SPANISH POLICE BRUTALITY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Dec 2013 8:55 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

28 Dec 2013 10:03 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

This confirms my earlier stated fears. Thank you for posting. The police are clearly out of control. I think it may already be too late; that the police are more to be feared than is the criminal community. The police force - I refuse to call it a service - sees itself primarily as frontline defence of government.

Mutually supportive this would separate governance from the electorate and allow free rein to the police. As I have before warned, the EU has slipped into a similar state to that of the pre-1989 Soviet Union. The similarities are truly alarming. It will not be long before people expressing views such as I and some others are ‘taking in for questioning’.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 3      
29 Dec 2013 10:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Beware of what Mike writes. 

He is an articulate professional writer, whose messages are designed to convince people, who may not have the experience or are not open minded, that they are something which they are not.  They are not open minded fair criticism but biased to promote his agenda (whatever that may be) just as political leaders hope to sway the minds of the populace that things maybe worst, or better, than they in fact are. 

Despite what he has said to the contrary, he is deliberately, and skillfully, mixing the behavior of many different police forces and services, highlighting the worst, maybe very isolated incidents, and presenting them to appear that what he says about one, applies to them all.  That is untrue and disingenuous.

His is propaganda, designed to mislead.

I can speak with personal experience of just the UK and in particular the Met Police. 

In the UK all complaints against police are overseen by the Independent Police Complaints Commission, who I can assure all do not lean towards assisting dishonest, corrupt or unsuitable police officers to avoid prosecution  and or dismissal.

QUOTE There are a number of types of incidents that the police, or other agencies the IPCC oversees complaints for, must mandatorily refer to the Commission. These include deaths in police custody, shootings and fatal traffic incidents as well as allegations that an officer or member of police staff has committed a serious criminal offence.  As an example, the shooting of the two men who killed Lee Rigby, was automatically investigated by the IPCC to find if the officer were in any way at fault.

And of course all pollice actions in the UK are fair game for the press. Some of whom may lean towards the police and others who do not.

If the same rules were applied to almost any other group of worker, the bodies which represent them and protect their interests would be complaining about the unfairness of the system to their member. Nevertheless probably almost 100% of officer are pleased that they are subjected to these stringent rules, which ensures that high professional standards are maintained and, hopefully by those rules existing, the public will rightfully have confidence in ‘their police service.’

Mike:   Quote The police are clearly out of control. I think it may already be too late; that the police are more to be feared than is the criminal community

My opinion on this is:-  Absolute bunkum 

Like 2      
29 Dec 2013 11:11 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

John, you are going way off agenda. My OP concerned itself with Spanish and Ukrainian police tactics and response, not UK. Along the line it morphed into a debate about British policing, its strategies and its failings.

I did not open that theme; I simply commented on it as others have done. I personally think that Poppyseed made the most convincing contribution. She answered your defensive position most capably but you choose to ignore it.

John, with respect, might I make a suggestion. As you are passionate about the UK police career you chose why not open a separate debate on British policing.  Leave me to comment on the broader European spectrum relating to policing as was my original intention.  I promise that if you do so I will contribute by commenting on my very happy recollections of when I numbered many police officers in my circle of friends and when the police were far better respected that they are today.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 3      
29 Dec 2013 9:32 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Actually Mike Walsh hasn't written anything that can't be readily found by looking on the internet, in the media, on the TV news,  so you might just as well be aware of what is spoken and written in these as well.

He is not mixing all police forces into one, anyone can see that police forces all over the world are now getting heavy handed on many occasions, and all in the hope the individual cop can get away with doing it.

I defend business people when folk tell me "so and so charged me enough for that" I wouldn't expect any different from any cop when defending his own, but to carry on doing so when the evidence is so overwhelming to see is just plain delusion on their part.

One of the coppers that bashed a protester, caught doing this on camera with no ID showing, refused unreservedly to give his ID number, and name over, only when his Sgt intervened did he,  sure thats only one that the news caught and spoke about, can anyone believe this one was the only one doing this?

The shooting of the two that killed Lee Rigby had to have an investigation because firearms were discharged by police officers, as any firearm discharged by police,  any death in police custody has to be investigated because you cant just shove that one under the carpet, so you cant make this out to be that  our police investigate all complaints.

I still think our cops are the best in the world, it's the bad apples that give them all a bad name, and when you get them bad apples you got trouble in buckets loads.

Like 2      
30 Dec 2013 8:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Baz.     

I am reluctant to extend this, but as you clearly mean me when you mention ‘defending the police’ I wish make it clear that,  I have only referred to what has been reported and facts, like pathologists reports.  I have not given personal opinions on how the police in any country operate, nor how any particular police officers have acted.

I never have sought to defend police when they have acted contrary to the law in the country where they function; even to the contrary, I have mentioned that I have been `part of the mechanism’ when wrong doers have been brought to justice.

So can you now drop this personal attack ?

Like 2      
30 Dec 2013 11:15 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I am reluctant to extend this, but as you clearly mean me when you mention ‘defending the police’ I wish make it clear that,  I have only referred to what has been reported and facts, like pathologists reports.  I have not given personal opinions on how the police in any country operate, nor how any particular police officers have acted.

I never have sought to defend police when they have acted contrary to the law in the country where they function; even to the contrary, I have mentioned that I have been `part of the mechanism’ when wrong doers have been brought to justice.

So can you now drop this personal attack ?

I think you should read your posts through again if you believe you are not defending the police, or is it a case of what you say is okay, what others say is wrong?

Don't think that I am attacking you personally I rarely ever give anyone that privilege, but as it also looks like you're the only ex-police officer on here that answers these posts then it might seem to you that its personal,  more self control over how easy you get offended would be a start.

I have finished with this now.

Like 4      
30 Dec 2013 5:38 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Why  is M W stilll living here in Spain as he clearly dislikes everything about the country

Like 1      
28 Feb 2014 1:13 PM by steveonthepc Star rating in UK - soon to be CB.. 11 posts Send private message

To john zx

I am unsure as to where you get your comments from. You say:

(In the UK one cannot be prosecuted for being rude to, or insulting, a police officer and it would be unusual for a person, say pushing a police officer whilst arguing or being arrested by him/her, to be charged with an additional offence.)

Rest assured that you can be prosecuted for all of the above...In relation to the rude and/or insulting a Police Office, you have section 5 Public Order Act 1986, (Disorderly Conduct). Pushing a Police officer, you have Section 4 POA 1986, (Threatening Behaviour) You also have Resisting Arrest, Common Assault and Obstructing a Police Officer in the Lawful Execution of his/Her Duty.

The UK Police are not soft, they are just controlled by a rediculous Government.

Regards

Steve

Recently retired (Police officer for over 20years)

Like 1      
28 Feb 2014 1:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Private reply sent to Steve.

But just to clarify this.

Of course there is always a law in the UK which could be used in circumstances for which it was not intended.  Nevertheless, in the UK , the police (unless they have gone mad since I retired) would never charge anyone,  as the last post seems to suggest, using completely inappropriate Public Order Law

Thus what I said does apply:-  

In the UK one cannot would not be prosecuted for being rude to, or insulting, a police officer and it would be unusual for a person, say pushing a police officer whilst arguing or being arrested by him/her, to be charged with an additional offence”

That is unlike in Spain where one is very likely to be arrested and charged, which was the point I was hoping to make clear. 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/03/2014.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/03/2014.

Like 1      
03 Mar 2014 8:54 AM by jimmyjjohn Star rating in Arizona . 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/3/2014 9:55:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Funny video thread! - 1 posts
Confused about the 'Big Switch Off?' - 4 posts
greeting to all of you! - 3 posts
I have a LHD Spanish plated car and want to swap for a UK RHD car - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - refund ? - 59 posts
Sales manager - 0 posts
How we change - 5 posts
Can son join police - 3 posts
Murcia Region No Business Licence Required - 1 posts
HI TOP LWB VAN DRIVING FROM UK TO SPAIN - 2 posts
Article in Daily Mail 13 December regarding new rules in renting out property in spain - 24 posts
Photobucket Woes... - 5 posts
Spanish courts favours Polaris World - not the consumer - 11 posts
Firearms training in Mojacar / Aguilas area - 4 posts
BBC news coverage of consumer problems when purchasing in Spain - 12 posts
Hacienda Tax Demands - 13 posts
THEFT OR 'BORROWED' - 15 posts
Telephone/Internet Service Providers/Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Another blow for Spain - 13 posts
Satellite Receive for all European Channels - 17 posts
WHAT DO I NEED ? - 7 posts
Could impact on tourism - 23 posts
Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 51

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x