Removal from Spain to France

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2012 2:51 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Any recommendations for a removal company from Costa Azahar to the Dordogne ?

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 May 2012 3:31 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hmmm Poppyseed,

how about don't do it it is cold and wet there.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
11 May 2012 7:08 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Norman, I was wondering about you yesterday! The current temps in the Dordogne are in the 20's right now so thats warm enough for me and a bit of rain keeps the rolling hills green and feeds all the lovely vines that will be surrounding us. Winters can be a bit chilly but we can decamp to Spain then.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 May 2012 1:34 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Poppyseed,

how very fortunate for you, I did once look at the area but found it to be full of english wanting to sell me their villas, no market venue was safe from them.

I am going over soon to a genuine French village/hamlet for a few weeks holiday about an hour inland from La Rochelle called La Popinere.

The owner claims that they have had months of rain and cold but it has now warmed up.

What have you bought?

Good luck with the move.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
12 May 2012 6:20 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Norman,   'Spacious Country House Set In Paradise'   was the estate agents description and we think it is! A 4 bed stone house with 3/4 acre garden in a small hamlet of 5 houses, 3km from nearest village surrounded by rolling countryside with wonderful views. It is 30 mins from Bergerac and about an hour from Bordeaux.

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 12/05/2012.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 May 2012 7:31 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hi Poppyseed,

sounds great, smaller even than La Popinere, ex-farmhouse by the sounds of things - give the forum a treat and post some pictures please.

Has it all been modernisde or have you some work to do?

When is the house-warming?

At my age I can always stretch a holiday.

We have some ex-pat drop-outs from Spain staying at the moment and they are finding it cold here.

Best Regards

Norman

Like 0      
13 May 2012 1:38 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Norman, the house is structurally sound and been well maintained and has new windows but an elderly lady has lived in it for years so it's a bit old fashioned  so there are a lot of changes we want to make to it to suit us. One of the attractions was it isn't 'rambling' and what we want to do shouldn't be too complicated. I'll let you know when the housewarming is...!!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
13 May 2012 11:10 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hi Poppyseed,

sounds good, if you want a qualified idiot expert to look it over you have only to ask, even without the housewarming.

All the best

Norman

Like 0      
14 May 2012 10:22 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Thanks Norman.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
27 May 2012 1:06 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Any recommendations for a removal company from Costa Azahar to the Dordogne ? Was there an EOS member who did removals?

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 4:48 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Our removal to France is complete (still keeping Spanish house). In the absence of any recommendations we took a leap of faith and used Jimbo the Scot who I found through EOS. They did a great job, it was amazing they didn't moan or groan. chunner or tut tut once (and there were some heavy awkward pieces) service with a smile all the way and they worked their schedule to fit in with us. Thanks Jim and Arthur, would happily recommend you.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 6:33 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

congatulations, well done

have you moved your bank account there as well?

the Spanish bank and euro thread seems to suggest it might be wise

different euros seems daft somehow

but what do I know?

Best Regards

Norman

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 9:27 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Norman, we will keep an account in Spain for Spanish bills but have only ever kept the minimum necessary in it, we now also have a French account for the same reason and again will only keep the minimum needed.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 2:50 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Oh Dear, wrong again,

I visit France every year but never go to Germany, I was hoping my few euros would be safe in France since I am not keen on changing them back to sterling at current rates, but with Mr King's QE mission perhaps 1.26 is a very good rate indeed and perhaps wont be bettered by hanging on??????

You may well be right again.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
15 Jul 2012 7:17 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

Hi Poppyseed,

Many thanks for the kind words,most appreciated.

We made it to Caen in time for our ferry,been all the way up to Scotland and now working back South loading up. Will be back in the sunshine next week.

All the best in your new home and hope the alterations go smoothly.

Regards  Jimbo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WANTED FLAT SCREEN TV AND FREE SAT BOX / FURNITURE - 1 posts
Can we get a refund if we don't fly - 31 posts
wanted. bunk beds - 1 posts
my properties for sale. - 7 posts
15ft Fourwinns powerboat for sale - 0 posts
Motorbike for Sale -Bargain! - 1 posts
professional administrators for community of owners - 6 posts
swimming pool electrical and water costs - 25 posts
How A Cricket Player - 0 posts
Who Is Eyeonspain.es? - 2 posts
Will the property market ever recover - 80 posts
Bankia - 0 posts
Man and a Van to Murcia - 4 posts
Sunday Opening Hours - Supermarkets - 5 posts
Calling a meeting / Employing workers - 0 posts
pet freindly places to stay - 1 posts
Costaluz, Maria L. de Castro did it again! - 7 posts
EU Citizens, Passports, and JSA - 6 posts
Hi im Louise - 4 posts
Mobile American Hoit Dog Cart....... - 1 posts
Anyone completed modelo 576 online? - 0 posts
Cucador Almeria - 3 posts
Non resident tax - 19 posts
Is there added salt in bottled water - 4 posts
Need a Family estate car - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x