RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2013 1:34 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi Baz

You say

I am of the understanding that all Sky cards are set to the main box you pay your monthly subs to with Sky and can't be changed over without calling Sky to lock the card to the new or second box, otherwise the Sky box becomes only a freeview box.

Why for the last 10 years have I been able to, first take my Sky Blue card and later my Sky White card put them into both of my boxes in the house in Spain and get all the programmes I get back in UK.(Not Movies or Sport) I do not subscribe to them. I am never at my house for more that 2 weeks at a time.

Interesting

When I return to the UK I put the card back into my UK box and it works fine

Hi.

Haven't a clue why, all i know is that i bought a new top of the range Sky box, took it to my house in Spain with my white subsciption card in the UK, plugged it in with the card in place, and after a little messing about with it all i got was the basic free view TV, i gave the box to a friend in Spain, no point bringing it back, he did what i did and got the same, freeview, and he is still getting just freeview on this box.

I got in touch with Sky via the internet and the live chat thing they do and was told every box has it's own locked in card, one box, one card etc, in the UK i have the Sky that costs me about £25ish a month, records, etc. Other then this i know no more about TV stuff, so i got the free channels + dish for Spain which is more then good enough. 

I was told by the Sky chap when he fitted the system in the UK house that i could take the card with me to Spain, but all i know is it didn't work, and that seems to be because it was in a different registered Sky box.

Yes it seems it will work only for freeview but nothing else.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 3:27 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Usually a Sky card will work in ANY sky box for all channels apart from Sky Sports, Sky Movies and Sky HD channels which are "locked" into the cards "home / paired" box.

So you should be able to receive the "free to air / non sky card channels" like BBC ITV C4 and Fives on any box even with no card,

and, with an active Sky subscription card, along with the standard definition Sky "entertainment and Entertainment Extra" channels - like Sky One, Atlantic, Dave etc...that you pay for.

I can see this as I am currently using my card in another Sky box to test and check this! Even though the clowns at Sky Customer Services still say you cannot get ANY Sky pay channels when using a Sky card in another box. But you can.

With regards to the new satellite and "September" - things are on hold. The new satellite, 2E, was scheduled for launch on the 20th July - but has been delayed for a few months due to a previous rocket launch at the launch site "going a bit wrong" and "returning to earth with its cargo with a bang". Until the problems has been resolved - no more launches from that site for a while. And when the satellite is launched, there will be about a month or two of testing before it is positioned and transmitting channels. So the so called "September switch off date" has been delayed.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 3:54 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Thanks for that satandpcguy.

Perhaps i bought a duff box, always thought the "Made in China" crap was top class though, going back soon so will take another box and the same card, see what happens this time.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2013 9:15 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

I am planning to take my skybox out to Los Alcazares on our first visit to our new property. It he house is a townhouse with solarium and I will need a new dish with a cable run to the lounge.

How much should I expect to pay for dish and installation?

Thanks for advice as always

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts
Burglaries-is gassing a myth? - 14 posts
RECOVERED FUNDS TERCIA REAL - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x