Groupama Seguros Home Insurance.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2012 11:17 PM by esther114216 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this home insurance? My Bankia agent sold this insurance to me.

My water boiler caused water damage to my neighbours downstairs. I reported the case on January 2012. The adjusters have visited the two apartments below . They said they are going to repair them within 10 days. Meanwhile it has been over 3 weeks and nobody comes. Please help.

Like 0      
19 May 2012 11:23 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Hiya Esther

I have insured my house and contents with Groupama for 8 years.   They are a big company - I believe in the top 10 of insurers.  Unfortunately I did have to make a major claim in Sept 2009 when my property flooded badly after the Mar Menor area suffered with the Gota Frio.  I have to be honest I did find them very helpful and although the local govenment/consortium took responsibility for all the claims - as a go between they were able to advise and assist.  They did originally organise the assesors who helped me with the paperwork that I had to submit.  I was eventually re-imbursed after 4 months.  If I was you I would chase them along a little.

I hope it works out for you.

Good luck.

Sandra.

Like 0      
20 May 2012 1:01 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Ester,

With respect, your approach may be wrong.   In simple terms, your home insurance covers your property - your neighbour should claim on their insurance.  You seem to be assuming that the public liability section of your policy should kick-in and your insurers should automatically pay the bill.  It doesn't work like that.

As in most things in Spain there are some curious practices, so you may be successful, but I doubt it.  Your neighbour should claim off their policy and not involve you or your insurers.

I don't know the full details, but as a general legal principle you are unlikely to be held liable for the incident outlined either in UK or Spain.   So from Groupama's point of view why should they pay for something for which you are not liable ?  Clearly they have misled you and their communication skills are lacking, but that's just the Spanish way.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reported tax amnesty - 2 posts
Narrow boat - Spanish Property Swap/Part-exchange! - 5 posts
No Brits please! - 33 posts
Travel - 1 posts
Hyundai H1 (large 7 seater) - 0 posts
Do you pay your President - 17 posts
SEAT LEON STYLANCE 1.9TDI, FOR SALE! - 2 posts
Spanish Car Insurance for trip to UK - 4 posts
One way van hire recomendation. - 3 posts
Removal from Spain to France - 14 posts
WANTED FLAT SCREEN TV AND FREE SAT BOX / FURNITURE - 1 posts
Can we get a refund if we don't fly - 31 posts
wanted. bunk beds - 1 posts
my properties for sale. - 7 posts
15ft Fourwinns powerboat for sale - 0 posts
Motorbike for Sale -Bargain! - 1 posts
professional administrators for community of owners - 6 posts
swimming pool electrical and water costs - 25 posts
How A Cricket Player - 0 posts
Who Is Eyeonspain.es? - 2 posts
Will the property market ever recover - 80 posts
Bankia - 0 posts
Man and a Van to Murcia - 4 posts
Sunday Opening Hours - Supermarkets - 5 posts
Calling a meeting / Employing workers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x