Hacienda Tax Demands

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2013 3:12 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

OK, I know I don't post anymore but thought this might be important and worth people knowing.

There have been questions about under-declaring tax to the Hacienda when buying property.  People who have paid a lower price for a property than the Hacienda has it valued at have been getting demands for tax on the difference which can work out at thousands of euros. The claim has been that a lower price is entered on the deeds to avoid taxes (shades of black money). It has also been pointed out that these tax demands can be challenged.

Our solicitors have informed us that they, in every case they have challenged for this tax, they have been successful and the Hacienda has dropped the claim.

Further, they inform us that the Valencian courts have, just recently, ruled that these demands are illegal and it is the responsibility of the notary to ensure the correct price is declared on the deeds and that these claims from the Hacienda are to stop.

The solicitors say they will send me a copy of the ruling and I will post it on here when I receive it.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2013 3:42 PM by KathysLad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Actually, the Valencian court didn't rule that the methodolgy that the Hacienda were using was illegal, but they did rule that the process was flawed. What they said was it wasn't correct that the Hacienda decided on a value of a property from behind a desk. In other words, someone from Hacienda should have at least visited the property to see that nothing had changed.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2013 6:04 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

So what does that actually mean? Will the Hacienda continue sending out these demands or not? I ask because my neighbours bought a flat for €53,000. The original deeds from about 9 years ago valued it at €106,000. About18 months later, they were sent a bill for just over €3,000. They challenged this but still ended up paying over €1,000. If boboal's solicitor says they have to stop doing it, will they? And I thought having building works/extensions and so on was a totally different subject to under declaring values on existing properties. Having a swimming pool added and not entering on the deeds is not the same as handing over cash and then saying you paid a lot less than you did. Won't make any difference if they sit behind a desk or go out and look if demands are being made when nothing has been added.
Yes, I am confused.

Like 0      
17 May 2014 11:03 AM by morsehorse Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi new to forum just had a bill from Hacienda for myself and husband for 16k for a property purchased in Aug 2009. We paid by direct debit thus money to our legal rep who did not forward it.We are seeing a solicitor this week but wondered if this debt can be paid in instalments? Thank you

Like 0      
09 Jul 2014 9:13 PM by rusty196500 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

recently bought a small ruinous town house in cocentaina from solvia bank and now have been sent a bill for extra 2300 euros. any help or advice would be gratefully received. local town hall gave me 30 days to make property safe or they will declare it a ruin. regards rusty

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 2:15 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I paid and appealed mine in February this year.  The Tribunal still have not adjudicated on it.  Of course they're still sitting on my money.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 3:00 PM by rusty196500 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi,

did you lodge the appeal yourself or did you have to pay a lawyer to do it.

regards,

rusty

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 4:18 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Did it myself.  The amounts did not make it worthwhile to employ anybody.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 4:21 PM by rusty196500 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi,

could you tell me the process you followed please, was it complex ?

regards,

rusty

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 4:26 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

It's called "un recurso".  You have to set out in Spanish the grounds for denying that their assessment is accurate, and enclose any relevant documentation.  In my case the price was assessed as a result of a settlement of litigation of which they knew nothing.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 4:57 PM by rusty196500 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi,

thats great. is that done through the local town hall or the hacienda ?.

also is there a time limit to 1. pay the tax. 2 register the appeal.

my house was purchased from a bank in a dillapidated condition so as such the price declared was price paid not just

declared. it seems their value is based on a habitable property not a near ruin.

regards.

rusty.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2014 4:59 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Hacienda.  The time limits only apply if you haven't paid.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2015 3:58 PM by mchergui Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am new to this forum. We have been through this problem after buying our appartment here in spain. The hacienda or tax office opened a file on us and dropped it ast it was not conform. They just opened a new one just on my wife. So it seems they can open as many cases as they want and harrass honest people and most of them foreigners as much they want.

When I read that people say it is not illegal I doubt it. When people say we cannot do anything I doubt it. We all need to fight this, by petition, letters, protests, European commission and all the means possible. I intend to open a web site just for this purpose and remove all my assets from Spain and pay only from French account or american account till this process stops. I will come back on this when I get some replies. I know a European deputy and I am sure other of you have some friends.

And if people say it is not worth, we will see. If we fight some people will certainly loose their jobs at the tax office and the other will be be more honest.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2015 5:23 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I entered my appeal in February 2014.  I am still waiting to find out whether it has been successful.  My numerous emails have gone unanswered, as has my complaint to theOmbudsman.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

THEFT OR 'BORROWED' - 15 posts
Telephone/Internet Service Providers/Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Another blow for Spain - 13 posts
Satellite Receive for all European Channels - 17 posts
WHAT DO I NEED ? - 7 posts
Could impact on tourism - 23 posts
Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Another Costaluz victory! - 16 posts
Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges - 9 posts
Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x