Paro - Please help!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2013 6:05 PM by carrii123 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I was working in Spain for 11 months until April 2013. I went to the Oficina de empleo to find out about Paro. I was told I needed a  U1 certificate from HMRC to confirm UK contributions as I hadn't been working in Spain for 12 months. I am still waiting for this. I have contacted HMRC who said it will be 2-3 more weeks. I have managed to find work starting this month, but I have had to borrow money over the last few months, believing that I would get the Paro at some point. I cannot find any information on what will happen when I eventually receive this certificate, will I still be able to claim Paro for the 3 months that I have been unemployed, or will it be rejected on the grounds that I am now working? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 8:05 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar
Hi Carril

If you are now employed you can not claim unemployment benefit/paro. The benefit you have accumalated through your last job will roll on over and add on to the benefit you accumalate with your new job. Not until you are unemployed again will you be able to claim on it. To claim you must be made unemployed if you do it voluntarily you cannot claim either. This tally so to speak will be available for six years. Each month of benefit generated will be erased if it is not claimed within 6 years. If you go autonomo you can claim all outstanding benefits in a one off payment to start a business.
Hope this helps...

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts
Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x