Who Is Eyeonspain.es?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2012 2:58 AM by elviriadreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

elviriadreamer´s avatar

www.bing.com/search  

I typed eyeonspain into my browser which takes me to the bing search page. Usually only eyeonspain.com comes up, but this one came up today (3rd one down) linked to here. I did a search and can find no registrant records. Is this eyeonspain.com branching out?

Like 0      
09 May 2012 2:39 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

It's not us!  Someone registered the domain a while back and it looks like they are using it for some car hire stuff now.

The funniest one I once had was that someone had registered eyeonbulgaria.com and they told me that if I developed the site, marketed it, etc, then we could earn some money from it and split the profits!  So they just registered the domain name and expected me to do all the work and they would take 50%.  Cheeky so and so 

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
09 May 2012 4:13 PM by elviriadreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

elviriadreamer´s avatar

That is what I thought Justin. Hence checking...at least you are aware. I have found 22 cloned/hijacked sites this week so obviously on the increase and all website owners need to be aware. They will also make use of the sites email addresses (changing http headers etc to send mass spam so it looks like the owners). How cheeky as you say! Although the site has been registered some while clearly it has only just made it to search results. I HOPE NO-ONE USES THIS TO HIRE CARS AS THE CHANCES ARE IT'S NOT ABOVE BOARD. There are also quite a few sites for property management/apartment rental (Malaga/Valencia/Murcia) but not sure if legit yet so will not put the addresses.

Eyeonbulgaria has no ring to it LOL. Why should you do the work and they get 50%. You do a good job on your own.

*note to self* must stop trying to solve mysteries as it is a drain on health!  When did the internet become so murky. The sad thing is this is not the old 419'ers...but others.

Best Wishes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will the property market ever recover - 80 posts
Bankia - 0 posts
Man and a Van to Murcia - 4 posts
Sunday Opening Hours - Supermarkets - 5 posts
Calling a meeting / Employing workers - 0 posts
pet freindly places to stay - 1 posts
Costaluz, Maria L. de Castro did it again! - 7 posts
EU Citizens, Passports, and JSA - 6 posts
Hi im Louise - 4 posts
Mobile American Hoit Dog Cart....... - 1 posts
Anyone completed modelo 576 online? - 0 posts
Cucador Almeria - 3 posts
Non resident tax - 19 posts
Is there added salt in bottled water - 4 posts
Need a Family estate car - 2 posts
ITV Car test - 13 posts
HEATING SPANISH APARTMENT - 5 posts
jill - 8 posts
Maureen Hoskin - 0 posts
angina medication in spain - 0 posts
Tree Cutting Licence - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts
Gibraltar Border - 3 posts
QROPS Pensions - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x