La Torre Polaris World restaurants

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
Hi has anyone got any feedback on the restaurants at The La Torre Polaris World site murcia?

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 10:22 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

yep they are a fortune and nothing great!!

gerry

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 4:19 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Gerry,

I would have to agree with you that the Restaurant in the clubhouse is very dear and the food is rubbish. Have you visited any of the new restaurants in the Town Centre yet. Are they as dear and is the food any good?

Regards,

David Courtney.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 7:50 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

The Italian opened this week and one person said the place was great but the food was so so. Service was not so good. He said meal for 3 was 40E

The Tapas bar and Irish bar are due to open next week.

We had a meal at the Encina last week (the only restaurant open until this week) It was the buffet at 29 E (half that for children) We thought the service was good and the food was good too. We sat outside and had amazing view of the lake at sunset. Lots of choice. If you read the Polaris forum, there is lots of info on this matter. It seems it is very hit and miss though. One time good, next time, very poor.

However, as it's a buffet, and a bit pricey,  you wouldnt want to eat there too often.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 8:32 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

hi David

I was in the restaurant  the tapas bar  and the sports bar all were almost ready for opening but when I was there they were not quite ready. The quality of the place is great but the clubhouse prices  wow!!  We went out to collect tapas one night and brought it back to the apt. We got it at the 3 hermanos. Normally I would never go into a place like that but when inside it was spotless and had a great selection of ready cooked food We fed four adults with loads left for 40euros. I would do that again or even sit in. It was full of the local Spanish folks. So thats a good sign..

regards

gerry

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 3:22 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi Gerry,

Where is the 3 hermanos located.

Regards,

David

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 8:48 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

3 hermanos is oppsite the mosa trajectum service station.

gerry

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 5:49 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks Gerry,

Regards,

David Courtney

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 11:34 AM by PhilipN Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

We've been to La Encina a few times for the buffet. The range of food has definitely been "dumbed down" from 8-9 months ago. The new Polaris red house wine (their own label) is aweful.

Also on three occasions I have reserved a specific table only to find one of the waiters has let someone else have it. The manager apologises each time but clealy hasn't got his staff organised.

Inside the air-con is too cold...you complain and they say it's computerised. We will go again but not regularly.

Has anyone tried the restaurants at other golf resorts ie Serena ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benalmadena Restaurants - 5 posts
Completition Date at Alandlus Thalassa - 4 posts
Webcam - 2 posts
Trust Issues - 15 posts
I still need to buy a shower screen - 1 posts
Arrivng In Malaga Airport - 0 posts
BLACK MONEY PROBLEMS - 84 posts
official shop holidays - 10 posts
Urbanisation - 30 posts
Long Term rental Salobrena area Costa Tropical - 2 posts
Spanish August Holiday - 5 posts
Hello Can you help? - 5 posts
Anyone noticed we can now see the last 20 posts. - 6 posts
Reputable Air conditioning companies - 0 posts
Boxing Clubs - 0 posts
UK Made Ladies Bicycle - 0 posts
Transferring Back To Uk - 0 posts
new to spain-Montevideo Hills - 1 posts
ribera del marlin - 1 posts
Legal Secretary – Gibraltar - 1 posts
Experienced Administrator – Marbella - 2 posts
GETTING ON THE INTERNET!! - 15 posts
YOUR OPINION AND VOICE TO HUMA. - 33 posts
Mobile phone talking phrasebook !! - 9 posts
BMW 2.8L CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE ON CDS - 30 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x