Registering on the EU Citizens Register (replaced the Residencia) The form in English

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

THE APPLICATION FORM

Section 1
NIE PAS/NIF ignore
1st Surname (or only)     2nd surname
First names    H = male M = female
Date of birth    Town of birth    Country of birth
Fathers first name    Mothers first name
Your nationality   Status C married V widowed D Divorced SP Separated
Address in Spain:  the Road,   Number,  Floor number (if in a block)
Town     Post code   Province
Telephone No.     Email

Section 2
If your representative is doing it this is their section, ignore

Section 3
Where correspondence should be sent, so as in section 1

Section 4
What are you applying for, tick box

Sign and then,  in boxes below
 box I is the place you are signing it so say, Fuengirola,
box 2 Date so maybe 1st 
box 3 April,
box 4   2012
Last line   say Fuengirola    Prov. Malaga

(In Spain it is the practice to show where you are (the town)  when you sign forms.  It also the practice to show your parents first names, even if they died years before)

Like 0      
07 May 2012 7:06 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

Refuse to give the information on parents. They have zero right under the EU Directives to require it.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 8:10 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Refuse to give the information on parents. They have zero right under the EU Directives to require it.

What a strange thing to say 66d

That my mothers name was Margaret and my father’s Albert does not seem to me the biggest secret I would want to keep !!!!!   And now you all know it too !!!!!

Asking the first names of parents is normal procedure in Spain on practically every official document.  I do not believe it to be sinister but just a measure, which was probably introduced to distinguish people from one another with the same names, a real problem in small Spanish communities. 

That is the reason, the Police in UK and been asking Cypriots the same question for about 50 years.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 8:42 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

It is irrelevant what "the practice in Spain" is.

What is relevant is what they are lawfully permitted to ask before issuing the certificate. The rules on that are crystal clear and questions on parentage are not one of them.

It is not at all strange that I actually believe that if they wish to remain in the EU, they must stick to the rules they signed up to, and not simply invent new ones and expect everyone to comply.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 9:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry guys.

I posted this to help people complete the application.

I hope it does not get lost in posts (going off  on tangents) which do not assist in that.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 11:41 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

johnzx... Thanks for the post. Now for another bit of thread drift...

66dd35...

quote... What is relevant is what they are lawfully permitted to ask before issuing the certificate.

C'mon lets not get into yet another p*ssing contest on this forum...

In the UK, when you apply for a new first issue passport, you are required to attend an interview with an officer of the IPS. This takes the form of a formal Q&A session during which time the officer may ask question relating to a number of factors including details of your National Insurance number, your bank account details, your credit and debit card details, parental details, how long you have been at your present address, virtually anything they like down to how ofter you change your underwear and where you hang it out to dry. The IPS are looking to extend this Q&A session to passport renewals too. If you dont pass the interview you dont get the Passport. Personnel at UK Job Centres advise people drawing JSA and prospective candidates for jobs overseas not to apply for a passport because they will be unlikely to pass the IPS interview.

Are UK civil servants allowed to do this? According to EU law probably not BUT the fact remains that they do and can screw you around as much as they please and all with UK Government approval.

When one applies for Registration on the EU Citizens Register one does so at the Extranjeros Office of the National Police. Are you seriously going to argue the toss with a civil servant knowing that you are surrounded by armed police? The best that will happen is that you will be asked to leave... the alternatives dont bear thinking about!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 May 2012 12:22 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

If you don't want to put your parents names down, you can enter s/n (sin novedad) and they accept it.  I don't, however, think they are making up rules as these were in place long before the EU.  Still, much better for the expats to get the Spanish to change their rules, isn't it?  One of the reasons we Brits no longer have those useful little ID cards that came with residencia and now have to cart our passports around with us everywhere we go.  Which begs the question, why do you have to carry ID in Spain but not in UK?  Ah, these silly little rules that apply to everybody, Spanish included.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 12:55 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

foxbat, i'm genuinely intrigued:

"Personnel at UK Job Centres advise people drawing JSA and prospective candidates for jobs overseas not to apply for a passport because they will be unlikely to pass the IPS interview."

why would they be unlikely to get a passport - and how would they get the job overseas without one?

Like 0      
07 May 2012 1:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

THE APPLICATION FORM

Section 1
NIE PAS/NIF ignore
1st Surname (or only surname)     2nd surname (if you have one)
First names                                        H = male M = female
Date of birth                                        Town of birth                           Country of birth
Fathers first name                             Mothers first name
Your nationality                                   Status C married V widowed D Divorced SP Separated
Address in Spain:  the Road,           Number,                                   Floor number (if in a block)
Town                                                     Post code                                 Province
Telephone No.                                    Email

Section 2
If your representative is doing it,  this is their section,  if you are doing it then ignore this

Section 3
Where correspondence should be sent, so probably as in section 1

Section 4

box I                is the place you are signing it so say, Fuengirola,
box 2                Date,     so maybe 1st 
box 3                maybe April,
box 4                maybe 2012
Last line          say Fuengirola         Prov. Malaga

(In Spain it is the practice to show where you are (the town)  when you sign forms.  It also the practice to show your parents first names, even if they died years before)

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/05/2012.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 4:20 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Guy...See separate thread... EU Citizens, Passports, and JSA raised in an attempt to keep this thread on track. I know I dragged it off track in the first place but my comment, I think was perfectly valid... you dont argue with Spanish officialdom in the presence of armed police...!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 May 2012 6:58 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

You don't need to wory , they are denying residency tomany people on another forum & are requiring you to comply with this lot as from the 24th April !

http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2012/04/24/pdfs/BOE-A-2012-5403.pdf

A lot of it illegal under eu rules.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 9:55 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

When one applies for Registration on the EU Citizens Register one does so at the Extranjeros Office of the National Police. Are you seriously going to argue the toss with a civil servant knowing that you are surrounded by armed police

You betcha. Every time. Without exception.

What are they going to do? Shoot me dead for insisting they follow the law? Having argued with petty officials everwhere from the US to Egypt - this lot are really not up to much by comparison!

They also tend to back off pretty fast if they realise you know your stuff and know how to handle this kind of thing.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 10:09 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

Yes, much of it is totally unlawful, and completely unworkable. The entire thing is a complete mess. They fail to realise that Spain does not and cannot "grant" or "deny" residency. Those rights are automatic treaty rights. If you meet the ciriteria set out in the relevant EU (not Spanish) regulations you automatically have an absolute right to be here, to live here, and to work here on equal footing with any Spanish citizen. It seems they completely fail to take this on board. The "certificates" are completely irrelevant to this. They make no difference, They cannot expel anyone of "economic grounds", that is completely forbidden. Neither can they deny a right of residency except on some very narrow and highly specific grounds, all of which involve grave threats to national security. Even then - you can appeal. So it seems they intend to deny issuing "certificates". Fine. Let them deny them. Maybe at that point they might begin to realise how completely pointless and useless this entire process really is. It achieves absolutely nothing. It does not affect your right of residency, and has no effect of your tax residency either....

They cannot expell anyone, and they cannot deny anyone entry (with above notable exceptions). It is completely crazy.

It really is about time the ex-pat community (all EU citizens) found some guts and started standing up to this blatant abuse of the process, instead of caving in under imagined threats of "officers with guns". . Put in complaints via SOLVIT for one thing, and write to your Euro MP's.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 10:14 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

Are UK civil servants allowed to do this? According to EU law probably not BUT the fact remains that they do

They are allowed to do that under EU law as a passport is an identity document and they are fully permitted to make any necessary enquiries to establish that you are who you say you are and are entitled to receive one.

The conditions for the issue of a Certificate of Registration of an EU Citizen, are, however, tightly proscribed by EU directive and no, they cannot add supplementary questions or any other "administrative procedure" to those permitted by the said regulation.

Hope this answers your question.

Like 0      
08 May 2012 8:26 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

THE APPLICATION FORM

Section 1
NIE PAS/NIF ignore
1st Surname (or only surname)     2nd surname (if you have one)
First names                                        H = male M = female
Date of birth                                        Town of birth                           Country of birth
Fathers first name                             Mothers first name
Your nationality                                   Status C married V widowed D Divorced SP Separated
Address in Spain:  the Road,           Number,                                   Floor number (if in a block)
Town                                                     Post code                                 Province
Telephone No.                                    Email

Section 2
If your representative is doing it,  this is their section,  if you are doing it then ignore this

Section 3
Where correspondence should be sent, so probably as in section 1

Section 4

box I                is the place you are signing it so say, Fuengirola,
box 2                Date,     so maybe 1st 
box 3                maybe April,
box 4                maybe 2012
Last line          say Fuengirola         Prov. Malaga

This message was last edited by johnzx on 31/05/2012.

Like 0      
31 May 2012 2:54 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If anyone has found this info lacking please let me know

Like 0      
19 Jul 2012 8:42 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

So it seems they intend to deny issuing "certificates". Fine. Let them deny them. Maybe at that point they might begin to realise how completely pointless and useless this entire process really is. It achieves absolutely nothing. It does not affect your right of residency, and has no effect of your tax residency either...."

As i mentioned in a previous post here, its all very well you saying "let them deny issuing a certificate of registration" but how can you get a Spanish driving license for example without one!? Catch 22 no?,  Potentially if you are not retired, cannot prove sufficient funds or dont have health cover entitlement in Spain you could be denied a certificate of registration as an EU citizen therefore denying the ability to get a Spanish license!

Like 0      
19 Jul 2012 9:38 PM by Ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

What do you mean deny issuing - did you mean refuse to issue?

Like 0      
19 Jul 2012 11:44 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

yes, refuse to issue, although this has not happened to me, if an EU citizen cannot meet the the new EU registration requirements ie income proof etc, potentially they could be refused a certificate, the point i was making how could a driving license be applied for without the registration certificate, really there shouldnt be conditions to obtaining it as its just an EU registry

Like 0      
19 Jul 2012 11:53 PM by ziggyblue Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

But it is not the EU it is Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DO I NEED AN NIE NUM TO OPEN A NON RESIDENT BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
Party walls/fences - 5 posts
Spanish registered car for sale in UK - 3 posts
Cancel my Residencia - 53 posts
In Europe Sticking To The Rules Matters - 2 posts
General strike thursday - 5 posts
koi - 0 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 9 posts
love spain - 84 posts
Looking for a Villa to Rent for July and August in Quesada - 0 posts
Valencia - 5 posts
Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts
Murcia Area- Working Potteries around Totana, Murcia Area - 0 posts
Smart Car for sale or swop - 1 posts
Have our eye on Spain - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x