RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2013 6:55 AM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi everyone just started looking through the various papers for a good reliable company that installs satellite tv.

Appreciate that it may not be appropriate to name the company openly on the website so any private messages

from people who were very happy with a particular company most grateful for any information.

Looking for a good quality HD system with 1.4m dish.

thanks very much Paul and Chris

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 7:08 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

:LA Satellites fitted ours in Sucina. Very good service and reasonably priced.

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 08/07/2013.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 9:40 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Whichever one you choose, I would wait until September.  This is when the next satellite is due to go on line and, as pointed out by our resident satellite expert, things might change but we won't know until it actually happens.  A 1.4m dish, currently getting all the free to air satellite channels, might lose a few and you would have to upgrade to a larger dish.  Though this seems unlikely in your area. it would be wise to check then rather than spend around €300 odd euros on something that may not work after a couple of months.  (Murcia and the CB appears to be unaffected by the changes so far but the CDS has been.  My neighbour had a 1m dish fitted 2 years ago and then had to change to a 1.4m dish earlier this year as he lost a few of the channels like C4 and C5.  Waiting with bated breath until September)

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 11:15 AM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks very much guys for the advice.  Have seen comments already about new satellite and information about 1.4 m dish likely to be suitable for my area.  Good advice to wait and see what happens and nice to hear good recommendation from bobaol.

Any other recommendations direct from satisfied customers most welcome.

regards Paul

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 1:38 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Rainbow satellites

YPM

Both advertise in local free press

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 3:12 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

we have our t.v. via satellite from teleast who are based in

los alcazares.

BUT we pay a monthly fee of 22 euros.

we have been with them for 3 years now and are a decent

company.

coolyes

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 3:32 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Having had the satellite system installed a few years ago, we pay NOTHING for our tv-all channels fine. Is your company a re broadcaster if so, NOT a good idea.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 8:48 AM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Yes we are with a re-broadcast company and no major complaints against them.  They are obviously a successful company and no axe to grind just looking at reducing finances.  We are with them for phone and internet also but like to keep our options open if anyone has good recommendations for these facilities as well?

cheers Paul and Chris

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 12:05 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi camposal

yes it is a re-broadcast company, but why

not a good idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have our t.v. channels and when it goes wrong they usually

send an engineer very quickly.

coolyes

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 1:04 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
We have been with Teleast for 4 years now and have no complaints The engineer has always dealt with any problems promptly We had little option as we have no space for a large dish We live here permanently but I understand you can suspend payments now if you are going back and forth to the UK

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 3:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I thought re broadcasting was illegal;remember Telmicro?

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 3:23 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
You may be correct Camposol but some of us do not have a choice if we want to watch English tv!

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 4:13 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

You  won't have UK tv at all if the police do what they did to Telmicro.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 4:18 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
I understand that was for tax evasion If this happens we will have to suffer Spanish game shows & heated discussion programmes again Although to be fair there are some good films available

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 4:18 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
Reply duplicated
This message was last edited by scubamike on 09/07/2013.
This message was last edited by scubamike on 09/07/2013.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 4:54 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I have satellite upstairs and down in my house. All with a good reception from my pace box. I take my white Sky card over with me when I visit. Can't do without my injection of OF&H each day on Gold

I also have Spanish TV with Spanish freeview.

Not mentioned before or I may have missed it.

But imported programes from UK and USA dubbed into Spanish. The Spanish dubbing can be removed by a press of a button on the Remote. I have watched CSI, NCIS, Top Gear  Plus a few more.

Forgot to say that I get iplayer & You tube through one of my boxes connected to the internet

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 09/07/2013.

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 09/07/2013.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2013 7:59 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

As I understand it, to REbroadcast BBC, ITV etc. you need a licence from the BBC or ITV etc. As far as I know nobody in Spain has this licence. Therefore all re-broadcasters are in breach of licencing laws. It is perfectally legal to receive free to air channels via freesat or similar so long as you do not rebroadcast it or charge for it. It is against the individual contract one has with, say, Sky to use the card outside the U.K. However if one is not here for a long time (it used to be 3 months) then so long as you don't connect the box to the internet then the chances of being caught are very small.

To answer the original question is it would be inadvisable to sign up to someone like teleast or other similar rebroadcasters as there is a chance that at some time they will be shut down by the authorities as they are blatently breaking the licencing rules. The only LEGAL way to receive UK tv in Spain is by way of your own satellite and either use a freesat box from the UK or get a non dedicated box here. Of course you can receive UK tv via the computer but that needs an expert to guide you.

I used to be with telemicro via teleast. When telemicro started having 'trouble' teleast said that they had now gone to a different 'supplier' and to change to them it would cost me circa €30. I decided to stay with telemicro and as a 'thankyou' they gave me free service for a few months. Then when the authorities (tax and police) took them off air teleast then said that if I now wished to switch to them it would cost me about €250! Talk about ripping off the Brits. As such I would not give them another cent and would rather not have any 'British' tv rather than make them even richer.

I am not a lawyer and as such the above is only my understanding of the rules. If anyone does know the exact rules and can quote them please correct me.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 8:51 AM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks once again for interesting and contrasting views and of course

always helpful to be compare information and definately don't want it to become a heated debate in anyway.

Keen to hear any comments if possible about peoples phone usage and internet ie. who they are with, why

etc.   As I said earlier we have all 3;  tv, internet and home phone with same company and need good advice on

alternatives.  By the way we do not have a fixed land line (at the moment) and no idea of costs to install one

or even what the benefits are.

cheers Paul

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 11:13 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Have you tried a chap called Mr Sky TV in Spain? i haven't, because i bought the whole package of a chap in Spain for a one off set amount fitted with no monthly fee's,  we can get every channel we need plus some, at the time i paid 350.00€ for the whole lot, perhaps they are cheaper now?   the Mr Sky website and youtube bit they do looks very good, worth the look i would say.

I am of the understanding that all Sky cards are set to the main box you pay your monthly subs to with Sky and can't be changed over without calling Sky to lock the card to the new or second box, otherwise the Sky box becomes only a freeview box.

I do know because friends had their TV shut down that re-broadcasted TV sites and any monthly to them ain't worth the bother or the waste of money in the long run.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 1:08 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi Baz

You say

I am of the understanding that all Sky cards are set to the main box you pay your monthly subs to with Sky and can't be changed over without calling Sky to lock the card to the new or second box, otherwise the Sky box becomes only a freeview box.

Why for the last 10 years have I been able to, first take my Sky Blue card and later my Sky White card put them into both of my boxes in the house in Spain and get all the programmes I get back in UK.(Not Movies or Sport) I do not subscribe to them. I am never at my house for more that 2 weeks at a time.

Interesting

When I return to the UK I put the card back into my UK box and it works fine

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts
Burglaries-is gassing a myth? - 14 posts
RECOVERED FUNDS TERCIA REAL - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x