mortage applied for and now stuck in the system

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by helcatamy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

hi all hoping someone can help me relax about this a bit - or point me in the right direction! Our estate agent has been helping us apply for a mortage and after many months of getting varous bits of paperwork together, valuations done and choosing the right property etc etc the bank eventually have said yes. They said yes in the first week of the year and then nothing....4 weeks ago they then said it would be another 2 weeks.....still nothing! Our estate agent says she has been chasing and getting nowhere. so since they eventually said yes it has been 7 weeks - is this normal or is this something i should be worrying about?

Like 0      
17 Feb 2012 3:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It does seem a bit odd although a couple of agent friends of mine were telling me recently that banks were taking ages to get mortgages approved and arranged.

Have  they given you any sort of reason for the delay?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Feb 2012 3:43 PM by helcatamy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for the reply, no there has been no reason given at all, our estate agent has been chasing and getting nowhere! What would the standard turn around time be after they approve it? Can't believe it is taking so long, we have our flights booked for April and were hoping to be going to our own house!!

Like 0      
28 Feb 2012 1:11 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

i think that's just the way things work in spain. We were approved for a morgage back in September and they approved it in principal very quickly, but took another 4 months to actually go through. 

we kept hearing back from the agent saying he had spoken to them and they promised to have it ready by the weekend etc, but would never keep to the deadlines. it got to the point when we thought they had rejected us but didn't want to tell us so were just ignoring us. Then suddenly one day they contacted us with a closing date for about 3 days time.

I just think they are incredibly laid back in terms of getting things done and unfortunately every little decision now needs approval from very senior people at the bank so this adds a lot of time.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2012 1:21 PM by helcatamy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

thank you for taking the time to reply, that has helped. We have been thinking they must have changed their mind aswell, its such a wait we have been getting very stressed about it! We are still waiting, our flights are booked to go out in April so maybe we will get it sorted before then, if not we will go back again in September so hopefully by then.......we will see!!! Thanks again!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts
Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts
British consulate open day 22nd Feb. - 2 posts
Administrator - 1 posts
Recommended property management company estepona / Marbella - 4 posts
MAD DOGS - 5 posts
sotoserena - 3 posts
Chrome /leather swivel chair - 0 posts
Shop fittings for sale - 0 posts
Keff ceiling loudspeakers x4 - 2 posts
Mannequin for shop window - 0 posts
Sharp cash register programmable - 0 posts
Sharp cash register programmable - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x