love spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2012 10:55 PM by pearllinda Star rating in javea. 19 posts Send private message

pearllinda´s avatar

Oh Dartboy, its not too good to ha

ve regrets but I do understand where you are coming from. I moved here 20 odd years ago and still love it, I am sure I could have made more money in UK but my wellbeing is enhanced by being here and that means more to me

:)

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 2:06 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

its not just the money we had to take into account the kids stability if we had both uk properties rented out we would of had about £1500 a month which we could of survived on but not having a secure income and the chance one property wouldn't be rented out or a unexpected problem with one of them was a risk my wife felt wasn't worth taking.after next year both will be at secondary school and i fell it will then be the wrong time to go but i will be there full time as soon as they are finished their education and are settled,i expect to be there full time by the time i am 55.i am saving hard to buy another flat that the kids can go and live in to help them out and save the wife from worrying about them too much.But with prices falling as they are we might be lucky and pick up a villa in need of a refurb then they can have the flat we already have.My sisters father in-law lives in jeava in between the old town and the port.its a good area to live in and i can't wait every year when we come out i spend hours walking through all different urbs looking at villas thinking one day i'll be here

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 2:57 PM by pearllinda Star rating in javea. 19 posts Send private message

pearllinda´s avatar

Two words............... Dont wait

:)

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 4:28 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

I don't know.  If you really do keep up with all that's happening in Spain at the moment...waiting may be the best option for you.  The following information from the BBC should at least get you thinking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17753891

This message was last edited by maddiemack on 19/04/2012.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 8:04 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

i do keep up with events in spain and feel we have aways togo yet before prices stop falling and with the local governments putting up every tax they can i will wait and see where it ends have heard of the property tax going up to 4 times what it was a few years ago.

I also think at 45  that it may be abit early to retire and spend most days drinking beer beside the pool.Even if i don't need to work i couldn't sit around all day doing nothing even when on holiday i get up do 100 lengths of the pool then i get the broom out sweep all the pool areas and naya's clean and skim the pool of any debris.

I do have a love of off road motocycling so would like to do some of that when i come over,i have riden down near girrona and near benicasim (sp where they have the big music festival) so would like to find somewhere in the alicante region or its a drive down to murcia which wouldn't be too bad as i have a camper with a garage so could go the day before and stay in the area as i do like to drive around being nosey at what is around

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for a Villa to Rent for July and August in Quesada - 0 posts
Valencia - 5 posts
Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts
Murcia Area- Working Potteries around Totana, Murcia Area - 0 posts
Smart Car for sale or swop - 1 posts
Have our eye on Spain - 24 posts
HOTEL KEY CARDS - 6 posts
Wanted, red/silver gas bottle - 0 posts
Homestay in Spain - 0 posts
COURT STAFF CUTS - 1 posts
Sue & Brian Here.. looking for dog friendly hotel/B&B/motel near Logrono Area.. - 0 posts
Builder for fencing needed in Riviera del Sol, Mijas-Costa - 1 posts
Apartment for rent - 0 posts
Car rental insurance for UK visit - 2 posts
Baja Consular is it cruel joke - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 85

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x