The Three Wise Men were from Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2012 12:49 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I have just read about the new Jesus of Nazareth book by Pope Benedict XVI. He has just dampened Christmas spirits by saying the three wise men were not from the Orient but from a kingdom called Tarsis which is believed to be in the region of Seville or Huelva. He also mentions that there were no animals in the nativity; no donkeys, no camels, no cattle and no ox, rubbishing the traditional nativity scene after everyone has already put it up! And that the Angels certainly didn't sing to the shepherds when Christ was born trashing our much loved "hark the herald....."  and that it is very unlikely that there were "Sheep in the bleak mid winter" : if the shepherds had truly been watching their flocks by night, it is highly unlikely they would have done so in the bitter cold. They would have watched them night, and day, during the lambing season in spring. From this falsehood the tradition of carols was born" the Pope says. As far as Spain is concerned how will it now celebrate the three kings?Their much beloved Epiphany has just been turned upside down!  He mentions " in the gospels there is no mention of any animals, its probably an invention". So the three wise men weren't actually that wise after all and probably walked to Bethlehem following a star........ 2000km in 11 days from the heart of Andalusia. However to everyone's relief he stated that Mary was definitely a virgin and was conceived with the holy spirit alone. He was very firm on that point and didn't doubt it in the slightest. He also mentioned that no one should be removing the cattle or the donkeys or the ox from the Nativity scenes, tradition is tradition and even though it is  falsehood they should stay!!! :) mmmm I suppose "little donkey, little donkey" was an invention too!

He is expected to sell millions of copies and it has taken him over a decade to reach these conclusions and get them down on paper. 

Start reserving your copy now!

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 13/12/2012.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 1:22 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

loltastic

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 9:30 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

Strange 10 years to put that down on paper ? How about Jesus was an Alien, took me 3 seconds to make that one up, un 20 seconds more to type.....

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 12:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The book cannot be true, three wise men in Spain !!!!

Pity their ancestors are not programers with Hacienda !!!!!

Sorry just joking

This message was last edited by johnzx on 13/12/2012.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 5:21 PM by dakey Star rating in Manchester(Miggleton.... 2607 posts Send private message

It just shows you what a load of old codswallop religion of all types is. I will make my own mind up on the hereafter thank you with no help required from someone schooled in the Hitler youth corps!

Dakey

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 5:49 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

That is hilarious!!! LOL

No cattle, no ox and no camel !!   I bet they never thought they were going to get fired!

3 more on the dole!  what a joke! Is he serious? The angels really didn't sing down to the shephards??

This message was last edited by mac75 on 13/12/2012.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 8:23 AM by leoleon Star rating in Estepona. 38 posts Send private message

Also no mention of the fairy on top of the Christmas Tree?

Boy this is going to be a confusing Christmas. 

I wish now that I had been brought up with a Star on the top of the tree. 

That would have stood the test of time and the Pope's book.

Wonder where the proceeds of the book will go.? Tee Hee..!!

Whatever your beliefs, I wish you all a peaceful and joyful Christmas.

Cheers

Leo

P.S.  Contemplation reminds me that the Christians borrowed the Pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

It is most unlikely that Jesus was born on the 25th December anyway, so maybe the shepherds were out and about.

Anyway Jesus was what the Greeks decided to called him. In his own land he was called Yeshua.

Google Earth measures 3,860Km from Seville to Bethlehem.... as the crow flies. Triple that by foot.

In 11 days? Now that's a miracle in itself.!      And they say Santa is a myth. A likely story.

This message was last edited by leoleon on 15/12/2012.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 9:19 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

oh bugger you've ruined my Christmas now! roflmfao!

Talk about make it up as you go along, another chapter in the fairy story hahahahahahahahahah.

And all this from a man who supports paedos.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 10:01 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Sorry to dampen everyones Christmas spirits and confuse things! It's all just so ridiculous and instead of wasting time "proving" the "facts", the Church should spend more time on "values" and helping those who are in need. I'd like to know where the revenues from the book are going to go... the first print will be 1,000,000 copies! I really can't fathom out why he would even worry about the whether there were animals or not in the nativity scene. Why bother? Does it really matter where the Kings came from? Maybe he should sdtart to research how the Kings travelled those 3860km on foot in 11 days. Leoleon you are right it is a miracle in itself and maybe they should be canonized be called the Three Spanish Saints  :)

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
16 Dec 2012 6:49 AM by leoleon Star rating in Estepona. 38 posts Send private message

Dear FoxiLady please help me to remove one little confusion before Christmas.

explain ..roflmfao! (if it's printable?)

MG ( i.e muchas gracias)

Cheers

Leo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone know of a Chimney Sweep in The Sotogrande area? - 4 posts
Really Good Value Christmas Day Meal - 0 posts
Coming to Formentera Del Segura and question please! - 2 posts
Non-Resident Tax, what you need to know - 0 posts
Need help - 2 posts
proof of income for nie number - 3 posts
Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts
Graphic Designers or Gifted Amateurs - 0 posts
The best accommodation at Madrid or Seville - 0 posts
Transferring National Insurance payment from UK to Spain related to Pensions - 3 posts
Paying errears using the Form 210 'La Renta' tax - 1 posts
ood Shopping/Villa Provision Service on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
At last printed off my 210 tax return using chrome - 8 posts
TRAMPOLÍN - A MONUMENTAL FRAUD - 6 posts
Please search first before posting a question - 0 posts
Driving Licence Change - David Rowe Spain - 0 posts
The unknown - 16 posts
buying a car in spain - 1 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x