Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2013 8:44 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Why do we all love Spain when sometimes its so s--t its the question of the year we should all ask ourselves

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 12/12/2013.

Like 3      
12 Dec 2013 10:55 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

I assume you think it's shit.

I think that your perception of another country largely depends on what kind of person you are. You may find it shit whereas others may find it great. It comes down to what we expect in life and how we react when things aren't as we expected. I've come to the conclusion that if you are of a laid-back nature, patient and tolerant, then Spain, with it's great climate and slow lifestyle would make you think it is great. The way things are done here wouldn't bother you. However, if you have high expectations but little patience, Spain is a country the will drive you mad, frustrate you, infuriate you. I have to admit that apart from the weather, I can't think of much about Spain that's better than the UK. 

So is Spain shit? Absolutely a matter of opinion.

This message was last edited by Fartharder on 12/12/2013.

Like 1      
13 Dec 2013 2:20 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

A great answer, Fartharder.  There are things that I love about living in Spain and things that I dislike (enough not to want to buy a place there).  Although there are things that I love about living in the UK and there are things I dislike, I have property here because I have more trust in the legal system in the UK than I do in Spain...and not because I don't understand the legal system in Spain; we did have a property there for a few years.  

Like 1      
13 Dec 2013 2:26 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Spain S***...Then leave...…Come back to the S*** UK ....Then you can moan that the UK is S*** ....S*** weather... S*** taxes... S*** prices... S*** government... S*** laws... S*** immigrants....You know, all the things that the Brits left the UK for, just to go to S*** Spain.

Why do we love Spain sometimes? Because the UK is S*** all the time...…Ins't that why you left in the first place?

Like 3      
13 Dec 2013 2:45 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

There is better regulation and legislation in UK, particularly with consumer rights;get into a pickle with the utilities in Spain and you're on your own.No watchdog,  few consumer organisations -pay up or get turned off. Take someone to court and the lawyers fees wil mean you could get less than the compensation-if you ever win!

UK inheritance tax laws mean the surviving spouse isn't  robbed to pay the tax as in Spain.the taxation system in Spain is so complex, even accountants can't understand it.

Prices in UK- it's not that cheap here either

Don't even mention corruption-if its not on your CV you won't reach high office here.

As for immigrants-Spain is full of them, they are called ex pats! The difference is we put in more money than we take out!

Weather in Spain is overrated-it's nice to have the sun, but  there is sahara rain,torrential rain and high winds, earth tremors to contend with.To hear some estate agents speak you would think  this was the Maldives.

Like 4      
13 Dec 2013 2:49 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

bloody hilarious, love it

Like 2      
13 Dec 2013 3:40 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

There is better regulation and legislation in UK, particularly with consumer rights;get into a pickle with the utilities in Spain and you're on your own.No watchdog,  few consumer organisations -pay up or get turned off. Take someone to court and the lawyers fees wil mean you could get less than the compensation-if you ever win!

UK inheritance tax laws mean the surviving spouse isn't  robbed to pay the tax as in Spain.the taxation system in Spain is so complex, even accountants can't understand it.

Prices in UK- it's not that cheap here either

Don't even mention corruption-if its not on your CV you won't reach high office here.

As for immigrants-Spain is full of them, they are called ex pats! The difference is we put in more money than we take out!

Weather in Spain is overrated-it's nice to have the sun, but  there is sahara rain,torrential rain and high winds, earth tremors to contend with.To hear some estate agents speak you would think  this was the Maldives.

Definitely sounds better then I imagined it to be, thought it was a whole lot worse.

Like 3      
13 Dec 2013 6:42 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

I wish to change my word Shit to FrustratIng Mr eyeonspain how do I do this please 

Sorry but interesting feedback its not pergatory I thought it was just me moaning again

Bloody dogs barking tahts my worst gripe.

Love Hugh

ps Why is baz so angry with everything

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 13/12/2013.

Like 2      
13 Dec 2013 9:50 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

ps Why is baz so angry with everything

He's not, he just says things how they are, it's the others that only want to hear what they want to hear.

He will always ask a question if he isn't sure of whats been said no matter how silly it sounds to others.

It's not him thats moaning about Spain, now is it?

Like 2      
14 Dec 2013 12:20 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Why do people have to use bad language to get a point across surely they are not that stupid that their command of the English language is so bad that they cannot think of a less offensive word to get their point or message across

As to whether Spain is bad or not then that is individuals choice but if you think it is bad then there is an easy solution. Maybe some people are bad judges but you always have a choice to try again - just don't blame others for your bad judgement / choice

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts
Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts
car mechanic - 0 posts
How do I open a teaching academy inland Spain - 6 posts
How can i trace the previous owners of our apartment? - 20 posts
Help prevent Mobile phone thefts / EMEI number - 2 posts
small Finca/Villa/Apartment forr very long term rental wanted.. - 0 posts
cancelling residencia - 14 posts
Law 57/68 explained - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x