Fast UK VPN?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by ramchip Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Loking for a fast UK VPN so we can access BBC Iplayer and our Sky Sports online service. Happy to sign up under an affiliate link if someone can post a quality VPN.

Thanks

Like 0      
24 Sep 2011 2:48 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Can recommend vpngates.com - I've used them for a few years without problems. Excellent service - subscription.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 24/09/2011.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2011 3:31 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

We use Expat Shield for our i player, its free and works a treat.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2011 5:25 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

We use the attached link. £5.00 per month when you use it only - no contract.

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/

Like 0      
24 Sep 2011 5:57 PM by jpd Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

jpd´s avatar

We too use Ex Pat Shield have had no problems and its free

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 9:03 AM by johnsonm90 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I think I have a recommendation for you :)

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 9:07 AM by johnsonm90 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

PureVPN is a leading UK VPN service provider that enables its users from all around the world to enjoy high speed Internet service through secure and reliable servers. It offers unrestricted speed, excellent support staff and the feature of unlimited server switches. I use it to watch UK and USA only websites like BBC iPlayer, Hulu etc..I am sure you will like the service too..You can visit their website to find out more details ...

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 9:18 AM by mikea Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

have a look at eltel.tv ... got a free 7 day trial that connects to their portal ... 26 or so of the Uk channels, 17 radio stations plus direct links to the 4 main Uk players and access for those wanting to use sky player etc ... and following the free trial it's on a pay as you go basis... month by month at only €10 per month. Quality is really good.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:49 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We use the free expatshield. Had a problem at first with the sound of adverts always in the background but got that sorted and it streams very well.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 10:10 AM by emma100 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

If always used watchuktv good service and cheap too, they even have youtube videos to helo you set the VPN! Cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIBUFDj89o&noredirect=1

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 6:03 PM by mikea Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

With eltel.tv, you simply receive am email with a link that you just save to your desktop... and thats it! then you just use the website as the selector for all the tv channels, the radio stations and the catch up players... easy peasy!...

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 11:28 AM by muddyleopard Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

im happy with uktvaccess

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 11:30 AM by blackrabbitz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

same here. i've been using uktvaccess for a few months in alicante without any trouble. some people say expatshield is the way to go, but i only ever got headaches with that ...

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 3:49 PM by SuperbVPN Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello everybody,
I am using Australian VPN with Superb VPN Services and I am very satisfied. Speed is fine and connection is reliable.

I know that they have UK IP address too.

embed

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 4:37 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I am using a product called Strong VPN which cost me 55 dollars on a PC, IPAD and via the router to a PS3 and it works great with very little overhead

I now have the Apple TV box linked to my TV so that it  has a wireless connection to my IPAD and use www.filmon.com on the IPAD which gives me a load of UK channels free, no VPM needed and it is still free

The  VPN setup on the IPAD and PC was very simple and  have tested the speed and there is very little overhead and it does not drop out or judder but I do have a Telefonica 10Mb connection

The ink to the TV by HDMI but I will be able to link to to the Apple box but the modem setup for the PS3 much more difficult so I put in a 2nd cheap router just running the VPN

Si I niw have all of the UK TV replay channels,Iplayer,5 on Demand, 4OD, TV catchup plus live channels and movies just for the cost of the VPN and Apple bix as I need the IPAD and PC for work plus I can take the IPAD anywhere and use it

Like 0      
12 Jan 2012 4:43 PM by madiexvv Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 13/01/2012.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2012 12:20 PM by SuperbVPN Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 13/01/2012.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 1:58 PM by islandhop Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm we'll happy with these guys called s4uvpnsurfer,  me and the wife was using one of the above mentioned but was then told by a friend to try these and have never been so happy, we pay £3.99 a month no contracts, so much choice Its amazing speeds are first class and we use It on sky no problem plus the wife can watch her stuff as well as they let you have multi-logins for the same price, also will work with all UKTV we found them very professsional and they have a great connection tool that will show you live updates of the servers so you always know instantly If they have a problem quite cool still 15 month's later I'm still with them and the service has never gone down once, reliabilty good price works with any UK website what more do you need from a vpn, happy looking.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2012 11:33 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Has anyone else had problems with Expatshield lately? Since Friday last I have been unable to raise them at all, and the UK phone number is not answering either.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2012 12:22 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I'm in the UK at the moment but have just tried to connect to Expatshield and it connected OK. From what I have read also on a French forum it seems a bit up and down at the moment but so far I've not had any problems.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Security... - 5 posts
Terminally ill - 13 posts
Taxis - 3 posts
the Rowleys - 3 posts
List for transponders please - 4 posts
Looking for a good local book keeper. - 3 posts
Thought 5 months was a holiday?? - 11 posts
usa visa - 0 posts
Wanted Dining Room Table & 4 Chairs - 1 posts
Sue Spanish Builder/Bank in UK? - 13 posts
Anyone in Marbella do me a favour? - 2 posts
Things you need to known about your Cell Phone - 3 posts
Looking to buy Property in Malaga, Spain - 6 posts
Moving to Spain - 6 posts
I received letter from Agencia Tributaria saying I have a fine - but for what? - 14 posts
Land sitter/land wanted for rent for campervan. - 2 posts
Getting your deposit back? Tenant rights - 3 posts
Campsite work - 1 posts
Is this the bottom of the market - 1 posts
amplifier for satellite dish - 1 posts
Driving down to El Faro Mijas first time. - 10 posts
Couple from Barnsley S.Yorks - 3 posts
TOMTOM TRUCK SATNAV IDEAL FOR CARAVAN AND CAMPER VANS - 0 posts
Internet in la zenia - 2 posts
Place selling wine near Aspe - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x