What do the courts do that takes so long?????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hello all,

I am asking the question out of sheer frustration, it is 9 weeks since my case was heard, I'm not going into detail beacuse that is not what this post is about.

But what on earth takes 9 weeks to sort out?  does the Judge take a long time to deliberate?  does the Judge make a decsion almost immediately and it is the administration of the court that takes the time? is it that I am English and so put to the bottom of the pile to be seen to when there's a spare minute?  Which?????

I do not have any experiences of the english court system, but surely it should not take 9 weeks and counting?  and the most frustrating thing of all is that there does not appear to be an end date so I could be in exactly the same position in another 9 weeks.

Frustrated

Kelju

Like 0      
20 Feb 2012 3:02 PM by Val123 Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

I am in no way an expert and can sympathise, and indeed empathise with you

The Spanish legal system is in even more of a mess than the British one

The speed at which your case is processed seems to depend on who you are and what the case is about

It can take years to get an award made against a property developer, even though it's clear that they have defrauded and stolen from many people.  Indeed, the judge can sometimes find in your favour (after the Developer appealing many times to delay the outcome, meanwhile he is hiding his assets overseas, despite you requesting that his assets are frozen)

The judge can then tell you that although you have won and also been awarded costs etc., it is unlikely that the guilty party will pay up....this has happened to about 10 couples that we know

On the other hand, if the Junta decide to demolish a property owned by a non Spaniard, this can happen very quickly indeed and often the homeowners are not even properly notified or given a reasonable amount of time to appeal the case.

Instead of Sarkozy & Co. being so cross with the UK, perhaps they'd like to examine the way Spain conducts itself.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts
British consulate open day 22nd Feb. - 2 posts
Administrator - 1 posts
Recommended property management company estepona / Marbella - 4 posts
MAD DOGS - 5 posts
sotoserena - 3 posts
Chrome /leather swivel chair - 0 posts
Shop fittings for sale - 0 posts
Keff ceiling loudspeakers x4 - 2 posts
Mannequin for shop window - 0 posts
Sharp cash register programmable - 0 posts
Sharp cash register programmable - 0 posts
Teac amplifier/radio tuner remote control - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted Valle de Sol Murcia - 3 posts
Heating System Fuelled by Red Diesel - 1 posts
ENDESA - 4 posts
habitation licence - 4 posts
Pravda in Puerto Banus - 3 posts
ibi tax - 3 posts
perimeter alarm systems - 3 posts
Charity Quiz Wednesday 15th February - Formentera del Segura - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x