Solar Power on Communities

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2012 11:33 AM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

Hi Expats

if you guys are supplying and installing to uk mcs standards in Spain already at a fair price, then there is little point in the expense of a team coming out to Spain to complete a survey from the uk.

At least now the original question has been satisfied, and should end with a quality service.

If I can help further give me a call

Regards

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 10:44 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

Not sure about Spain, but in UK unless there is a government subsidy they are definitely not cost effective.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 1:00 PM by bergspyder Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Hi tinto,

I'm sure you're right but here there were a number of elements to consider (for thermal) that I had not come across before e.g. mains counter 400m away (voltage drop/3-phase needed?) and the rental contract with power supplier (ICP size), then diameter & number of cables from counter to house, etc. To go electric (no gas mains) for effectively unlimited h/w supply required investment of at least €2000 -- before switching on. The solar gear cost €2800 & with 300+ days of sun a year that also means virtually unlimited (& once installed, free) supply. Add to that smaller ICP (lower rental), monophase supply, thinner cables.....

Another point -- which hasn't been part of this thread & as an old man won't make any difference to me -- is the "green" aspect. We're assuming mains power will always be available but with nuclear fears & oil running out, should we? I'm told my panel will last 20 years so surely we should be pushing for these more sustainable solutions? And if we all do, the price of solar gear will plummet (think color TV). Of course, if something doesn't work (like solar gear in UK, I imagine), it doesn't work

Like 0      
27 Jun 2018 6:38 AM by IanCook Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 16 posts Send private message

I originally posted this forum question 6 years ago, back then we found the costs (€35,000) to high and the technological  support pretty limited, so we deferred the plan.

we have now resurrected the idea and wondered if installation skills and the products available had advanced any?

Have any other communities installed a heating system for their community pool?

what are the costs and any recommendations for supply and fit.

our pool is approx 20mtrs X 15mtrs.

thanks

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts
Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts
Rejas and Security Alarms advice - 5 posts
Electricity & Utilities. - 17 posts
Roof Bars wanted - 0 posts
Hi i am new here - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire no thanks - 8 posts
Should i pay a reservation deposit??? - 42 posts
looking for a reputable estate agent in the granada area to sell a property - 5 posts
Worst bank - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x