At last printed off my 210 tax return using chrome

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Dec 2012 11:29 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This may be of assistance. 

I tried to do the return using Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.

I am fairly competent  with computers but I had problem after problem.  I need not explain any of them but I spent hours on it.

I finally downloaded Google CHROME and lo and behold it all worked as it should have,  ( including making copies etc so I could go back and corcet errors) and I have now printed off the 5 pages (2 are  just instructions)

Like 0      
10 Dec 2012 12:02 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Now try paying it.  My bank would not accept mine - with or without etiquetas.  I ended up sending it to the Agencia Tributaria with a cheque.  They can do want they want with it.

I have complained to the Defensor del Pueblo but have not yet had a reply.  Perhaps others might like to do the same.  TYhe more complaints they have, the more effective it will be.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2012 12:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Having paid it through my bank for 20 odd years, both for myself and sons,  I think it should be OK .  But we will see tomorrow

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/12/2012.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2012 6:23 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

John don't forget and for daughters in law.......

Like 0      
11 Dec 2012 9:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am reasonably computer literate.

Having spent three days trying to complete form 210  (4 returns) even after I had managed the first one using Chrome, I still had problems with the remaining three returns.

Having discussed my experience with a computer programmer with a major international company,  I am completely of the opinion that Hacienda should sack the person who wrote their program and,  either get a professional to re-write it, or go back to the hard copies ASAP.

As person who ‘feels’ Spanish I am embarrassed for ‘my country.’

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/12/2012.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/12/2012.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2012 9:41 AM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Perhaps you could get your local Parliamentary representative involved.  I shall write to my MEP (although in the past he's been worse than useless).

Like 0      
11 Dec 2012 9:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Norm

If I was in the UK I would do that, however, in Spain as we unabale to vote in the National Elections we don’t have much of a voice. 

( I do use my vote in local ellections and in EU ones).

Howver, I really think that trying and get my MEP (whoever that may be) involved would take more effort than it took to do the returns. 

Next year, if the problems still exist,  I will give up sooner and use a gestor.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2012 1:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Norm, 
                Apart from the queue in the bank, no problem paying the four amounts.

But, just to confuse everything.

The guy behind me in the queue had the forms which be bought from Hacienda last year and which he had filled in, in ink and had stuck the bar code labels on, complete with the envelopes.   

You have guessed it. 

After a little questioning of her colleagues, by the cashier, his payment went through.

I gave him my card and asked him to let me know if he subsquently has any problems.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2012 7:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

After a little questioning of her colleagues, by the cashier, his payment went through.

I gave him my card and asked him to let me know if he subsquently has any problems.

The guy called me today.  He had confirmed with his solicitor that he cannot pay using the old froms. Hef informed the bank today. and is trying to do it online.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/12/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TRAMPOLÍN - A MONUMENTAL FRAUD - 6 posts
Please search first before posting a question - 0 posts
Driving Licence Change - David Rowe Spain - 0 posts
The unknown - 16 posts
buying a car in spain - 1 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 1 posts
Internet Slang - 1 posts
New in the forum - 2 posts
New Group on Facebook - 1 posts
rezoning of Commercial Property to Residental use - 0 posts
Flea market at Hipodromo - 6 posts
From Thailand to Spain. Good idea or not? - 41 posts
Majestic Hills - 1 posts
Shouldn't Spanish schools all teach in Spanish (Castilian)? - 22 posts
Living in Spain and managing a UK business - 2 posts
Loss of Sky TV! - 3 posts
Spanish contract law question - Malaga airline - 0 posts
Guard Dog for sale! - 0 posts
Camelot and the EuroMillions - 3 posts
Car Hire Costa del Sol - 1 posts
New here in Alicante/Murcia and have heard about stock car racing! - 0 posts
aifos and 57/68 - 0 posts
non resident tax on property - 6 posts
Residency and taxes - 12 posts
Claiming ESA AND DLA in spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x