WHAT DO I NEED ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2013 11:36 PM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar

Hi Guys,

I am returning to Spain next year to a villa that has the the free channels on SKY.

I want to be able to r.

ecord the channels.

At present in UK I am with BT You view but they have told me this wont work abroad,what will I need ?

I dont want to subscribe to SKY just get the the free channels.

Can you advise me please??

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 8:45 AM by billyboy1 Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

You will need a Freesat+ (Freesat Plus) box or a generic Freesat recorder box. Take a look at Argos, Currys or John Lewis. Their product description will tell you how they work, plus buyer reviews will tell you how they are performing out in the real world. Or simply Google " freesat recorder". Important note - freeview boxes will only receive/record Spanish programmes, not the UK ones like BBC and ITV.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 11:41 AM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar

THanks Billyboy 1 I will look into that.

Best wishes

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 12:16 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If it helps you in any way one of the better Freesat boxes on the market is the Humax recorder one's, not the cheapest by a long way, but very superb in many ways,  the HD channels on these are really good, plenty of recording space, with the ability to play around with it by putting in another set of numbers and get extra channels, but as I said not the cheapest make when bought new.

E-bay has a fair amount at decent prices if you wanted a used one to try first, and to date I haven't heard of anyone with them that has had problems.

We had one in Spain along side the dish for the recording side of it and all worked really well.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 6:21 PM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar

Many thanks Baz1946

Like 0      
16 Dec 2013 8:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is from a post last year re using Humax in Spain:-

30 Nov 2012 11:07 by satandpcguy :-

you need a UK IP address/ vpn to make your iplayer in spain work.

it sees that your IP address is from Spain, so it blocks content.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2013 9:22 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

This is from a post last year re using Humax in Spain:-

30 Nov 2012 11:07 by satandpcguy :-

Good job then I didn't take any notice of anyone one else when I took my Humax box to Spain and set it up, but you see I am like that because I tend to do things all on my own rather then talk about something I have never done. 

I also set up 2 Freeview, or what ever you call them i.e.: free channel Sky box's, the basic one's,  in Spain as well, one in my house and the other Sky box in my friends house, £30.00 each second hand that way if they didn't work...In the bin... and to date both are still working as when first set up.

I got all the set up numbers before I went to re-set the boxes' in Spain, took about an hour each one to set up. 

What I know about these things, and most electrical items for that matter, you could write on a postage stamp,  if you keep taking notice of people who say you cant do this..You cant do that, you end up never  doing anything.

Like 2      
16 Dec 2013 11:10 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

The OP wanted to know about "Freesat" not "Iplayer". Yes a freesat box can be made to do Iplayer, but it is quite technical to do so. Keep it simple. All you need is a freesat box and a valid UK postcode to set up the regions. If you want to record one channel and watch another at the same time you will need a dual feed LNB on your satellite dish, i.e. two cables to the box.

Saludos

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Could impact on tourism - 23 posts
Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Another Costaluz victory! - 16 posts
Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges - 9 posts
Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts
Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts
car mechanic - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x