Could impact on tourism

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Dec 2013 10:37 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Impact on tourism?   No.     But my council tax in the UK was nearly £3000.   I virtually run my Spanish place for less than that.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 10:39 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I cannot find any precise details of a suspected ‘new law’ but , as I said previously probably almost all rentals now are not legal, so what new?

You know exactly what I meant when I said about the new law in Spain concerning rentals,  in case you don't it's the one thats being discussed in this section, you know the law, the one that has cropped up again, so why be picky over the word "New", this is a forum for general chit chat, banter and discussions, not for trying to prove your more knowledgeable then everyone else.

Like 1      
15 Dec 2013 1:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Baz, although I did not make it clear, my question was not actually directed at you.  However, I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but when I said I do not know specifically about a new law that is precisely what I meant.  If I knew I would not have ask.  But if you do know where I can read the actual law I would be grateful.

The Daily Mail article does not refer, as far as I can see, to a particular law.

Quote :-  Hundreds of thousands of Britons with holiday homes in Spain and France could be prevented from renting them out to tourists.

Controversial laws set to be passed could also add hundreds of pounds to the cost of breaks for millions of travellers from Britain.

Like 1      
15 Dec 2013 2:05 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Impact on toursim no.

If rentals stick to the law and subsequently increase prices then the small percentage of visitors who do rent these properties will simply go back to hotels / apartments.

How many will be affected - not many as most properties are empty most of the time as there is simply too many to choose from (legal or not) which is why they are so cheap

Some owners I know have given up renting and only allow family & close friends to use.

As for property tax then Spain is not alone in this many countries have this in some form or another.

If you owned a second home / holiday home or rented out a  house in Uk you will still have to pay councill tax etc which is lot higher than Spain. You would have to declare all rentals to the tax man take out approriate insurances, obtain licences  / approvals, and have the necessary safety equipment etc

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Another Costaluz victory! - 16 posts
Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges - 9 posts
Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts
Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts
car mechanic - 0 posts
How do I open a teaching academy inland Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x