card and within an hour it was back on. The re-connection fee was 22 euros which will be added to the next bill.

Like 1      
24 Jun 2014 8:41 PM by dolphins Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

I phoned Iberdrola yesterday, paid by credit card, and reconnection fee of about €22 will be in next bill. Will be keeping a tight eye on my bank from now on, as I literally took my eye of the ball for a few weeks and hadn't noticed. Thanks to all for their replies

Like 0      
24 Jun 2014 8:52 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

they had actualy removed the meter when they cut me off. So I had to get a replacement (200 euros) and a boletin before they would re connect

Like 0      
24 Jun 2014 8:55 PM by dolphins Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

That's awful....they give no time at all.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2014 8:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

From your post,  readers might be led to believe one must buy the meter. It is in fact the property of the electricity  company, for which one pays a nominal rental. As shown on the bill.

Removing the meter is the usual practice (maybe not always but usually) when they discontinue the supply.  If they leave the meter, it is too easy to reconnect it oneself.  (screwdriver and, to be safe, rubber gloves)

From Gill's post "The re-connection fee was 22 euros which will be added to the next bill" I suspect the 200 euros mentioned in this thread was for something other than the actual reconnection.  Maybe the property was over 20 years old and needed a re-inspection (he mentioned a buletin**) or somethng similar.

**  approximate translation : (from internet) Buletin:   Basically it is an official document issued by an authorised electrician certifying that an installation meets all requirements. Showing:   features, the installed capacity and the allowable maximum,  and guarantees the quality of the installation. It imay nclude an outline and a location map of the installed elements. Put another way, is the hallmark of a professional quality that makes an electrical installation, accompanied by a kind of map / inventory of all that it contains.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 25/06/2014.

Like 1      
25 Jun 2014 6:12 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I paid 200 euros to get reconnected. That was for putting the meter back in.

On top of that was the boletin........my lawer who handled the whole thing told me if anyone is cut off and the meter removed, Iberdrola and Endesa insist on this before re connection.

My place was built in 1989

He said it was the law

I'm in Murcia region by the way

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

.GONE - 28 posts
Broadband - Mijas Area - 1 posts
aguilas carnival march 2014 - 0 posts
Repossession Pending - Drive By Valuation - Lawyers - 5 posts
Housing market will stabilise this year, says FUNCAS - 1 posts
Santander bank goes from strength to strength - 5 posts
95% of Spaniards believe corruption is generalised - 1 posts
Private banking in Spain? - 0 posts
Is Cannabis Legal in Spain? - 5 posts
feeling frustrated - 1 posts
Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins - 47 posts
valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts
Air Boxs. - 0 posts
Fiat Qubo 2011 for sale. - 0 posts
Looking for a good trustworthy legal firm in Los Alcazares in Murcia - 9 posts
Golf - 1 posts
Utilities terazzas de la torre - 3 posts
Amazing place to visit.....near Torrevieja - 2 posts
camper van? - 18 posts
Thinking of moving over. - 4 posts
FAMILY (2 ADULTS 1 CHILD) SEEK PLACE TO RENT ON COSTA DORADA, LONG TERM - 0 posts
Hola amigos! - 10 posts
Caring and Responsible Dog-Walker - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x